• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleted

3 minutes is so little time.

We will see the hardware from different angles and the method(s) of input.
We may see one game, but remember the Wiimote reveal from 2006. We saw no. game. at. all.
Just the Wiimote and the console.

I don't believe they'll show a gaming clip with different games. That will maybe happen next week to show 3rd Party support, but I don't believe we'll see more than Zelda today.

correojon

I don´t expect any game announcements in the video except BotW, but I´m still hyped as hell for this. And please...show something Mario.

mario galaxy 3 with with no man's sky procedural generation

infinite worlds. infinite stars.
Mario games live and die on their expertly crafted levels, a Mario with procedural levels would be very lacklusting.

GoaThief

On a side note, i don't know if they have already, and fair play if they have, some people owe emily an apology or at least a hands up and a "yeah i was wrong, sorry well played"

Thinking people like Cerium, Doomage, crazedproffesional, random engine. Do it :)
What was she right about? I gave up following all that nonsense ages back as it wasn't going anywhere. Has everything she claimed (what did she claim exactly) been vindicated?

Very much looking forward to this reveal but after the Wii U failing to deliver (trailer from its reveal above serves as a good reminder) there's little chance of me jumping in until way down the line at this point. It would have to be truly special, and I cannot see PSVR being topped as an exciting piece of console technology for a while yet. Unless Nintendo do their own VR in which case...

5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS

WqKgWYx.gif

5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS 5 HOURS

Piccoro

I really hope that they give out the technical specs.
Here's hoping that it supports all the latest standards: 4K, HDR, Dolby Surround and 5ghz wifi...

Okay fighting pretty hard at this point to stay awake. May try and sleep until an hour before it starts, make some breakfast and coffee... gonna be a hell of a morning this one.

Piichan

Banned
who's joking about Iwata?!?!?

Point them in my direction and I'll beat them up sommit fierce!

(beat them up with my harsh repertoire of words)

The post above about Mario being in a hospital talking to Iwata, is kinda weird, I dunno.

You know what, ignore me, I'm only drawing attention to it, making things worse.

So is this thing launching with a horror game where you get chased by Mario I take it? Because that image is a one way ticket to Eerie Indiana.

"Excited for the NX? Wanna come see some of the launch systems I've got in the back of my van?"

And now remember that age reveal of Mario..creepy

Maiar_m

3 minutes eh. I expect no games, and kinda wish there'll be no games shown (or just very quickly) but that they'd announce something along the lines of "Starting this Friday until our March 2017 release date, each month will feature an NX special Nintendo direct showcasing one of our release title. Please be excited."

And then each month they take advantage of the game showcased to discuss the hardware.

...who am I kidding, we're getting 3 minutes and that's it until 2017 right?

I really want there to be some games added to the "Rewards" on My Nintendo. Hopefully they are just too busy with NX prep...but seriously what the hell is going on with My Nintendo? They had some cool games available at launch, and now nothing but dumb Miitomo clothes that absolutely nobody wants.

5 more hours!!!

Roo

Guys please don't get this thread locked because of that hype train nonsense.
They're banned for a reason..

NEO0MJ

Am I alone in thinking this is one of the most important reveals in games history? Hype is through the roof. The reveal strategy is insane.

Every new console reveal in the most important in history. Well, except the Ouya, but that's also important for how unimportant it was.

R00bot

So.. How late is everyone staying up for this?
In Australia I'll be staying up until 1am but I'm sure it'll be later for some people :)

daxgame

3 minutes eh. I expect no games, and kinda wish there'll be no games shown (or just very quickly) but that they'd announce something along the lines of "Starting this Friday until our March 2017 release date, each month will feature an NX special Nintendo direct showcasing one of our release title. Please be excited."

And then each month they take advantage of the game showcased to discuss the hardware.

...who am I kidding, we're getting 3 minutes and that's it until 2017 right?

I'd say that the chances that "no game" is shown are between 0 and 1%

TheJoRu

I reckon this will be the beginning of a dripfeed of information. Perhaps minor news every week and then some video with bigger chunks of news/announcements every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom