• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

Ōkami

“November 2015 marked the best month ever in total unit sales when you combine Xbox One, PS4, and Wii U, surpassing sales of December 2014 and November 2014,”
November 2014 ~2.3m
December 2014 ~2.9m

More than those can mean many things, but if it's say, 3.1m and Zhuge is right then half of the 8th gen consoles sold in November were PS4s, more or less.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Sad Tomb Raider didn't chart. That is a fantastic game. Hopefully it'll get the sales it deserves when it releases on PC and PS4.

Didn't expect those replies when I opened the thread lol wow guess TR doing bad is good?
The console wars are still alive and well if that's what you're wondering.

Conduit

Banned
6rMaV3DYufVmqLbi3MRMFFc1E9L2V.jpg

TombRaiderGif.gif

26tP0mWe7BbyYEVYk.gif

wig

Holy shit at Sony's rumored hardware sales.

L O L at ROTR's rumored chart position. Everyone go and nominate it for the biggest fail of the year now.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
What was Nintendo's 3 million year? Was it 2008 or 2010? I can't remember.

Should be interesting to see if Sony can ever catch that.

Sony was smart, release their games Jan thru Sept. Let the 3rd parties have the Holidays. No pressure just get a good partner and bundle. So the "BEST" games don't mean shit to the people who want to buy them, they chose mulitplats.

Sony play this shit right.

Need for Speed outdid Halo, too - remember, it was only out for like 3 days in last month's. Microsoft's first party lineup is in major trouble.

Halo is fine... second month launching on one console in one of the biggest months for gaming....

Tomb raider on the other hand...

Percy

Banned
Pretty huge numbers for hardware if accurate. Not bad. Wonder how big the drop off come new year will be though.

Software wise, Halo holding on to the charts by it's fingertips it seems and Tomb Raider was a massive flop. Greatest lineup ever.

Shocked at NFS being that high (seriously, wtf?) and not too surprised to see Halo 5 charting. The game will have good legs.

Is no TR really surprising? I mean I understand it didn't sell well but were people expecting it to chart or something?

It was supposed to be a big deal for Xbox One, and NPD covers only its biggest market, so not seeing it chart at all is pretty bad, yes.

Sony was smart, release their games Jan thru Sept. Let the 3rd parties have the Holidays. No pressure just get a good partner and bundle. So the "BEST" games don't mean shit to the people who want to buy them, they chose mulitplats.

Especially because their main bundle was the Nathan Drake Collection, which will directly lead to more sales for Uncharted 4 in March.

Concept17

I think this will primarily be their strategy going forward, and part of the reason for the UC4 delay. (part)

Soo, are exclusives dead yet?

For bringing in sales it looks that way. I'm pretty sure exclusives are primarily fan service.

I haven't thought of that. Absolutely brilliant.

reKon

Banned
Amazing month for PS4.
They are dominating not only in hardware sales but also in software sales.
All the biggest games are selling more on PS4 (except for COD but that can be explained with bundled copies not included in the chart and COD historically being a strong Xbox franchise).
Tomb Raider is a total bomba.
Halo 5 outsold by a mediocre Need for Speed....ouch.
Fallout 4 was a wasted partnership for Microsoft, they could have done much more with that game but similarly to what happened with other RPGs like Dragon's Age and Witcher where they had the marketing deals the games ended up selling more on PS4.

Btw this holiday season is proving that people buy consoles to play the biggest multiplatform games on the console with the best value and that's pretty much it.

Chillout... Both console sold a lot and offer a strong value now with a good library of games. I think Xbox One did well for the position that it's currently in. When you start off behind, it's hard to catch up because people will tend to buy based on the combination of price and what their friends have. It's safe to see that Xbox One had the better value in terms of the insane bundles, but it didn't matter as they still lost in sales due to what I just mentioned.

Top Bottom