• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2013 [Up2: 360/3DS Hardware, AC/LM/DK Digital + Retail]

I made a mistake. I thought shipped usually means sold to retailer. Apparently not as it also means sold through digital.

When UC3 sold 3.8 million it was actually shipped. When TLoU sold 3.4 million it was actually shipped combined with sold digital.

Shipped does mean to retailers they only reason it mix for TLOU is because it came out on PSN same day .
Expect this to happen much more next gen when everything going to be DD day 1 on consoles since it already happening for Vita and 3DS .
We need NPD , MC etc etc to start getting DD sales or in the coming years we going to be missing a fair amount of data as more people start buying on DD.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
That would be (excluding Nintendo Land which is bundled within Deluxe versions):

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
ZombiU
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
LEGO City Undercover
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

and probably Assassin's Creed IV, Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition, and Just Dance 4, but those are up in the air for me.

You're forgetting Injustice Gods Among Us. This was present in the top 10 Wii U retail titles on Nintendo's site at some point.

Brashnir

npd_wiiu_vita_89fk3d.png

Vita: Thanks, Madden!

Wii U: Thanks a lot, Wario...

CRIPPLE FIGHT!

1qRLdO1.jpg

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Just actual fans of the device and at $99, it's a safe risk.
I bet next month it will do worse.

The couple people I know who got the Ouya are terribly disappointed. They're telling their friends not to get it, which isn't a good sign if more widespread...

I just wanted to make sure that you know that these are just US retail figures. From the stories that are coming out of rest of the world I would not be surprised if it actually has sold 3.4 million retail and digital world wide.

I know they are US retail figures. That was the point. We now know exactly how much it sold retail in the US so we can compare that to the figure that Sony claimed. Say around 500k US sales were digital there is almost a 2 million shortfall that needs to be made up elsewhere. You think Europe made that up? But as it's mostly shipped not sold through the claim is kind of pointless anyway.

Nutter

So since everyone is saying Nintendo should exit the Console hardware business, should Sony exit the handheld business?

Does anyone have the numbers for June 2007 for comparisons sake?

So since everyone is saying Nintendo should exit the Console hardware business, should Sony exit the handheld business?

[[/url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173713

Playstation 3 -- 98.5k
Xbox 360 -- 198.4k
Wii -- 381.8k
DS -- 561.9k
PSP -- 290.1k

Top SKU's June 2007

01. Wii Mario Party 8 -- 426.2k
02. Wii Play w/ remote -- 293.2k
03. NDS Pokemon Diamond Version -- 288.4k
04. NDS Pokemon Pearl Version -- 214.7k
05. 360 Forza Motorsport 2 -- 197.40k
06. PS2 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 197.35k
07. 360 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 177.6k
08. Wii Pokemon Battle -- 157.9k
09. Wii Resident Evil 4
10. 360 The Darkness

I'm not sure where this strawman about Nintendo exiting the console hardware business or hardware business in general is coming from...

But yes, Sony should exit the handheld business.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173713http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173713

Playstation 3 -- 98.5k
Xbox 360 -- 198.4k
Wii -- 381.8k
DS -- 561.9k
PSP -- 290.1k

Top SKU's June 2007

01. Wii Mario Party 8 -- 426.2k
02. Wii Play w/ remote -- 293.2k
03. NDS Pokemon Diamond Version -- 288.4k
04. NDS Pokemon Pearl Version -- 214.7k
05. 360 Forza Motorsport 2 -- 197.40k
06. PS2 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 197.35k
07. 360 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 177.6k
08. Wii Pokemon Battle -- 157.9k
09. Wii Resident Evil 4
10. 360 The Darkness

GBA - 113K
PS2 - 270K

What are we estimating TLoU at? ~750k? How much did GoW3 sell its opening month? I know it was more than 100k.

I wouldn't be surprised if TLoU did 40-50% of it sales digitally on PSN.

I really don't get why people assume anyone is going to defend how piss poor the Vita is selling...
What are we estimating TLoU at? ~750k? How much did GoW3 sell its opening month? I know it was more than 100k.

I wouldn't be surprised if TLoU did 40-50% of it sales digitally on PSN.
TLOU did 985K at retail.

jayu26

I know they are US retail figures. That was the point. We now know exactly how much it sold retail in the US so we can compare that to the figure that Sony claimed. Say around 500k US sales were digital there is almost a 2 million shortfall that needs to be made up elsewhere. You think Europe made that up? But as it's mostly shipped not sold through the claim is kind of pointless anyway.

Hmm...See if I go to Amazon Canada right now this is what I see. It is sold out. You want to buy then pay premium price to third party sellers on Amazon or go to BestBuy or Futureshop or EB games, except none of store around by area have it (and I live in Toronto). Their online stores have limited copies, so that is the only option I have if I wanted to buy the game right now (or digital of course). May be mom&pop store has one or two copies around I don't know. But, this kind of thing never happens except when the game is like 5 years old or really niche Japanese title.

So, about Europe and Japan making up for rest of those 2 million, I don't know. All I know is it is hard to find a copy where I live.

Top Bottom