• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Rise of Tomb Raider probably sold bad, but not being in top 10 is not what defines that.

Tomb Raider 2013 was one of the biggest games of that year, debuting at #2 in the US back in March 2013. Yes, not nearly as busy as November, but still a big month and a huge drop off the charts.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542856

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-26-tomb-raider-has-sold-3-4-million-copies-failed-to-hit-expectations

However, the game had insane legs.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tomb-raider-reboot-sells-8-5-million-copies-breaks/1100-6426433/

wtF4e4z.gif

/dead

Uh the gap will be contested until Sony puts in the finishing blow. Whcih for some reason they aren't doing.

This is assuming Zhuge's gap is correct which i guess we will find out from Sugarcream

But the gap isn't being contested, its just growing, and unless MS have a better DEC than Sony, most of next year will be Sony's gain again. It looks to me that the gap will continue to grow without too much trouble.

LeonSPBR

Damn!!

PS4 sold more than 1.5m on US alone!!!!

Could PS4 reach 2.5m sold this month WW???

Also Halo 5 behind NFS is hilarious, and no Tomb Raider shows that TB is in trouble.

Sony was smart, release their games Jan thru Sept. Let the 3rd parties have the Holidays. No pressure just get a good partner and bundle. So the "BEST" games don't mean shit to the people who want to buy them, they chose mulitplats.

Sony play this shit right.

I don't think that was intentional but I think Sony stumbled into a good strategy. Let the big boys fight it out during the holidays, then own the beginning part of the next year with your own stuff.

Elandyll

Banned
I posted it twice in two different threads, dishonesty isn't the best policy.

That's 1 too many frankly, both in November NPD related threads..
And starting to accuse members of being "dishonest" when they are simply stating the truth, I'd say -that- i probably not thebest "policy" for a junior.

Just a guess.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Yeah, Aaron Greenberg. He's the salt of the Earth. Except maybe more salty.

That entire article he was quoted in was him talking about trying to find a good time to release that game in a stacked holiday season. Counter programming is a thing. C'mon now.

Scores don't pay bills.
It's still coming out for PC and PS4. If they can't pay the bills until it comes out there, then they are in a lot of trouble.

All I can remember are the people saying Halo 5 would lead Microsoft to #1 spot in November in numerous NPD prediction threads. Guess that didn't pan out.

Ōkami;188756309 said:
November 2014 ~2.3m
December 2014 ~2.9m

More than those can mean many things, but if it's say, 3.1m and Zhuge is right then half of the 8th gen consoles sold in November were PS4s, more or less.
If that's the case, it really is a beast.

It is a beast.

Well I guess 3rd parties got the message.

To be fair he said this quite a bit before the last several months of the WW sales gap. Maybe it's a combo of both MS not getting as many invitations to grab TP and they themselves not going after them.

Not entirely sure if that's a good decision or not. One one side they will actually have games in the 1st half of 2016. On the other Side will they have TP incentives in the last half of 2016? I mean people don't buy consoles for exclusives.

ryan299

One day somebody is going to write a book on how 343 killed the Halo series. lol

Good that both consoles sold well. That's what we want.

nib95

Banned
But I thought the lack of a tent pole exclusive would lend to Sony losing this month badly?

Anyway, solid results all around. 1.5 million is just, what...

Top Bottom