• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2013 [Up2: 360/3DS Hardware, AC/LM/DK Digital + Retail]

DaBoss

After 20 months BF3 is still charting. That's not crazy for a CoD game, but that's crazy for a BF game.
Indeed, BF3 saw a huge explosion of sales for the series, it also led to the series downfall by pandering to people who like COD-like gameplay/action.

Just looking at 3DS numbers for a moment, Iwata said that during the week of AC hardware was 4x the previous week.

That would, by my calculation, imply that outside of that one week 3DS sales were essentially flat M/M with May.
Huh? Where did we get that info? Thats better than GoW3 did. GoW3 did around 800k.
God of War did 1.1m at retail. Are you mixing it up with Ascension (that was more like 600K off the top of my head).

RoKKeR

Awesome! Was hoping it passed the million mark but close enough. I kinda expect TLOU to be No.1 for the month of July as well.

It's been said time and time again, but that's not counting digital sales so in the US TLoU easily surpassed one million, easily cementing it as Sony's best first month of a first party release in the US. (unless I'm missing something) I'd really love to see the digital sales numbers, as I think Day 1 Download is a huge incentive for a lot of people, and especially in the weeks after release as this game is actually 'sold out' at a lot of retailers.

Just looking at 3DS numbers for a moment, Iwata said that during the week of AC hardware was 4x the previous week.

That would, by my calculation, imply that outside of that one week 3DS sales were essentially flat M/M with May.
God of War did 1.1m at retail. Are you mixing it up with Ascension (that was more like 600K off the top of my head).

I think it was GoW2. Think that did around 800k.

What's FUSE? I never really heard of it until this thread...

Fuse and its alternate cover:

4sTkog7.png

3IoD6qG.jpg

Four rogue agents + top secret stuff + alien stuff = Generic action game®

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
[[/url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173713

Playstation 3 -- 98.5k
Xbox 360 -- 198.4k
Wii -- 381.8k
DS -- 561.9k
PSP -- 290.1k

Top SKU's June 2007

01. Wii Mario Party 8 -- 426.2k
02. Wii Play w/ remote -- 293.2k
03. NDS Pokemon Diamond Version -- 288.4k
04. NDS Pokemon Pearl Version -- 214.7k
05. 360 Forza Motorsport 2 -- 197.40k
06. PS2 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 197.35k
07. 360 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 177.6k
08. Wii Pokemon Battle -- 157.9k
09. Wii Resident Evil 4
10. 360 The Darkness
Look at those healthy handheld numbers. Sigh, those were the days. I'm sure people ROFLing at the PSP and 360 at the time.

Tuck

[[/url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173713

Playstation 3 -- 98.5k
Xbox 360 -- 198.4k
Wii -- 381.8k
DS -- 561.9k
PSP -- 290.1k

Top SKU's June 2007

01. Wii Mario Party 8 -- 426.2k
02. Wii Play w/ remote -- 293.2k
03. NDS Pokemon Diamond Version -- 288.4k
04. NDS Pokemon Pearl Version -- 214.7k
05. 360 Forza Motorsport 2 -- 197.40k
06. PS2 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 197.35k
07. 360 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 177.6k
08. Wii Pokemon Battle -- 157.9k
09. Wii Resident Evil 4
10. 360 The Darkness

So 3DS is doing less than half what the DS was doing in the same time frame? Not good... though I suppose these sales are at least solid.

rjc571

Banned
Interesting, guess all we have to do is figure out how much the DS sold to get a metric for PxZ. Though that game came out in very small shipments so it isn't too surprising.

He said earlier that DS was ~54k, but I can't imagine Project X-Zone selling anywhere close to that?

Known TLOU sell-through:

US NPD = 985K
Japan Famitsu = 185K
200K > Germany > 100K
235K > UK > 180K

That's 1.45M physical retail sell-through, using minimums for UK and Germany and excluding other key territories like France, Spain. Would be interested to know what kind of digital sales it was getting % wise.

Look at those healthy handheld numbers. Sigh, those were the days. I'm sure people ROFLing at the PSP and 360 at the time.

Current software seems to be doing pretty well though even taking out tlou it at least doesn't look so bad. I guess it depends how much of a fall there is after Minecraft.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Game and Wario even did pretty badly in Japan (although still not 12k...), I think there it's like 60k LTD. It seemed like an inconsistent game.

Also, software wise it seems like that:

500k > COD: Black Ops, NBA 2K13, Injustice > 100k

NBA 2K13 likely benefitted from the NBA playoffs (I expect it to fall a lot after July and especially into August). Injustice seems to be hanging on in general. I'd bet those 3 are max 200k. I really doubt any more than that though.

Would love to see a postmortem done on Fuse like the recent one about GoW:Ascension. Just seemed so much wrong about the game from the concept to the cover and I'm wondering what the hell Insomniac were thinking. Would it have done better as the less serious Overstrike though?

Duxxy3

Would love to see a postmortem done on Fuse like the recent one about GoW:Ascension. Just seemed so much wrong about the game from the concept to the cover and I'm wondering what the hell Insomniac were thinking. Would it have done better as the less serious Overstrike though?

Yes. Much of the problem with fuse is how god damn generic it is.

idlewild_

Also, software wise it seems like that:

500k > COD: Black Ops, NBA 2K13, Injustice > 100k

NBA 2K13 likely benefitted from the NBA playoffs (I expect it to fall a lot after July and especially into August). Injustice seems to be hanging on in general. I'd bet those 3 are max 200k. I really doubt any more than that though.

Do you have a citation for the lower bound? A couple weeks ago it was mentioned that the highest title in the US after NSMBU was at around 150k:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=68930271&highlight=#post68930271

It is pretty unlikely that any of those three are at 200k, and maybe not all of them are over 100k?

Top Bottom