• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD: Switch is the top selling hardware in the US this year so far, Nintendo top publisher; neither shows signs of changing anytime soon

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Flat out the Switch is the single worst platform to own standalone, you've got Nintendo games and that's just about it. Nintendo has diversity of their own but the cost is too high, they've relegated themselves to side-system status because you miss too much from everyone else for it to be a lone viability.
First of all, who said anything about standalone? Do you get rid of all your old consoles? Do you only play on one platform? PS4 and Xbox are pretty terrible as standalones too, in my opinion.

Second of all, the Switch already has one of Nintendo's biggest system libraries in company history. I believe that Switch surpassed the 3DS's 7-year library before it hit 2 years old. If I'm mistaken, then I'm sure it's pretty close. Tons of games across every imaginable genre.

Now, I suppose this is the part where those games are dismissed as "indie crap" or "shovelware". I will simply point to the DS and the Wii -- both of which suffered that same reputation -- and laugh at your ignorance. A game platform's primary aim is to deliver games to the audience and to not get in the way. You can ignore 95% of the Switch's library and still have dozens of games to play. The Switch isn't shy about what it aims to provide -- a decent TV and portable experience contained in the same form-factor -- yet AAA devs are welcome to leave money on the table like they always do.

It is the inflexibility of these monolithic AAA devs that is to blame for the current situation. Porting across stronger/weaker hardware has always been a part of the game industry. You know who hates that? AAA devs. Decades ago, EA refused to put games on the NES until the board forced them to for the sake of profits. They demand hardware uniformity because it is cheaper for them.

If AAA devs can make smartphone games, then they can stoop to make Switch games. The end.

The blind worship of AAA is stupid. Some AAA publishers truly deserve their accolades, but a lot of them just happen to have the budget due to past successes.

And some AAA publishers are putting their stuff on Switch anyway (like Bethesda) and laughing as the money rolls in.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Why not have the ability to do both?

i have a PC that can run CEMU. the multi plats usually come out on PC, which is why i went with Switch over PS/Xbox, Nintendo exclusives stay exclusive. Red Dead might show up on PC but Mario or Zelda never will.

graphics are not really a concern for me cos i have a PC, i can play mutli plats at better quality than those consoles. but i'm not going around saying "nobody should buy a PS4 they should get a PC because of the better performance". this is like arguing with your neighbor that you have a nicer car than them and they should have bought the same car you have.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
People do care, almost everyone cares if they're being honest. Only someone lying to themselves would claim to be fine when they could be given a substantially better experience in the same game elsewhere. They'll still buy whatever jank hardware Nintendo sells them though because that's how you can play their games.

You guys defend junk hardware because Nintendo, because of gimmicks, and no one is attacking their games, they're excellent but the way in which they're hamstrung to such underwhelming computational garbage is a problem. One which mind you is forming a contnually growing gap with the rest of the industry, it started out as one generation behind, with the mid-generation systems it's basically two, and with PS5 and Scarlett coming it will effectually be three.

The Switch while cool in concept was also a mistake, Nintendo can never release a traditional home console again which means they will perpetually be stuck generations behind. A system getting like >5% of AAA/AA game releases from 3rd parties is a system which does not need to exist, indies which are basically available everywhere else and Nintendo's games are the only driving force of their platform.

Like I said you're hamstrung because of their games, the software, software which would be infinitely better served outside of the half-baked platforms they choose to create now.
e-fox-grapes-nw.jpg

The gamer who longed for Nintendo games, beholds with pain
The tempting Switch exclusives were too high to gain;
Grieved in his heart he forced a careless smile,
And cried, ‘They’re low poly and hardly worth my while.

Or just own all the systems like I do.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackTron

Flat out the Switch is the single worst platform to own standalone, you've got Nintendo games and that's just about it. Nintendo has diversity of their own but the cost is too high, they've relegated themselves to side-system status because you miss too much from everyone else for it to be a lone viability.

Worst platform for you maybe. If you're traveling a lot, or have a long daily commute on a bus or a train or whatever, then Switch is single best platform.

Different systems with different options tailored to the tastes of different people, you just have this misplaced idea that everybody should buy their stuff based on your needs instead of their own.

Switch is perfect for certain types of games. It's horrible for others. I personally demand a mouse/keyboard for FPS games, so I only play Doom chained to my desk. Other people might not have the option to be chained to a desk, don't mind a controller, and already have a Switch without spending $800 on a gaming PC. I'm not calling those people who bought it on Switch idiots because it didn't cater to my tastes.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
All Nintendo needs to do is keep being weird, and keep making games in genres that are non-existent or long forgotten on all the other platforms (eg,, Luigi's Mansion). That's it. Being technically on-par with the other systems isn't even remotely relevant to their present or future sales. It just doesn't matter.

First of all, who said anything about standalone? Do you get rid of all your old consoles? Do you only play on one platform? PS4 and Xbox are pretty terrible as standalones too, in my opinion.

Second of all, the Switch already has one of Nintendo's biggest system libraries in company history. I believe that Switch surpassed the 3DS's 7-year library before it hit 2 years old. If I'm mistaken, then I'm sure it's pretty close. Tons of games across every imaginable genre.

Now, I suppose this is the part where those games are dismissed as "indie crap" or "shovelware". I will simply point to the DS and the Wii -- both of which suffered that same reputation -- and laugh at your ignorance. A game platform's primary aim is to deliver games to the audience and to not get in the way. You can ignore 95% of the Switch's library and still have dozens of games to play. The Switch isn't shy about what it aims to provide -- a decent TV and portable experience contained in the same form-factor -- yet AAA devs are welcome to leave money on the table like they always do.

It is the inflexibility of these monolithic AAA devs that is to blame for the current situation. Porting across stronger/weaker hardware has always been a part of the game industry. You know who hates that? AAA devs. Decades ago, EA refused to put games on the NES until the board forced them to for the sake of profits. They demand hardware uniformity because it is cheaper for them.

If AAA devs can make smartphone games, then they can stoop to make Switch games. The end.

The blind worship of AAA is stupid. Some AAA publishers truly deserve their accolades, but a lot of them just happen to have the budget due to past successes.

And some AAA publishers are putting their stuff on Switch anyway (like Bethesda) and laughing as the money rolls in.
I'm sorry but give me a break, I'm not a spring chicken, bud.

90% of the Switch's library is shovelware like 90% of the Wii's library is shovelware, it's a porting platform for iOS and Android junk like the Wii before it which preceeded the smartphone market and was a dumping ground for those kind of games. Coincidentally they're succeeding to roughly the same degree which says A LOT about the kind of people buying them enmasse. It's the Wii soccer mom and elderly thing all over again.

AAA/AA developers are not monolithic and refusing to do it because they can't, it's because it's a cataclysmic waste of time, money and energy trying to get modern games and engines to run on a decade old computational platform not to mention people sparesely purchase their games on Nintendo's platforms because why in the hell would they? Why would you choose to play this grossly inferior version of the game when it's dramatically better served on PlayStation, Xbox and PC? And that's exactly what happens, the Switch is side-pieced and they buy those games on these other platforms.

Last edited:

Barnabot

Who else is competing with Nintendo with a hybrid console? I wouldn't buy the Switch if it hadn't the hybrid aspect of that. Otherwsie I'd stick to a console instead. Or a PC. Maybe even a Vita.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

90% of the Switch's library is shovelware like 90% of the Wii's library is shovelware, it's a porting platform for iOS and Android junk like the Wii before it which preceeded the smartphone market and was a dumping ground for those kind of games. Coincidentally they're succeeding to roughly the same degree which says A LOT about the kind of people buying them enmasse. It's the Wii soccer mom and elderly thing all over again.

AAA/AA developers are not monolithic and refusing to do it because they can't, it's because it's a cataclysmic waste of time, money and energy trying to get modern games and engines to run on a decade old computational platform not to mention people sparesely purchase their games on Nintendo's platforms because why in the hell would they? Why would you choose to play this grossly inferior version of the game when it's dramatically better served on PlayStation, Xbox and PC? And that's exactly what happens, the Switch is side-pieced and they buy those games on these other platforms.
As others have mentioned, there is a diversity of target markets out there.

Why play an inferior version of DOOM on Playstation or Xbox at all? Heck, if you're running it on anything less than twin GPUs and 40 GB of memory, get out of here, scrub!

The argument for "why would you play the inferior version" has been answered countless times since the very beginning of gaming: because it is better to play a decent version than to not play at all.

Lowering barriers to entry is a good thing.

Last edited:

LordRaptor

2VzmC.gif

As others have mentioned, there is a diversity of target markets out there.

Why play an inferior version of DOOM on Playstation or Xbox at all? Heck, if you're running it on anything less than twin GPUs and 40 GB of memory, get out of here, scrub!

The argument for "why would you play the inferior version" has been answered countless times since the very beginning of gaming: because it is better to play a decent version than to not play at all.

Lowering barriers to entry is a good thing.
You can play these dramatically superior versions of these games for as much or less than the cost of the Switch, and you also get access to a dramatically larger library of AAA/AA games.

PlayStation 4's are regularly available on sale for $249.99, Xbox One's are regularly on sales for $229.99.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I can see signs of this changing, and dramatically so in November of 2020.

Definitely. Nintendo is killing it this year as it’s mid-generation for them while the other two are winding down toward next gen and saving unannounced heavy hitters for helping sell those systems.

Loving my Switch this year though. It will definitely be my most played console the rest of this year after getting little use last year or the first part of this year other than Smash.

Mattyp

Gold Member
It’s not going to catch or pass the PS4. Nintendo systems always fizzle out after about 3-4 years, like the Wii did.

It's next gen but, the Wii U was the competitor of the One and PS4.

I still can't believe so many people are buying these things in the U.S they barely move here and don't know a single person outside myself which is still sitting on original firmware with an inch of dust after a few hours of use. To people in the know can I easily emulate Blue & Red on this thing now?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
You can play these dramatically superior versions of these games for as much or less than the cost of the Switch,
No you can't. Your logic is absurd: if you want to push for the superior version, then you might as well go full 120 fps, 4k, with an expensive panel.

Else, why are you playing the "dramatically inferior" versions, you filthy casual?

The only problem here is that you have chosen an arbitrary cut-off point -- the Nintendo Switch -- and are using it as a plumb line for the whole game industry. One might just as easily set the arbitrary cut-off point lower -- by excluding iPhone games -- or set it higher -- by excluding all console games -- or setting it even higher -- by excluding any games that do not have a 120 fps, 4k option.

It is just as arbitrary, no matter where you set it. Meanwhile, tens of millions of customers will be gleefully enjoying these games and will never once worry about the "concern" you have raised.

and you also get access to a dramatically larger library of AAA/AA games.
Who cares? What if all of these games are terrible?

PlayStation 4's are regularly available on sale for $249.99, Xbox One's are regularly on sales for $229.99.
Yes, and it's great that people can jump into traditional AAA gaming at such a low price.

That doesn't suddenly erase the Switch's library, though. It's a product that serves its audience and people are happily purchasing it.

PC gamers are the only gamers so emotionally invested in hardware that they actually writhe and type out long paragraphs explaining to the peasants why they are making such a huge mistake. It's a form of projection, rooted in ePeen insecurity.

zenspider

I haven't bought a PS4 game since Detroit: Become Human* came out, and I fucked with Horizon for a couple weeks in December waiting for Smash.

My Switch can carry. You just gotta have good taste;)

Nintendo is a PS5 or new Xbox away from being absolutely irrelevant for the next 6 years. They simply don't have the third-party support to have sustainable sales when the new consoles come out.

iconmaster

Banned
Nintendo is a PS5 or new Xbox away from being absolutely irrelevant for the next 6 years. They simply don't have the third-party support to have sustainable sales when the new consoles come out.

People have been saying this for years, and Nintendo just keeps on trucking. Besides, 3rd party support for Nintendo is better than it’s been since GameCube.

You don’t have to like Nintendo or its products. But why are those who don’t so unable to perceive its success?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Nah. The DS/3DS/Wii all sold great along side strong offerings from Sony/MS. The Wii U was just a bad design, with a terrible name and marketing.

Nintendo isn't really directly competing with Sony and MS. Hell, MS is even realizing they can't really compete with Sony in console sales--see Spencer's statement about consoles sold not being the main metric and their efforts to get all their games on PC too and all their services on as many platforms as possible.

This is all about companies finding their market and how to maximize profits on it. Nintendo will continue to sell well as they offer things the others don't--portability, Nintendo games that are very different that most games in the AA/AAA space, far more kid/family friendly games and so on. They may not be positioned to be a great single platform for core gamers outside of their fanbase. But they have the dedicated portable gaming market to themselves, are the go to for families wanting kid friendly games for their younger children, and being so different they make a great complementary platform for core gamers. I could never get by with only Nintendo, but I'd never not have a Nintendo platform to go along with my Playstation and gaming PC (which also covers Xbox of course) as I love their games and love having portability as an option to squeeze in more gaming time. I couldn't care less about third party support as I'll play those games on PS4 or PC anyway. Nintendo is an exclusives box plus pixel graphics indie/retro games in portable mode box (as I hate those blown up on a big HDTV) for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
People have been saying this for years, and Nintendo just keeps on trucking. Besides, 3rd party support for Nintendo is better than it’s been since GameCube.

You don’t have to like Nintendo or its products. But why are those who don’t so unable to perceive its success?
"indie" level 3rd party support, AAA and AA? No, not even close.

mcjmetroid

A few months later? 7 months later is considered a drought everywhere else. Also you're completely shirking my point.

The games which kept the Switch's momentum up were Wii U ports, it's poetic irony.
Your point is pedantic. If good games didn't sell the Switch what did?

Certainly not the high quality graphics or it's vast multi media features it poses.

Your point is pedantic. If good games didn't sell the Switch what did?

Certainly not the high quality graphics or it's vast multi media features it poses.
My point is accurate, Switch became the fastest selling console in US history with a bunch of Wii U games. That alone tells you all you need to know, it's never been about the games, never.

People just bandwagon on whatever hardware is popular or positively viewed.

iconmaster

Banned
"indie" level 3rd party support, AAA and AA? No, not even close.

Close to what? I’m talking about the Wii and Wii U years. That doesn’t seem controversial.
My point is accurate, Switch became the fastest selling console in US history with a bunch of Wii U games. That alone tells you all you need to know, it's never been about the games, never.
You’re contradicting yourself in your haste to criticize Nintendo. It’s “never been about the games” yet the Switch has “a bunch of Wii U games.” Perhaps it is about the games and those Wii U games were pretty good.

If you want to harp on the Wii U, you need to realize that Nintendo themselves admitted to struggling with the transition to an HD console. That transition slowed their output considerably. The Wii U, among its many other disadvantages, was thus also saddled with weaker software support.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
With so many PS4s & XB1s already out there meaning no doubt anyone who wanted one now already has one and with next gen talk on the horizon, it's not very surprising anything but the way newer Switch is slowing down. You can't sell something for over 5 years then be surprised it's losing momentum to a 2 year old system.
The Switch is also the only handheld option on the market unless you want to buy old gen. In that regard it's pretty much running unopposed in a race Nintendo has always dominated in and is THEE household name in.

I'm not saying the Switch isn't doing well but these comparisons to the PS4 & XB1 are just silly. I highly doubt either Sony nor MS care about the Switch because they know they aren't competing for the same market and I bet when the next gen rolls round the home console share of the cake the Switch is seeing now will take a massive hit leaving mostly only the people buying it as a handheld.

Close to what? I’m talking about the Wii and Wii U years. That doesn’t seem controversial.

You’re contradicting yourself in your haste to criticize Nintendo. It’s “never been about the games” yet the Switch has “a bunch of Wii U games.” Perhaps it is about the games and those Wii U games were pretty good.
The Wii U had fine 3rd party AAA support until Nintendo abandoned ship and they realized it wasn't selling. It had Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed for crying out loud, Mass Effect...

I'm not contradicting myself, those same games that wouldn't move Wii U's are suddenly moving Switch's? Uh no, people only cared about the reception of the hardware/platform, not the games. If the games were all that mattered the ones which released for Wii U would have moved it in droves.

None of these people give two shits about the games, it's a ruse. They care about power plays and positioning.

People just bandwagon on whatever hardware is popular or positively viewed.
Wow, I didn't realize that Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Smash Ultimate, and Splatoon 2 were Wii U games!

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Switch seems to have become an extremely popular console to own among the PC users in my circles. They use their PCs for when they want high-end graphics, and have the Switch when they want to play something handheld, or lazily keep something connected to the TV. Can't say I disagree with them. I've had a PC and Nintendo handheld combo since the DS and see no reason to turn back. While I generally don't care about AAA console releases, when one comes along that I am interested, it inevitably comes to PC somewhere down the line. Meanwhile, Sony hasn't made a first party game I give a damn about since the PS2 days, and Microsoft has been porting their Xbox games to PC (not that they've interested me).

By comparison, Nintendo's first party games still catch my attention, and the fact that everything on their system can be played at home or abroad is very appealing. When I want something pretty, I'll just play it on PC, not to mention the games that are PC only like most strategy games worth their salt, simulations, and MMOs. For my friends and I, PC + Switch is the only 1-2 punch that makes sense to us. We don't see enough reason to bother with a PlayStation or Xbox, and what little they may put out that might get our attention is vastly overshadowed by the other two platforms.

Wow, I didn't realize that Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Smash Ultimate, and Splatoon 2 were Wii U games!
Mario came out 7 months after release, Xenoblade 9 months, Smash 20 months, and Splatoon 2 was largely just a DLC pack for the first game. You're also not making a compelling point because Wii U had Super Mario 3D World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, AND Splatoon..

Nintendo's top selling games on Switch:

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Pokémon: Let's Go
  • Splatoon 2
  • Super Mario Party
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  • 1-2-Switch
  • Mario Tennis Aces
Nintendo's top selling games on Wii U:

• Mario Kart 8
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  • Nintendo Land
  • Splatoon
  • Super Mario Maker
  • New Super Mario + Luigi U
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
  • Mario Party 10
As an addition Wii U also had Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, a tennis game which is again a top seller for Switch, and it had Breath of the Wild a top seller for Switch... If you want to dig deeper the Wii U also had Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze which is popular on Switch, Yoshi's Whooly World while Switch has Yoshi's Crafted World, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse while Switch has Kirby Star Allies, Super Mario Maker and Switch is about to have Super Mario Maker 2, AND Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker.

The same top selling games.

• A Mario Kart game
  • A 3D Mario game
  • A Smash game
  • A New Super Mario game
  • A Splatoon game
  • A Zelda game
  • A Mario Party game
  • A Nintendo party game (Nintendo Land / 1-2 Switch)

It's so laughably easy to point out how full of shit people are, IT WAS NEVER ABOUT THE GAMES. You can't even lie about this, it's dead center, in your face, the most egregiously obvious thing there is in existence. It's a popularity contest, Wii U wasn't popular so people didn't buy it, Switch is so people do. The games are largely the same, the output is largely the same, there's very little divergence in software and yet one is one of the worst selling consoles in history and the other is one of the best.

Quit lying to yourselves.

Last edited:
Mario came out 7 months after release, Xenoblade 9 months, Smash 20 months, and Splatoon 2 was largely just a DLC pack for the first game. You're also not making a compelling point because Wii U had Super Mario 3D World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, AND Splatoon..

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Splatoon 2
  • Super Mario Party
  • 1-2-Switch
  • Mario Tennis Aces

• Mario Kart 8
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Nintendo Land
  • Splatoon
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Mario Party 10
As an addition Wii U also had Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, a tennis game which is again a top seller for Switch, and it had Breath of the Wild a top seller for Switch...

• A Mario Kart game
  • A 3D Mario game
  • A Smash game
  • A New Super Mario game
  • A Splatoon game
  • A Zelda game
  • A Mario Party game

It's so laughably easy to point out how full of shit people are, IT WAS NEVER ABOUT THE GAMES. You can't even lie about this, it's dead center, in your face, the most egregiously obvious thing there is in existence. It's a popularity contest, Wii U wasn't popular so people didn't buy it, Switch is so people do.
But are Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Smash Ultimate, and Splatoon 2 actually Wii U games? Are Fire Emblem Warriors and Arms also Wii U games?

Last edited:
But are Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Smash Ultimate, and Splatoon 2 actually Wii U games? Are Fire Emblem Warriors and Arms also Wii U games?
Be quiet son, you got so out of this Earth destroyed there's nothing left to say.

You guys lie to yourselves, you lie to the community, you lie to everyone. The Nintendo "it's all about the games" lie has reached its apex.

Be quiet son, you got so out of this Earth destroyed there's nothing left to say.

You guys lie to yourselves, you lie to the community, you lie to everyone. The Nintendo "it's all about the games" lie has reached its apex.
Your thesis is that Switch is just a bunch of Wii U games. Is that true?

So were the games I listed also available on the Wii U?
Keep helping me make my point.

Switch (One of the fastest selling consoles in history)

• Super Mario Odyssey
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Splatoon 2

Wii U (One of the worst selling consoles in history)

• Super Mario 3D World
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Splatoon

Keep helping me make my point.

Switch (One of the fastest selling consoles in history)

• Super Mario Odyssey
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Splatoon 2

Wii U (One of the worst selling consoles in history)

• Super Mario 3D World
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Splatoon
That doesn't answer my question. Can I play a game like Mario Odyssey on the Wii U?

Animagic

Banned
Oh no I mistakenly bought a Switch and now I can’t play call of duty or assassins creed 27. How will I buy passes and season passes and cosmetic loot boxes? I’m a sub par gamer.

But those games have the best world textures, post rendering effects and super hot graphics. :(

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well deserved and this there is going crazy amount of quality games coming for Switch.

I'm ready!!!

Last edited:

Animagic

Banned
I have an Xbox and a Switch. I prefer playing games on the switch even though they look better on the Xbox. Honestly, I mostly use the Xbox to try out games on game pass and watch Netflix these days.

Hybrid was a good choice. I don’t really want to go back to not having the flexibility, and mobile tech is only going to get better in the future.

That's not how you apply the term 'scapegoat'. Anyways, it's just a simple question. Not sure why you're so defensive. Can I play a game like Mario Odyssey on the Wii U? Yes or no? If anyone else wants to help poor DynamiteCop! DynamiteCop! out, feel free!
I don't understand how you can sit there with a straight face in light of this. I mean I do know (it's delusion) but it's still quite shocking.

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Splatoon 2
  • Super Mario Party
  • 1-2-Switch
  • Mario Tennis Aces

• Mario Kart 8
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Nintendo Land
  • Splatoon
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Mario Party 10
As an addition Wii U also had Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, a tennis game which is again a top seller for Switch, and it had Breath of the Wild a top seller for Switch... If you want to dig deeper the Wii U also had Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze which is popular on Switch, Yoshi's Whooly World while Switch has Yoshi's Crafted World, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse while Switch has Kirby Star Allies, Super Mario Maker and Switch is about to have Super Mario Maker 2, AND Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker.

• A Mario Kart game
  • A 3D Mario game
  • A Smash game
  • A New Super Mario game
  • A Splatoon game
  • A Zelda game
  • A Mario Party game

It's so laughably easy to point out how full of shit people are, IT WAS NEVER ABOUT THE GAMES. You can't even lie about this, it's dead center, in your face, the most egregiously obvious thing there is in existence. It's a popularity contest, Wii U wasn't popular so people didn't buy it, Switch is so people do. The games are largely the same, the output is largely the same, there's very little divergence in software and yet one is one of the worst selling consoles in history and the other is one of the best.

Quit lying to yourselves.

Last edited:

mejin

2019 was always on the bag for Switch since it runs outside the gen. The big question was if it would take 2018 too, but it failed in worldwide numbers.

Top Bottom