• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2014 [Up1: Smash/HW/MK8, Destiny stats, 3DS HW]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have you know that I'm competing right now for Phil Spencer's position. You all just might see me as the next head of Xbox at Microsoft.

Then GAF, too, will officially become part of the Age of One. You can only hold out for so long. I'm like a virus.

#IBelieveInVerendus

I'll have you know that I'm competing right now for Phil Spencer's position. You all just might see me as the next head of Xbox at Microsoft.

Then GAF, too, will officially become part of the Age of One. You can only hold out for so long. I'm like a virus.

man how do you keep coming up with these parodies

But GAF posters told me there's no way the September thread would give up a 33% advantage to March.

lmao

PS4 is unstoppable right now. Xbone might win November narrowly with CoD bundles + MCC, but it's clear who has the mind share this gen.

When all is said and done, the worldwide gap is going to be enormous - more than 2:1.

wmlk

SCEE: Let's go baby party time
SCEA: Exciting times
SCEJ/A: Please, no. No. Please. No.

This captures the overall Sony feeling for the holidays probably. SCEJ/A gonna be depressing this year. I can tell. Just damn.

Edit:

Oh, I was kidding. I thought you probably already had one.

If you've yet to buy a next generation console, then please support the Age of One.

SCEJA sucks in general.

Sez

A generation is a long time, and there a lot of variables to take into account. Namely Sonys financial issues and as they continue to lose money, it will be hard for them to continue to fund the PS division.

See above.

It costs money to make AAA games and marketing as well, so the more Sony lose, the less they have to spend etc.

The division is only worth 8% as I said, and tell that to Sonys shareholders lol.

wB36g00.png

mildewproduction

It's strange and maybe because I live in the Pacific Northwest and we see first hand how supporting Microsoft creates local jobs, but everyone i know has XboxOne or 360, except for one guy who got s PS4.

I wonder if XboxOne leads in Washington & Oregon.

Anion

From gaffer to xboss. The American xDream

Where do you think the PS division gets the funds for marketing and those AAA games they make? From Sony, so as Sony lose more and more money due to thier financial issues, it means they have less money to spend on Playstation.

PS makes up about 8% of Sony btw.

You'd have had a stronger argument if you'd said that PlaySation funds were being siphoned to pay for other Sony projects since PlayStation has an excess of funds. Btw it is generally considered bad form to underfund the parts of your business that are making money instead of cutting the parts of your business that are losing it.

RibMan

This isn't going to be an issue. Companies don't struggle to fund profitable divisions. They restructure/spinoff poorer performing divisions.

It's more likely that Microsoft will decide to spinoff the Xbox brand than Sony to give up on the Playstation due to the effects of their TV business.

Yep. I wonder how many people realize that in comparison to Windows and Office, the Xbox brand is a borderline joke in Microsoft's books. That's how much money Microsoft makes in all things non-Xbox. I don't think Nadella would lose sleep if Xbox was no longer a Microsoft brand.

Rymuth

Lemondish

ITT

• Wait Destiny sold more on Xbone?!?
  • Doesn't matter, Sony won't be around in 10 years
  • Game division only worth 8%
  • WHERE IS CREAM/AQUA

Grimsen

As someone waiting for quantum break ans state of decay to get a xbone, This is good news.

By next year, I'll probably be able to trade a sandwich and a coffee for a xbone and a blowjob in a dark alley.

Vestal

Gold Member
It's strange and maybe because I live in the Pacific Northwest and we see first hand how supporting Microsoft creates local jobs, but everyone i know has XboxOne or 360, except for one guy who got s PS4.

I wonder if XboxOne leads in Washington & Oregon.

I know what you mean.. At least in my office of the 10 that have Next gen systems in my immediate area 8 have Xbox Ones and 2 have PS4s(1 of the PS4s double dipped and mostly plays XOne now with the rest of us).

Maybe its an age thing? Most of us are 30 and up.

Usobuko

Banned
Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Cooking Mama 5: Bon Appetit!
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Natural Doctrine
Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

I'll imagine sub 10k for all these obscure JPN games?

Lemondish

As someone waiting for quantum break ans state of decay to get a xbone, This is good news.

By next year, I'll probably be able to trade a sandwich and a coffee for a xbone and a blowjob in a dark alley.

You should wait. I hear Pachter mention the lit alley is coming.

Hindle, you know those Sony fanboys who have extreme antipathy towards Microsoft and think they should get out of the business.

You're the other side of the same coin.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm really shocked at the software sales falling by that large of a number with so many big releases in September this year. I wonder what happened.

MRMagoo

Neo Member
I know what you mean.. At least in my office of the 10 that have Next gen systems in my immediate area 8 have Xbox Ones and 2 have PS4s(1 of the PS4s double dipped and mostly plays XOne now with the rest of us).

Maybe its an age thing? Most of us are 30 and up.

WOW so now its turned into "where I live no ones even heard of a ps4" and " I guess its just because the more mature gamer gets xbox one and kids get their parents to buy them PS4"

Yes the demise of a competitor is a good thing, Nintendo should go 3rd party next. Awesome, Sony is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom