• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I feel like we need to put together a compilation of notable NX threads to take us down memory lane.

Manoko

Here comes the early attacks and meltdowns already

Well we know nothing just yet, so I'll refrain from being overly negative.

But a console less powerful than XBO and PS4 just for the sake of taking it on the go with you will require inferior versions for multiplatforms, and we very well know how that usually go (look at Wii, extremely popular console, but vastly inferior in hardware than the X360 and PS3).

Thraktor

Here's my prediction: the video is going to start by showing someone playing Zelda on a couch, home console style, then getting a text and having to go out. As their big surprise (for everyone who hasn't been following things as closely as us) he's going to just pick up the console and keep playing Zelda on the go. Nintendo want to frame this as a home console that you can take on the go, rather than a portable you can dock (as the former implies much more powerful hardware and is more likely to appeal to PS4/XBO gamers), hence the "next home gaming system" wording, and the video initially implying that it's a straightforward home console.

Think the Surface Book reveal: show it off as a laptop, but then remove the keyboard as the surprise and you get people thinking of it as a laptop first and foremost, rather than a tablet with an attachable keyboard.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
037b32c286372e395a8d2533f1328156-d686jbf.jpg

Aswell

Why did I wake up in the middle of the night, browsed GAF and saw this?? Can't sleep with all this hype now ._.

F...ing finally, the time has come to know the truth!

Manoko

"Hey, if we do this, we can consolidate our first-party software output and not have to worry about software droughts."

Nintendo has become so attached to gimmicks lately.
Handheld you can plug on your TV, with detachable controllers.

It honestly sounds so bad to me it's insane.

And what a way to confuse the general public. Even worse than the Wii U.

Delio

Well we know nothing just yet, so I'll refrain from being overly negative.

But a console less powerful than XBO and PS4 just for the sake of taking it on the go with you will require inferior versions for multiplatforms, and we very well know how that usually go (look at Wii, extremely popular console, but vastly inferior in hardware than the X360 and PS3).

Guess it depends on what multiplats you are expecting. I mean I dont expect the big third parties and more Japanese devs and mobile/Indie devs.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo has become so attached to gimmicks lately.
Handheld you can plug on your TV, with detachable controllers.

It honestly sounds so bad to me it's insane.

And it sounds awesome to a to of people. Can't ease everyone.

Someone needs to put together links to all the NX threads we've had since the March 2015 investors meeting, so we can chronicle the journey we've had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom