• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dremorak

Banned
Well we know nothing just yet, so I'll refrain from being overly negative.

But a console less powerful than XBO and PS4 just for the sake of taking it on the go with you will require inferior versions for multiplatforms, and we very well know how that usually go (look at Wii, extremely popular console, but vastly inferior in hardware than the X360 and PS3).

And the wii was a huge success. Your point?

Manoko

And it sounds awesome to a to of people. Can't ease everyone.

I think they can.

Everyone remembers the N64/GC era fondly, among gamers.

Just fucking continue on that trend, powerful, traditionnal consoles, with a twist that improves the gameplay.

Someone needs to put together links to all the NX threads we've had since the March 2015 investors meeting, so we can chronicle the journey we've had

Can't remember if juniors can search or not, but you can search "NX" and "thread titles only". There's 11 pages' worth and looooots of locks.

Black_Red

I really want this to be more of a handheld than a home console. I bought every nintendo portable systems and they all were great and with a good catalogue.

18-Volt

The whole "portable home console" thing didn't work for the Vita. Risky strategy.

Vita failed because of Sony, not because of their nonexistent marketing strategy. Marketing NX as a "portable home console" is genius idea because there are people in west that never ever would buy a handheld just because "handheld" term is associated with "toys". This wording could make it possible to sell NX to them.

Dmax3901

Guys if this video is done right and Nintendo show they've learned their lessons and have listened to their fans I might actually cry.

Well we know nothing just yet, so I'll refrain from being overly negative.

But a console less powerful than XBO and PS4 just for the sake of taking it on the go with you will require inferior versions for multiplatforms, and we very well know how that usually go (look at Wii, extremely popular console, but vastly inferior in hardware than the X360 and PS3).

It wasn't going to get third-party AAA games anyway, because Nintendo has spent the last decade and a half mostly ignoring the target demographic for those titles.

Just buy a PC/PS4/XB1 if you want AAA multiplats.

Manoko

And the wii was a huge success. Your point?

Well, if you consider players who abandonned the system after buying it with Wii Sports and Wii Fit a success, I don't know what to think anymore.

Selling a lot of consoles is great, having it be the breeding ground for shovelware and being abandonned by big thrid party studios is a death sentence for the brand, which we see happening now (Nintendo abandonning the Wii brand).

Emily says its fake
Why is 10k bringing this stuff into this thread and why is he backtracking on some of his earlier tweets playing them off as a joke "thinking it was funny". I am tired of so much BS speculation/rumors. So glad Nintendo is officially starting the hype train tomorrow.

GamerJM

Banned
I really want this to be more of a handheld than a home console. I bought every nintendo portable systems and they all were great and with a good catalogue.

It's going to be like both

IMO

Console-quality first party output + handheld quantity first-party output/handheld third-party support

With more indie games than any Nintendo platform before it

Guys if this video is done right and Nintendo show they've learned their lessons and have listened to their fans I might actually cry.

I'm gonna cry if this system succeeds. When has this ever happened? Successfully entering a console gen a few years into it on the heels of a console that under-performed (putting it kindly)? I'm rooting for you, Nintendo!

5cbBRZp.gif

Late to their own party?

C26Yimq.jpg

Home game system might be as opposed to a mobile game system, aka a smartphone. Still, definitely an odd choice of words there if it truly is the rumored hybrid.

Also if BotW is being shown I can think of two reasons:

1. To show off the graphical differences

2. To show off a huge console game on a handheld screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom