• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2013 [Up2: 360/3DS Hardware, AC/LM/DK Digital + Retail]

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at those Game and Wario numbers.

I'm sure the executive saying, "Well, we really wanted to give this away for free at launch" didn't help things.

hu4HpLv.png

Ms2pvEi.png

Edit: And I was beaten.

He sounds like a newbie on Gamefaqs. Embarrassing.

Someone tweet him that TLoU did double Gears: Judgment's first month. :lol

Sony's hardware numbers are horrible these days. They have a great game that debuts at number 1 and it does absolutely nothing for the hardware. Both Microsoft and Sony should be ashamed that they haven't lowered the price of their consoles this late in the game.

Sony's main problem is their baseline model is still $100 more than Microsoft's. I guess they didn't introduce the 12GB model in the US because MS would just drop the price on the 4GB.

EagleEyes

Sony's main problem is their baseline model is still $100 more than Microsoft's. I guess they didn't introduce the 12GB model in the US because MS would just drop the price on the 4GB.
I don't think their baseline model is $100 more. I was just in walmart today and looked at the prices. PS3 is $269 and comes with 2 games and the 360 is still $199 after 5 freaking years. Microsoft should be embarassed about that fact.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
LOL at those Game and Wario numbers.

I'm sure the executive saying, "Well, we really wanted to give this away for free at launch" didn't help things.
Greed certainly led them to not include these games in Nintendo Land, which is a shame as Artwork and Island won't be played by 2% of Wii U owners, while they are among the best party games on the system.

ILoveBish

Wii + Wii U combined very close to PS3.

3DS at the top of the hill, ready for the snowball effect and the Pokebomb.

Nintendo family largely reaching more customers than the rest of its competitors combined.

For a dying company advised to leave hardware business and go 3rd party, Nintendo is doing pretty good.

Actually it looks like a dragon about to wake up from a long hibernation.

Meltdown from the japan heatwave? What is happening to nintendo fans in this heat.

Oh shit that's right. We get to find out how Fuse did.

Did horribly last month, but that was only for five days of sales.

Come on Creamsugar / Harker, please tell us how it did (and Ouya sales, just for shits and giggles)!

Nintendo family largely reaching more customers than the rest of its competitors combined.

For a dying company advised to leave hardware business and go 3rd party, Nintendo is doing pretty good.

Not until Wii U weekly baseline starts to rise above 16K.

jayu26

Well seems it did 948k. Pretty good, but still a 2.45 million shortfall. If it's shipped that figure wouldn't include digital sales.

You do know there is world outside USA right? It was sold out at many of the locations in Americas and Europe (at one point it was not even listed at Bestbuy or Futureshop here in Canada), that should tell you that Sony actually underestimated sells potential and under shipped the game.

Pociask

It's $200 from Nintendo right now.
It was available for $160 in December from Best Buy. So, no reason it shouldn't be available at a good price in the upcoming holidays.

Really, really hoping for a great 3DS or Wii U deal come Black Friday.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You do know there is world outside USA right? It was sold out at many of the locations in Americas and Europe (at one point it was not even listed at Bestbuy or Futureshop here in Canada), that should tell you that Sony actually underestimated sells potential and under shipped the game.

Heck its even sold 185k copies in Japan.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
guys, Fuse came out last month. No one asked, so we didn't share haha. I don't have it in front of me today, but it wasn't anything you really want to know anyway haha.

No, I understand. Those were not sales to customers but shipped to retailers. Apart from those digital sales that were included with the shipped sales. It's like a magic trick.

ascii42

No, I understand. Those were not sales to customers but shipped to retailers. Apart from those digital sales that were included with the shipped sales. It's like a magic trick.

Including digital sales makes sense if you think of the exact phrasing that Sony is using: "sold"

Sony sells physical games to retailers (who then sell it to consumers and digital games directly to consumers.

B.O.O.M

aHr.png

Old tweet, still lovely.

I don't always agree with Jim but he was spot on!

hahahahahhaha this week is great!

Nintendo - Heat Wave - Dragons!

guys, Fuse came out last month. No one asked, so we didn't share haha. I don't have it in front of me today, but it wasn't anything you really want to know anyway haha.

haha sounds to me it's EXACTLY the type of thing we would loooove to know :D

jayu26

I just wanted to make sure that you know that these are just US retail figures. From the stories that are coming out of rest of the world I would not be surprised if it actually has sold 3.4 million retail and digital world wide.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
TLoU did insanely well... Best nD launch, 2nd best sony launch. Very well deserved

Ouya > game and wario

I wouldn't mind seeing updated ltds for

God o War ascension
Gears Judgement
DmC
Metal Gear Risisng

Wii u and Vita software.

Maybe a bit to much to ask but npd sucks so we need you cool cats :p

Top Bottom