• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Russian Government Sought to Aid Trump’s Candidacy, According to Email

At this point I'd wager to say Russia planned this whole thing including the subsequent disclosure. These morons were played hard and now Putin has a propaganda treasure trove while he can pretend to be more powerful than the US.

My personal fan theory is that this is all a set up to cause a massive governmental disruption when the majority of the cabinet is tied up in impeachment charges, and during an unprecedented transfer of power in our higher offices a massive military invasion of the Baltics takes place.

Holy fucking shit.

0mmjb.gif

"It's just good business..."

RDreamer

How did these emails get out? How did the FBI not know about it? Something strange is going on here. Are the Russians just blowing up both sides for fun and games?

My guess: The FBI is closing in on Kushner because he left this meeting off his disclosure. They're asking for everything related to it, possibly including emails. Kushner camp knows this is going to leak or come out at some point now and they lessen the blow by throwing Don Jr. under the bus instead since he's not actually in the administration and thus didn't have disclosures. The white house is controlling the bad narrative that'll happen no matter what.

This is honestly more than I ever thought we would get. It's a fucking direct connection. And these emails imply that further communications happened as well. Phone calls that were very likely listened to by intelligence services...

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
My guess: The FBI is closing in on Kushner because he left this meeting off his disclosure. They're asking for everything related to it, possibly including emails. Kushner camp knows this is going to leak or come out at some point now and they lessen the blow by throwing Don Jr. under the bus instead since he's not actually in the administration and thus didn't have disclosures. The white house is controlling the bad narrative that'll happen no matter what.

The FBI said they did not know about this exchange.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
How did these emails get out? How did the FBI not know about it? Something strange is going on here. Are the Russians just blowing up both sides for fun and games?

You know, going back and reading some of the articles that've come out since the election is something else.

The story -- of a possible connection between computer servers -- is a strange tale because there are no specific allegations of wrongdoing and only vague technical evidence.

Internet data shows that last summer, a computer server owned by Russia-based Alfa Bank repeatedly looked up the contact information for a computer server being used by the Trump Organization -- far more than other companies did, representing 80% of all lookups to the Trump server.

It's unclear if the Trump Organization server itself did anything in return. No one has produced evidence that the servers actually communicated.

The Times said the FBI had concluded there could be an "innocuous explanation." And cybersecurity experts told CNN this isn't how two entities would communicate if they wanted to keep things secret.
But for those who have studied the data, the activity could suggest an intent to communicate by email during a period of time when ties between the Trump Organization and Russia are being closely scrutinized because of Russia's alleged involvement in hacking the emails of the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign chief John Podesta.

This issue intrigued a dozen computer researchers at a recent business conference in Washington, D.C. that pulled together the world's top network operators, the ones who help run the internet. To them, it's a strange coincidence that merits further scrutiny.

Another computer researcher, Richard Clayton of Cambridge University, said it's just plain weird.
"It's not so much a smoking gun as a faint whiff of smoke a long way away. Maybe there's something else going on. It's hard to tell," said Clayton, who has independently examined the scant evidence available.

The bank told CNN it is now trying to identify the person or entity who disseminated this internet traffic. "We believe that DNS traffic in mainland Europe was deliberately captured - in a manner that is unethical and possibly illegal -- in order to manufacture the deceit," it said.

"It's indicative of communication between Trump, the health organization and the bank outside these servers," he told CNN. "There is some sort of connection I can't explain, and only they are doing it. It could be completely innocent."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/polit...ussian-bank-and-trump-organization/index.html

IWZO9iTM.jpg

Foffy

Banned
This seems like a big deal, but Donald Trump has faced "big deals" and it's been either crazy or strange apathy that has had him survive.

Is this another case of this?

I will also point out that reports that say that the FBI didn't have this email doesn't necessarily indicate that Mueller's team didn't have this email.

Remember that this is a counterintelligence investigation. FBI counterintelligence investigations are siloed from the rest of the Bureau. In light of this email, Muller's staffing makes more sense.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
This seems like a big deal, but Donald Trump has faced "big deals" and it's been either crazy or strange apathy that has had him survive.

Is this another case of this?

Trump himself is not yet implicated with hard evidence on this encounter.

Kyzer

Banned
Is there a collage of all the denials of getting help from Russia yet

Gonna be useful as they start to pivot to "collusion is ok"

jstripes

Banned
IT LITERALLY SAYS RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT ATTORNEY IN THAT EMAIL CHAIN

ARE YOU A DOPE, DONNIE

Dumbass posted Page 4

THIS MAKES IT EVEN WORSE

aAywIyo.png

Seriously, though. Posting proof that you did nothing wrong, and that proof explicitly proves that you did something wrong.

How. Fucking. Stupid. Do. You. Have. To. Be.

Also, I'm starting to believe they're setting up Junior to take the fall for everyone and then be pardoned by daddy. Because they think this public display is going to make a deep FBI investigation go away.

Aselith

aAywIyo.png

Seriously, though. Posting proof that you did nothing wrong, and that proof explicitly proves that you did something wrong.

Also, I'm starting to believe they're setting up Junior to take the fall for everyone and then be pardoned by daddy. Because they think this public display is going to make a deep FBI investigation go away.

I mean at this point since the Times called him to seek comment, all he can really do is post them first and try to bluster his way out. It's a bold strategy, Cotton

oti

Banned
aAywIyo.png

Time: Yo waddup Juniah we got dem mailz
Jr.: Oh shit bruh this iz it lemme post maself so Ze Judgzgz will free me im so smert

MarionCB

Holy shit! This is absolutely damning evidence. It has everything you need, it lays it all out: Russian Government supporting Trump, secret documents, Russian Government lawyer, a promise of damaging Clinton information, the lawyer discussing the Magninsky Act as a quid pro quo. Wow.

The timeline too, just after Russia hacked the DNC, just before it began to be released. My God.

Then to top it all off, Trump Jr has spent the last few days lying, being revealed to lie, then lying some more, then being exposed again, then lying again and so on. He's guilty as all hell.

And it damns Manafort and Kushner directly.

There's also zero chance Trump himself didn't know at the time.

Now I really feel these people will go down.

Kusagari

He literally released an email chain of his own volition that confirms a Russian back channel to his father.

How fucking stupid are they?

Pedrito

I was going to say: Jared could always pretend that he didn't really know what the meeting would be about, but it looks like Don Jr. forwarded him the email chain before it took place. Oh well, he'll just say that he didn't read it.

The question I have now is, who contacted Goldstone? With the lawyer claiming she has no government ties and never offered (much less gave) any anti-Hillary intel, who told Goldstone to set up a meeting for the express purpose of handing over damaging Hillary intel courtesy of the Russian government?

And my next question is, what's up with the claims of the info being evidence of damaging financial links between Hillary and Russia? Those never came out. So was this meeting really set up by Russia at all, or did Goldstone just somehow wildly misinterpret what was going on and put his own nutty spin on it?

edit: My bad, finally saw the full email. So it was Emin who approached Goldstone and spun this story. So was Emin bullshitting and if so, why?

Top Bottom