• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
i'm awake. catching up on the presidential debate since i missed it. counting down the minutes for a post-NX reveal world. Oh, what a glorious world it will be!

TLZ

Banned
Holy damn I just realized that Major Nelson from Xbox tweeted on Nintendo's announcement and he is also hyped for NX! So cool to see the competition hyping each other like this :')

I have a tiny feeling it was Major Nelson who boogie was referring to when he spoke about the 2 contacts he knew mentioning the NX and one of them said "wish we did that" or along them lines.

(That is of course if his statements were true)

BraXzy

What do you guys genuinely think we will get in a 3 minute video?

• Hello and welcome... short intro speech.
  • Mario comes along and runs us into the reveal of the console. Queue Apple like close ups.
  • Zoom out and grand reveal, jump straight into showing the console concept and how it works.
  • Game fizzle reels.
  • Big focus on Zelda and 1 new IP in particular.
  • Thank you, and join us next week for more!

Wait so that fake reveal was dead on? Weird. Now just gotta check where I'll be in five hours...

Shit that's when a lecture starts for me.

trinest

So.. How late is everyone staying up for this?
In Australia I'll be staying up until 1am but I'm sure it'll be later for some people :)
I will go to bed soon and then wake up for it. Nothing to do to keep me occupied till 1/can't stay up like I used to that well.

But garenteed 5 minutes before NX I will wake up and be ready and amped. I did it for E3.

Dr. Mario drama series

Or...

jTSxuLx.png

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
How long into the teaser does the NX first appear?

I'm saying 45 seconds in.

I'm thinking it starts off with some humor, such as someone sneaking into the Nintendo offices as Mario (similar to E3 Mega 64 skit) and stumbling upon the NX behind closed curtains.

Oersted

Jesus, some people worship her like some kind of God. Everyone has the right to be skeptical about information, especially as her track record isn't exactly fully blown accurate.

There is a difference between scepticism and being a shithead.

And lol at expecting insiders to be 100 % accurate.

Green Yoshi

Do you think the press will have the chance to play with NX this year? Maybe there will be a press conference in the upcoming weeks.

Havik

I hope they will show something from the new mario game atleast. They have to show some games, the xbox one reveal got alot of negative comments since they hardly showed any games

Amir0x

Banned
Oh my god Ami0x made an appearance in gaming side! I thought you abandoned us.
Politics this year + helping raising my new baby girl = gaming gets ignored. I havent played shit in like half a year lol. But NX reveal is a momentous event. Special place in my heart for Nintendo still after all these years :p

Must
keep
expectations
at
rock
bottom
levels

DO NOT GET HYPED!
BE PREPARED TO BE MASSIVELY DISAPPOINTED!!
DO NOT GET HYPED!

^ Pretty much what i'm telling myself.
I want this so bad but afraid it's gonna be poopy!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So.. How late is everyone staying up for this?
In Australia I'll be staying up until 1am but I'm sure it'll be later for some people :)

The reveal is at 11pm Japanese time, so I'll be up anyway.

NEO0MJ

Politics this year + helping raising my new baby girl = gaming gets ignored. I havent played shit in like half a year lol. But NX reveal is a momentous event. Special place in my heart for Nintendo still after all these years :p

Oh,, congrats on being a father! Go easy on the kid. You're not a mod anymore ;)

Fat4all

Banned

do the right thing and by your child an NX.

seph1roth

Jesus, some people worship her like some kind of God. Everyone has the right to be skeptical about information, especially as her track record isn't exactly fully blown accurate.

And you're right, she's not a god or anything like that, but a lot of people insulted her here directly (he..) on Gaf and on twitter.

hoserx

Alright, I'm an hour into work, two cups of coffee in me...... gotta make it through the morning rush and then at 10am......3 minutes of excitement!

morikaze

Banned
Just noticed this video is on the reddit front page right now which is kind of interesting to me because it reminded me of that rumor that claimed the NX will use a built in projector with similar tech and NX is being revealed today.

Genio88

I hope it won't just be that 3 minutes trailer for this week, i hope after that they'll update their site with information and whatever about NX, like Apple does just after the iPhone presentations, i think the full reveal will be next week, though presenting a new console isn't that easy, they might start putting out details here and there starting today already

Maiar_m

I'd say that the chances that "no game" is shown are between 0 and 1%

You know what I meant - not making it the focus of the 3 minutes but using them to set up the hardware and a monthly showcase dedicated to games rather than a faster-than-light supercut of vague concepts.

Still, we'll probably do get just that. Which is fine too I guess, after all that waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom