• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2007

Joe Molotov

kammy said:
Sony have sold 400'000 Playstations last month. Looks good to me.

5652wink4.gif

RBH

BenjaminBirdie said:
Wait a second... WWE logo...WTF.

DID SOMEONE DIE??????

Vince McMahon was the victim of a horrific car bombing on Raw. May his soul rest in peace up in the heavens.

lawl

speculawyer said:
Third parties to gamers . . . on store shelves. Please go buy some. PLEASE! :lol

(The message brought to you by Activision, Electronic Arts, Take-Two, THQ, Ubisoft, and Midway.)

EA (of all companies) has a fair case there but those other comapnies I don't think really have put forth their best efforts by a long shot.

The problem I see now is too many companies are scrambling to get product out and will inevitably end up rushing it to market.

Ubi Soft got way higher sales for Red Steel and Rayman than they honestly deserved.

Grecco

godhandiscen said:
Please MS, drop the price. For the good of the games and genres I enjoy, do not let this happen. If when I grow old the only kind of games available are games like Mario Party I will blast my brains with a shotgun.

Shoot yourself now buddy. It wont get any better soon.

nubbe

I would guess the Wii will be tied with 360 by christmas and passing it to never look back... unless MS do something.

I don't care if we can't get it but I'm asking anyway. In what place is Super Paper Mario on the charts?

Also if you can since we only see the top 10 we know nothing thats happening software wise. Which console is clearly doing best with software right now.

pilonv1

capslock said:
http://www.thestreet.com/newsanalysis/techgames/10362733_2.html

"Most of games for Nintendo platforms were the company's titles, compared with the Xbox 360, which had games from independent publishers break the charts," said Aaron Greenberg, group product manager for Microsoft's Xbox 360.

"For the Xbox 360, we are seeing 65% of third-party sales come from third-party publishers, compared with 15% for the PS3 and 25% for the Wii," he said.

This needs to be posted in every thread about "WHY ISNT THIS GAME ON WII"

Wow, Nintendo is kicking some major ass! I am also pretty surprised to see that the price-drop of the PSP brought it up to third place. Wow, very surprsing.

mclem

godhandiscen said:
If when I grow old the only kind of games available are games like Mario Party I will blast my brains with a shotgun.
That's okay. When Nintendo buy Microsoft they'll put Halo on the VC.

diddlyD

Banned
jj984jj said:
I don't know what kind of reaction to have seeing people glad PS3 is outselling the GBA so I'm just laughing. :lol

nobody on gaf actually plays games, so they're unconcerned with the ramifications of gba outselling ps3. its just pure schadenfreude.

TheKurgan

Great job Nintendo! I just wish they made games I was interested in. :)

The 360/PS3 are loosing momentum I feel a price cut coming early fall. (besides I want a blu-ray player for xmas)

Game-Biz

..pakbeka.. said:
wait wait, so 3rd parties don't sell.... ON THE PS3???
Shhh! Don't say that out loud in this forum. That statistic isn't logical to GAF. Only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo consoles.

tak

I don't want to live in a world where the wii wins, I want competition and companies fighting tooth and nail for my money. :(

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
World wide LTD estimates- (good data for everywhere except Europe)

360- 9.35M

Wii- 7.9M

PS3- 3.4M

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
It's pretty clear that the only company that will benefit from strong Wii hardware sales is Nintendo themselves. Much like the previous Nintendo platforms, third parties will be getting the shaft and will suffer from low software sales.

This is the reason why 360 will keep raking in the dough for not only Microsoft but third parties as well.

goomba

Banned
pilonv1 said:
This needs to be posted in every thread about "WHY ISNT THIS GAME ON WII"

Yeah and the month when Halo 3 releases you dont think the 360 3rd party percentage will PLUMMET?

godhandiscen said:
Please MS, drop the price. For the good of the games and genres I enjoy, do not let this happen. If when I grow old the only kind of games available are games like Mario Party I will blast my brains with a shotgun.

wow :lol :lol :lol

Dolphin said:

Laugh all you want too but on the Wii it's Nintendo who's making all the money. Third party games other than nintendo's first party stuff sells like crap.

No top third-party Wii games or PS3 games. Just 360 software.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
..pakbeka.. said:
wait wait, so 3rd parties don't sell.... ON THE PS3???

I noticed that and frankly I am shocked that this statement alone doesn't destroy this thread

Game-Biz said:
Shhh! Don't say that out loud in this forum. That statistic isn't logical to GAF. Only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo consoles.

Bingo, we say it all the time therefore it is the truth.

Grecco

Cerrius said:
It's pretty clear that the only company that will benefit from strong Wii hardware sales is Nintendo themselves. Much like the previous Nintendo platforms, third parties will be getting the shaft and will suffer from low software sales.

Not this again.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Cerrius said:

This is the reason why 360 will keep raking in the dough for not only Microsoft but third parties as well.

I guess you have to try something

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
tak said:
I don't want to live in a world where the wii wins, I want competition and companies fighting tooth and nail for my money. :(

Only if your statement worked on the 32 and 128 bit generation.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
snack said:
Wow, Nintendo is kicking some major ass! I am also pretty surprised to see that the price-drop of the PSP brought it up to third place. Wow, very surprsing.

People are surprised to see that a price drop raised the PSPs sales? Come on people.

Game-Biz

Cerrius said:

77549.jpg

Cerrius said:

Just like with the DS.

Cerrius said:

It's pretty clear that 3rd parties need to create better games that actually equal the standards set by Nintendo's own games, if they want us Nintendo fans to purchase them. :)

Cerrius said:

l_wk_0601212dq05.jpg

Gee ... now where have we heard this song and dance before? Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better though.

mclem

schuelma said:
World wide LTD estimates- (good data for everywhere except Europe)

360- 9.35M

Wii- 7.9M

PS3- 3.4M
Okay, so they're only estimates, and I seem to recall that MS have already said they've met the target under their terms, but even so...

That whole "First to 10M decides the console race" thing... starting to look not quite so clear-cut, is it?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Count Dookkake said:
Yes, the glass is half full.
Since the picture shows him drinking then it would be logical to conclude that the glass was previously full so it would be currently half empty. :)

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Seriously, who is buying all these Wii's? I don't know a single person who has bought one in 2007, seriously. Also, why are they buying them? Because they saw it on TV and didn't research it at all? The system has no games and won't have any until this Christmas at the earliest. Wii Sports was boring after a couple weeks and Zelda only lasts so long.

I don't think the Wii can sustain these kinds of numbers for too long.

Cerrius said:

Revelations said:
Laugh all you want too but on the Wii it's Nintendo who's making all the money. Third party games other than nintendo's first party stuff sells like crap.

No top third-party Wii games or PS3 games. Just 360 software.
drive-for-hope-logo.gif

i suggest everyone else who makes the same argument stay the **** away from E3 at all cost.

Top Bottom