• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2007

LM4sure

Banned
Holy cow!!! Wii still kicking ass. From all reports, it seems that the supply of Wiis is up quite a bit in July so next month's report should be quite interesting. muahahahahah!!!!!

We might also see the PS3 sell more than the 360 due to the price drop. Veeeeeeeeery interesting!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
mood said:
PS3 and its software sales are terrible.

Well, at least for its top sellers..the sales are pretty comparable tie ratio wise to the other two consoles. Of course, developers and publishers don't care about that- they care about the bottom line.

schuelma said:
This isn't perfect, but I added up the top 5 sellers from the 3 platforms and divided by the number of units sold:
(Approximations)

Wii- 1.119M/383K=2.9

360- 715K/198K= 3.6

PS3-280K/98K= 2.86

I know it doesn't say that much, but I thought it was interesting.
A good example of how an overwhelming userbase will always be better despite the similar or in some cases, better, tie in ratio,.

:lol

This thread is full of win.

Nice to see Forza and the Darkness (congrats starbreeze!) selling well.

Nintendo ruling in sales yada yada yada. Still not going to catch the 360 ltd in NA.

sebthelobster said:
it feels so empty.... there is no energy left in this thread :(

People finally giving up?

It's boring. Same thing every month. Wii & DS win. 360 does OK. PS3 struggles.

Only a few interesting things is to see:
-Who wins the grudge match between the PS3 and GBA (GBA by a KO this month)
-What is the new 360 "game of the month" (The Darkness this month.)

KINGMOKU

Yeah but that is the incorrect way to do the math. It should be the overall userbase to find out the tie in ration, not the months hardware console numbers. That makes no sense. Do it again schuelma

TwinsDad

NekoFever said:
I think IGN Boards should be the new PS3 Forums. A sample of the delights to be found in their PS3 board's NPD thread:

You should visit the official Sony forums. Those are nothing compared to the quotes you could get from there.

GhaleonEB

Subarushian said:
Nintendo ruling in sales yada yada yada. Still not going to catch the 360 ltd in NA.
At the margin it's outselling the 360 the past three months, it's about 14 months away from catching up to the 360. I think it will catch up, but there's too many variables to predict to what degree - how much will Nintendo increase shipments for the holidays? Will MS do a price drop? If so by how much? The trend will be far from linear. But given how fast they've closed the gap so far, no reason to think it won't happen.

cw_sasuke said:
Posting leaked numbers is off-limits.

speculawyer said:
It's boring. Same thing every month. Wii & DS win. 360 does OK. PS3 struggles.

Only a few interesting things is to see:
-Who wins the grudge match between the PS3 and GBA (GBA by a KO this month)
-What is the new 360 "game of the month" (The Darkness this month.)
The Wii is starting to exhibit some form of Game of the Month phenom as well.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
EviLore said:
Shouldn't need to remind you guys that leaked numbers can't be allowed...

I made sure to take out the numbers when I quoted him. Pls don't ban me.

schuelma

moku said:
Yeah but that is the incorrect way to do the math. It should be the overall userbase to find out the tie in ration, not the months hardware console numbers. That makes no sense. Do it again schuelma

Ok but to do that don't I need LTD software numbers if I'm going to compare LTD hardware numbers?

titiklabingapat said:
The Wii is starting to exhibit some form of Game of the Month phenom as well.

Maybe, but Wii Play will probably be in the top 10 for the rest of summer, maybe in to Winter. It's basically a must-purchase

schuelma

EviLore said:

Do you want me to edit my tie ratio thing I did? No numbers were posted...

sphinx

the piano man
EviLore said:

Seems to me trojandan was a junior, new to neogaf with some insider info. My guess is that he wasn't aware of NPD threads' restrictions.

KINGMOKU

F#A#Oo said:
It will by this year...
Well, if they had the consoles to ship, it would easily pass the 360 in the States this year. Hell, they could do it quicker then anyone could have possibly imagined.

The real question is how many consoles can Nintendo make, and ship? They need to double the amount.

I have no idea how many they could sell, but my guess would be at least double this amount every month if they had the supply.

Cheesemeister said:
TrojanDan
Banned

Holy crap, I wasn't even paying attention to the username. I though it was Evilore posting all those numbers.

I was wondering why the NPD got so generous all of a sudden :lol :lol :lol

arne

F#A#Oo said:
It will by the end of this year...

it was said in another thread, if correct, that Nintendo doesn't even plan on shipping enough units to US/NA (40% of WW production targets) to close that gap by the end of the year. keep dreaming though if that's what pleases you.

YYZ

What do you mean by leaked numbers? What did he post that was against the rules? Is it the numbers that Matt C posted on IGN?

KINGMOKU

schuelma said:
Ok but to do that don't I need LTD software numbers if I'm going to compare LTD hardware numbers?
Nope. It would be usefull to see, out of the amount of console owners, how many games were bought that month, for a proper up to the minute tie-in-ratio.

GhaleonEB said:
At the margin it's outselling the 360 the past three months, it's about 14 months away from catching up to the 360. I think it will catch up, but there's too many variables to predict to what degree - how much will Nintendo increase shipments for the holidays? Will MS do a price drop? If so by how much? The trend will be far from linear. But given how fast they've closed the gap so far, no reason to think it won't happen.

Absolutely true. But I think price drop(crucial)+Halo+GTA+Mass Effect+strong 2008 lineup will be enough to stave off the Wii in NA. We're all making predictions right? Well thats mine.

Though I'm not going to bet my account on it. :D

It will by the end of this year...

No. I will bet my account on that.

GhaleonEB

YYZ said:
What do you mean by leaked numbers? What did he post that was against the rules? Is it the numbers that Matt C posted on IGN?
He posted a lot more than that, clearly leaked. No point discussing it much further since the numbers are gone and going into any kind of detail.......isn't advisable.

Jammy

Banned
Wow... nobody's buying PlayStation (brand) games anymore.

This is what happens when you have to spend all your savings on damn hardware.

LM4sure

Banned
moku said:
Well, if they had the consoles to ship, it would easily pass the 360 in the States this year. Hell, they could do it quicker then anyone could have possibly imagined.

The real question is how many consoles can Nintendo make, and ship? They need to double the amount.

I have no idea how many they could sell, but my guess would be at least double this amount every month if they had the supply.

I thought they opened another production center to get Wiis out quicker. I think Wiis are becoming more readily available. My friends or I have seen them a couple times in the past month.

YYZ

..pakbeka.. said:
not a single PS3 game in the top15 is a much bigger problem than getting beaten by the GBA
Were you expecting any? Given that 360 has a much larger userbase you'd expect multiplatform games to make the list on 360 and not PS3. I'd be dissapointed if NG:Sigma didn't make the top 15 or top 20. Besides that, there's no big PS3 exclusive titles until Lair which we won't even see until September NPD and that's only for half of August.

schuelma

Thoren said:
There there... it'll be okay. The gaming industry is bound to experience a "Big Crunch" sooner or later. Then we will begin anew..

Yeah, gaming sales were up a total of 43% from last year, and gaming is dying.

Top Bottom