• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2013 [Up2: 360/3DS Hardware, AC/LM/DK Digital + Retail]

Can we have an update in Vita retail sales? Soul sacrifice
This.

It would be interesting to see SS LTD sales.

Also i am kinda LTTP but it took a while to read through the thread so....

3DS had a amazing month, Grats to Nintendo. Software sales were also pretty damn good all around
Vita getting a 30% increase was a big surprise. I was never expecting it since the only retail release that comes to mind is Jak and Daxter collection.
Wii U managed to keep its position, will be interesting to see what number it pulls off in August.

And i am so damn happy for TLOU. So damn happy for Sony, for having the balls to greenlit a new IP at the end of this gen. So damn happy for ND to actually pull this nearly impossible feat.

Overall, this has been a pretty good month all around.

Lastly, ouch at Remember Me and Ouya sales

jakncoke

Banned
Wii + Wii U combined very close to PS3.

3DS at the top of the hill, ready for the snowball effect and the Pokebomb.

Nintendo family largely reaching more customers than the rest of its competitors combined.

For a dying company advised to leave hardware business and go 3rd party, Nintendo is doing pretty good.

Actually it looks like a dragon about to wake up from a long hibernation.

meme or you trying to get a job in nintendos pr team?

[3DS - WIU] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - 100K+ (I don't remember the number)
Between 100k and 130k. So let's say 115k.

Glad to see people are still buying the game, and I feel like the Wii U version sold well on the eShop.

I hope we don't have to beg for MH4. :(

Mooreberg

I thought The Last of Us would open somewhere between UC2 and UC3 with it being a new IP and the general slow down in sales. Looks like word of mouth is getting the job done. I wish more games like this and RDR came out this time of year.

Congrats, Naughty Dog.

Bruno MB

This.

It would be interesting to see SS LTD sales.

Also i am kinda LTTP but it took a while to read through the thread so....

3DS had a amazing month, Grats to Nintendo. Software sales were also pretty damn good all around
Vita getting a 30% increase was a big surprise. I was never expecting it since the only retail release that comes to mind is Jak and Daxter collection.
Wii U managed to keep its position, will be interesting to see what number it pulls off in August.

And i am so damn happy for TLOU. So damn happy for Sony, for having the balls to greenlit a new IP at the end of this gen. So damn happy for ND to actually pull this nearly impossible feat.

Overall, this has been a pretty good month all around.

Lastly, ouch at Remember Me and Ouya sales

Last month creamsugar gave us an update on Soul Sacrifice sales.

SS ~ 45.3K

Nintendo family largely reaching more customers than the rest of its competitors combined.

For a dying company advised to leave hardware business and go 3rd party, Nintendo is doing pretty good.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, dude.

BlackJace

Nintendo is a dragon

Dragons breathe fire

Fire is hot

Heat comes in waves

Heat waves hurt sales

Nintendo should therefore go to ios

eK9TTSV.gif

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

sense

Last of Us YES. So glad this game did well, too bad it didn't go over 1m.

it most likely did with digital sales. the game was sold out at a lot of places the first week with reports that there is still shortage from fellow gaf members and it was day 1 digital.

If TLoU did around 775k how on earth did it get 3.4 million worldwide? Sounds like Sony is being disingenuous and giving shipped numbers instead of sold just like they did with UC3.

Also, number one software but still can't beat 360 in June is a massive failure on the part of John Koller and SCEA's hardware marketing team.

Every publisher reports shipped numbers. It's not disingenuous, that's how its done. How the fuck are Sony supposed to know how many people bought the game? They only know the number of copies they made.

How is it that we're on the billionth sales thread and people still don't know this.

DaBoss

The other is a great piece of hardware with some quite impressive emulation possibilities and good homebrew with a very good games library.

The other is OUYA.

SO I WOULD HOPE SO!
I think the Ouya supports lots of emulators due to it being Android based.

But I think the PSP GO is terrible. Other PSP models are much better.

DaBoss

Thanks. Although, i was curious to see if people were still buying it, lol

Also i just remembered that wasn't there a Epic Mickey 2 bundle with VITA in June? It might have helped, perhaps.
If it really did then I would be disappointed. That game is a mess that should bomb all around.

Also would be disappointed if EM2 beat MH3U on the Wii U.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Lol at that 3ds needs to be saved thread yesterday.
Or the thread yesterday about analysts speculating on Nintendo leaving hardware business. That's the one I had in mind when I saw Nintendo sold >350K systems in June.

Hibernating was an image because Nintendo was so not ready with the 3DS and Wii U. And they have this passive force to advance nevertheless, no mater their wounds. It looks like they are in a far better shape in H2 on both their platforms than they ever were since their respective launches.

MH 2 versions total > 200K now.
Only 10 games better than MH on Wii U.

That would be (excluding Nintendo Land which is bundled within Deluxe versions):

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
ZombiU
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
LEGO City Undercover
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

and probably Assassin's Creed IV, Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition, and Just Dance 4, but those are up in the air for me.

I think the Ouya supports lots of emulators due to it being Android based.

But I think the PSP GO is terrible. Other PSP models are much better.

PSPGO is not terrible! :(. Such an awesome device but I do have to admit it only reaches that with CFW due to some UMD games not being available on PSN. Also the ridicilous price it apparently still is sold in the US. It should be 99$.

Well the controls could be less cramped but that is the price you pay, the device is really tiny and light. But thats just me, I prefer it over my 3000/Street nowdays.

If only Vita had CFW so I didn't need to bother with PSP too much anymore :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That TLOU number is seriously just crazy. Sony should just give blank checks to ND and stay the hell out of the way.

Also really drives home the point that this generation has been going for far too long when it doesn't make a dent on hardware sales in the slightest.

Every publisher reports shipped numbers. It's not disingenuous, that's how its done. How the fuck are Sony supposed to know how many people bought the game? They only know the number of copies they made.

How is it that we're on the billionth sales thread and people still don't know this.

I was thinking retailers might give publishers their sell through data but actually we've already discussed this. They are not shipped numbers per se, they are a mix of shipped and sold through. I learned Sony mixes sold in and digital sales to come up with their numbers.

EagleEyes

Sony's hardware numbers are horrible these days. They have a great game that debuts at number 1 and it does absolutely nothing for the hardware. Both Microsoft and Sony should be ashamed that they haven't lowered the price of their consoles this late in the game.

Sony's hardware numbers are horrible these days. They have a great game that debuts at number 1 and it does absolutely nothing for the hardware. Both Microsoft and Sony should be ashamed that they haven't lowered the price of their consoles this late in the game.

Gamescom PS3 pricecut believe!

I really don't know why MS didn't do a pricecut to go with the new model tho.

Top Bottom