• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo Reveals Console blahblahblah... *fades to black*... "LETSAGO" - Join us next week for the world premier of the new Mario adventure game!

Pandy

How long into the teaser does the NX first appear?

I'm saying 45 seconds in.

I'm thinking it starts off with some humor, such as someone sneaking into the Nintendo offices as Mario (similar to E3 Mega 64 skit) and stumbling upon the NX behind closed curtains.
Likewise.
While that image might have just been a fun idea for the tweet, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a screengrab from the trailer itself.

Just noticed this video is on the reddit front page right now which is kind of interesting to me because it reminded me of that rumor that claimed the NX will use a built in projector with similar tech and NX is being revealed today.

You know a projector would make the curtain imagery in that picture a lot more meaningful

• Hello and welcome... short intro speech.
  • Mario comes along and runs us into the reveal of the console. Queue Apple like close ups.
  • Zoom out and grand reveal, jump straight into showing the console concept and how it works.

[*]Game fizzle reels.

[*] Big focus on Zelda and 1 new IP in particular.

• Thank you, and join us next week for more!

I'm not expecting that, I think they're gonna show Zelda running on it, maybe a little bit of Mario. But the focus will be on the NX as a product, and its pitch.

I know I'm going to be dissapointed but Im's so excited!

drake-10.w529.h352.gif

Amir0x

Banned
do the right thing and by your child an NX.

Judging by how rapt her attention already is to my girls smartphone... I think she is already going to be a filthy smartphone casual. What a disappointment she turned out to be :(

Oh,, congrats on being a father! Go easy on the kid. You're not a mod anymore ;)

Ah thanks. She gotta go easy on me though. Kid is brutal. Never lets us sleep! Ill get my revenge though when she is five and i force her to play Animal Crossing as punishment for this.

Floex

NX. HYPE. Bring it on.

On a side note, I really hope the people bad mouthing Emily are eating some serious crow today.

Fat4all

Banned
Judging by how rapt her attention already is to my girls smartphone... I think she is already going to be a filthy smartphone casual. What a disappointment she turned out to be :(

Nah... she's the future.

Even the smartphone machine can churn out brilliance on occasion.

Teach her the ways...

(especially considering what the NX is likely to be)

KAL2006

Banned
I was awake during the new tweets saying it's gonna happen today to thrn get the Nintendo confirmation tweet.

Just woke up now thinking by now detective GAF would have figured out the name of the system and the look. Glad I'm wrong and can't wait for a actual surprise for once. 4 and a half hours to go let goooooo

jdstorm

Banned
  • Hello and welcome... short intro speech.
  • Mario comes along and runs us into the reveal of the console. Queue Apple like close ups.
  • Zoom out and grand reveal, jump straight into showing the console concept and how it works.
  • Game fizzle reels.
  • Big focus on Zelda and 1 new IP in particular.
  • Thank you, and join us next week for more!

Hoping for 10-20s on 10-20 first party games. Plus a shot of what the NX looks like.

GoaThief

Am I alone in thinking this is one of the most important reveals in games history? Hype is through the roof. The reveal strategy is insane.
Considering the first teaser image for Red Dead Redemption 2 generated a comparable thread and that's just a single game... I'm going with no its not one of the most important reveals at all.

Ah thanks. She gotta go easy on me though. Kid is brutal. Never lets us sleep! Ill get my revenge though when she is five and i force her to play Animal Crossing as punishment for this.

My four year old son gave up on playing Ray Man Legends. Too difficult for him.
Whats wrong with that generation, I am asking myself...
;)

Plum

A 3 minute trailer is how Nintendo announce their new console. Fuck me.

What's the issue? If the information is out there who cares if it's not revealed on a big stage with hours spent on tech demoes and TV like the PS4/Xbox One reveals respectively.

I really, really hope it's not 2 minutes 30 seconds of Reggie talking/A guy in a Mario suit doing dumb shit. There's time for that in a Direct, not a 3 minute video.

Roo

Wii and Wii U also had 3 minute trailers. Not sure how this is different.

Game announcements? Press release? Hands on reviews? Those will come eventually.

I haven't bought a Nintendo console(excluding my DS) since the Gamecube... But I'm pretty excited for the NX. I probably won't buy it at launch because I'm saving up for a new PC, but it's definitely on my radar.

You know, assuming it's good and all :p

Robiin

I really think a new Metroid will be a launch (/window) title.

They know they need their fans to be successful. Nothing will create more good will than bringing back a beloved franchise like Metroid.

Made by Retro, who hasn't done a game since Wii U Donkey Kong which means they should have had ample time to create something.

Any thoughts?

Krowley

Game announcements? Press release? Hands on reviews? Those will come eventually.

I actually think the hands on will come soon.

In fact, it wouldn't shock me if a very small number of lucky press people are ready to publish articles right now. Maybe not a full press event, but a handful of people.

If not, I think there will be a bigger hands on event within a few weeks.

TheJoRu

It could turn out terrible, but it could also be genius. A 3-minute video is something you can easily get a lot of people to watch as opposed to a 1-2 hour presentation. If it means they can drip feed more information in small chunks over an extended period of time that would keep the interest high. We don't know if this is what they'll do, but I hope so.

G.ZZZ

You know they gonna show fucking nothing lmao. 3 minutes is basically just a teaser with some clips and nothing else. Vaporware at its finest.

Roxas

They were both announced and shown at huge e3 presentations.

I hope they release some kind of extended video on this thing in the near future.

The games reel needs to blow people away.
I'm most excited about Rare's title(s) and the first party new IP that's "weird, fun crazy" that Emily mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom