• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peltz

Even though I have no way of disproving that very real looking controller, everything in my gut is telling me.... that thing isn't real.

I KNOW Nintendo, and that ain't Nintendo.

I'm on Team Fake. Can someone edit my avatar?

Dmax3901

8lR41kk.gif

Oh man, laughing so hard at work.

Kamek

People don't seem to realize that the person revealing the second "price leaks" and info about the console itself, is different from the person who leaked the pictures in the first place.

Reddit --> Gaf --> Kotaku --. Gaf

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Even though I have no way of disproving that very real looking controller, everything in my gut is telling me.... that thing isn't real.

Iwata isn't the head of Nintendo anymore.

GC --> Wii was radically different

HF2014

I kinda like it... Always wanted a tablet with button incorporated, if shoulders are confortable, hey why not.

But it look so small....

Azoo

Neo Member
Plus we've seen a device actually running.

Which was a screenshot of an UE4 demo, that just so happened to not only be at the exact same angle, but a strange crop of a screenshot of it found online. If it was running the same demo you'd imagine the screen would be showing everything from that screenshot in the center with extra FOV on the sides, not to mention how the angle of the shot should be tilted. Seems like an obvious fake.

And considering that only a week later we see something that looks identical in every way except colors, I think that's kind of telling.

DNAbro

Did you know Nintendo when the Wii U was happening?

KingV

Outside of ZombiU i cant think of any

although New Super Mario WiiU had this dumb thing where 2 players or more required one to use the gamepad

Actually NSMBU has two multiplayer modes. 1 requires the pad, and basically lets you like platforms and maybe collect coins on the touchscreen and maybe tap bad guys to stun them, but you don't actually control a character.

The other mode requires you to NOT use the gamepad and is basically just regular old co op.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Kimishima himself said that the NX will be following Iwata's vision for it. If you think Iwata had no influence on this system, you're mistaken.

I didn't say that

Also Tabata said FF15 would follow Nomura's vision - doesn't mean it's going to be exactly as he intended

Dmax3901

Is the dev known by trees analysis? That would be hilarious. Imagine. A studio to be shut down after the obvious lawsuit they will lose due to the yakuza nda surrounding nx just because of a tree reflex

Check out reddit, Swedish keyboard + uncanny tree similarities.

I think a lot of people are just grasping and hoping that its fake.

Where there is smoke...

Even Kotaku ran the article recently that Nintendo is leaking like crazy and we have others in the gaming industry coming out and commenting on it, Team Fake is still going strong.

Azoo

Neo Member
How do you think it was projected then? Because it's not photo shopped.

Because of that image-check Kotaku or whoever did on the image? The Rayman in Smash thing also passed that test.

That there are two launch colors? Surprising!

You better come at #TEAMREAL with more than that breh

I revised my post to make more sense, but going by that I'm pretty sure you didn't read it anyway. :v

I've only realized on GAF that many didn't grasp how to use the three pronged N64 pad lol

I just assume such people never actually played on an n64 which at first makes no sense because everybody did back then, even if they owned a playstation they still will have played on a friends, then I realise I'm old and the n64 gen was 20 years ago and GAF accidentally set it's minimum age as 13 instead of 30 like it should be

Neoxon

Looking pretty legit to me.

Which sucks. No face buttons. Hope they can catch lightning in a bottle like they did with the Wii, because otherwise this feels like 'Wii U part 2, this time with no 3ds to bail your ass out'
They'll have the next handheld. If it's under the NX Platform or not remains to be seen. Plus there's mobile & Amiibo.

MogCakes

Rest easy Peltz, because more signs than not point to it being a mockup of a patent.

The reactions in this thread are priceless.

If nobody ever did anything crazy or unexpected when it came to controllers, we'd have never moved on from joysticks. I can't imagine that competitive Smash players will be all too happy about this, but I'm sure it works just fine.

Seeing it in black reminds me of one of those "Revolution" controller mockups back in late 2005 / early 2006 that was basically a black SNES controller shaped blob with haptic, light-up blue buttons. It would have been impossibly expensive at the time, of course, but it's interesting that Nintendo could have gone there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom