• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2014 [Up1: Smash/HW/MK8, Destiny stats, 3DS HW]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mildewproduction

I know what you mean.. At least in my office of the 10 that have Next gen systems in my immediate area 8 have Xbox Ones and 2 have PS4s(1 of the PS4s double dipped and mostly plays XOne now with the rest of us).

Maybe its an age thing? Most of us are 30 and up.

Yeah, I'm 37 and my gaming friends are 30+ as well. Maybe it's a generation thing, although our kids are all playing Xbox as well.

GameSeeker

I'm really shocked at the software sales falling by that large of a number with so many big releases in September this year. I wonder what happened.

Software is down Y/Y due to GTA V doing massive numbers last year. Take out GTA V from last year and Destiny from this year and software sales are up.

SCEJA sucks in general.

Nah they were just late to the party along with japanese developers.

They will catch up by late 2015.

DQ : Heroes and FFXV will hit holiday 2015 in Japan im guessing.

Then The Last Guardian will arrive along with FFVII remake and Dark Cloud 3 announcement for 2016. All will be right in the world again.

The division is only worth 8% as I said, and tell that to Sonys shareholders lol.

Wait??? What?!?

Ok giving the bizzaro world you are deriving your economic theories from that would only mean that PlayStation would require a very small part of the total company's revenue to fund. So it'd hardly be a burden. Of course that doesn't matter in the least bit because PlayStation is running a profit so it can fund itself.

Hindle

Banned
Hindle, you know those Sony fanboys who have extreme antipathy towards Microsoft and think they should get out of the business.

You're the other side of the same coin.

I don't have any antipathy towards Sony lol, I replied to LN when he said my post was odd. It's not my fault people don't like what I say.

Sonys next fiscal period is due in two months, I suggest you read it.

Shengar

Software YoY is down? But how? What's the big release last year?
Well if its GTA V, that should makes sense then.

EDIT: yep it was GTA V

Best September NPD's ever (historical data courtesy of Aqua):

Wii - 687K (September 2008)
PS4 - in the realm of 550K (September 2014)
PS2 - 532K (September 2002)
EDIT: 360 - 528K (September 2007)
PS3 - 492K (September 2009)

Conclusion: Time to get out of gaming, Sony.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Where do you think the PS division gets the funds for marketing and those AAA games they make? From Sony, so as Sony lose more and more money due to thier financial issues, it means they have less money to spend on Playstation.

What? You mean to tell me Sony is funding Playstation? How did you get this sensitive information?

Vestal

Gold Member
WOW so now its turned into "where I live no ones even heard of a ps4" and " I guess its just because the more mature gamer gets xbox one and kids get their parents to buy them PS4"

Wow.

Holy shit, I mean seriously. A simple response to another persons post expressing personal experiences relating to a topic gets turned into " OMG WTF NOW ITS BECAUSE KIDDIES GET MOMMY AND DADDY TO BUY PS4!!!"

HORRORSHØW

WOW so now its turned into "where I live no ones even heard of a ps4" and " I guess its just because the more mature gamer gets xbox one and kids get their parents to buy them PS4"

lol the justifications some people come up with as to why their preferred console is struggling is fucking hilarious.

KoopaTheCasual

Do we have any estimates for XB1 figures? Pretty crazy estimates for PS4 figures, tho. It was expected to do monsterously well, but damn 550k?....

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Hryrule Warriors at 190k wut? That's really good, I thought it would of had a debut similar to Pikmin 3. Pleasantly surprised - The limited editions must of been a contributing factor.....

On a side note, what does that give for Wii U HW sales approximately?

MavFan619

Banned
It's strange and maybe because I live in the Pacific Northwest and we see first hand how supporting Microsoft creates local jobs, but everyone i know has XboxOne or 360, except for one guy who got s PS4.

I wonder if XboxOne leads in Washington & Oregon.
If they do they should have added that to their PR for the month.

Usobuko

Banned
Hryrule Warriors at 190k wut? That's really good, I thought it would of had a debut similar to Pikmin 3. Pleasantly surprised - The limited editions must of been a contributing factor.....

On a side note, what does that give for Wii U HW sales approximately?

Around 90k, up 50% last month.

Yes the demise of a competitor is a good thing, Nintendo should go 3rd party next. Awesome, Sony is the best.

I think "demise of a competitor" is a bit of an exaggeration. Yes, Microsoft is off to a poor start this generation, but it's not as though the Xbox One is dead and all development for it is coming to an end. Sony went through some dark times in the first few years of last generation and still came out of it as a strong competitor--a testament to their current success. Microsoft has made mistakes and they have suffered some noticeable setbacks as a result, but let's give them some time. The PS3 did a lot to turn things around as the generation progressed--it's perfectly reasonable for the XB1 to chart a similar course.

This is coming from a Sony only gamer, take it for what you will.

siah

Banned
I gotta give it up to Sony and their fans. A weaker online offering, A botched game release(Driveclub) and people still buy it like crazy.

It also goes to show how fucking terrible MS did out of the gate.

teiresias

Geez, between the post on the first page and this latest "buying Xbox One supports local jobs, buy AMERICAN!!" what the hell is going on in here?

kswiston

Best September NPD's ever (historical data courtesy of Aqua):

Wii - 687K (September 2008)
PS4 - in the realm of 550K (September 2014)
PS2 - 532K (September 2002)
PS3 - 492K (September 2009)

Conclusion: Time to get out of gaming, Sony.

What was 360 in Halo 3 month?

550k(ish) is pretty impressive on the back of a new colour bundle featuring a game on 3 other systems. I'm pretty sure PS2 and PS3 were price drop months (and a rebranding in PS3's case).

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
It's strange and maybe because I live in the Pacific Northwest and we see first hand how supporting Microsoft creates local jobs, but everyone i know has XboxOne or 360, except for one guy who got s PS4.

I wonder if XboxOne leads in Washington & Oregon.

Hahaha, what the hell? Does everyone in WA and OR also have a Windows phone?

Curufinwe

Yeah, I'm 37 and my gaming friends are 30+ as well. Maybe it's a generation thing, although our kids are all playing Xbox as well.

It's not an age thing. Xbox owners are the minority in this new gen by about a million consoles. You guys are just having trouble adjusting to the new reality.

Grimsen

You should wait. I hear Pachter mention the lit alley is coming.

A lit alley kinda loses its charm.

Yes the demise of a competitor is a good thing, Nintendo should go 3rd party next. Awesome, Sony is the best.

Don't cry in this thread, Crazed. It shows weakness.
ee0V4c7.gif

hawk2025

I know what you mean.. At least in my office of the 10 that have Next gen systems in my immediate area 8 have Xbox Ones and 2 have PS4s(1 of the PS4s double dipped and mostly plays XOne now with the rest of us).

Maybe its an age thing? Most of us are 30 and up.
Or maybe we just shouldn't try to draw inference from a non-representative sample size of *10*?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom