• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Russian Government Sought to Aid Trump’s Candidacy, According to Email

Cheezus

At this point a Hollywood conspiracy where they pay Trump's family to create a real life script for the world's highest grossing biopic of all time seems more likely than what's actually transpiring. Jesus Christ.

Tovarisc

Mail from June 3rd mentions that Goldstone could also send the info to DJT senior via Rhona, but wanted to hook up Jr. first because information in question is so sensitive.

CHC

Ok if this is the son that Donald Sr called a "retard" he's officially excused.

I mean, I NEVER use that word but like.... what is he doing?

It's starting to look increasingly clear that the Russians targeted using Trump and his family because of how monumentally stupid they are and how easy to take advantage of they would be.

Trump is "the man who knew too little".

Cagey

Banned
This Fredo is trying to out-Fredo all the other Fredos in this family and administration that is chock-full of Fredos.

mnannola

"This... is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump."

"If it's what you say I love it"

Lawd.

Now there is just no denying that they knew the Russian Government had stuff on Hillary and that they knew this fact before basically anyone else.

There is also no denying the fact that they ran the most pro-Russian US Presidential campaign since....ever? They were all in on Russia last year.

Will the real patriotic Republicans please stand up?

”This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump."

Doesn't this seem to imply that the Trump campaign knew of Russian support prior to this meeting??? And specifically that Don Jr. knew the Russians were supporting Trump's bid for presidency (or he would have inquired about such support)???

WOW.

RDreamer

Holy fucking shit lmao. The Russian side made it so ridiculously blatant. This is some "They gotta say they're a cop, legally" shit. They said they were Russians!!!!

”This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump."

Doesn't this seem to imply that the Trump campaign knew of Russian support prior to this meeting??? And that Don Jr. knew the Russians were supporting Trump's bid for presidency???

WOW.

He's going to keep claiming he didn't tell daddy.

Okay, so this is it, 100% proof:

The June 3, 2016, email sent to Donald Trump Jr. could hardly have been more explicit: One of his father’s former Russian business partners had been contacted by a senior Russian government official and was offering to provide the Trump campaign with dirt on Hillary Clinton.

The documents “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father,” read the email, written by a trusted intermediary, who added, “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

If the future president’s elder son was surprised or disturbed by the provenance of the promised material — or the notion that it was part of an ongoing effort by the Russian government to aid his father’s campaign — he gave no indication.

He replied within minutes: “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

“This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

Doesn't this seem to imply that the Trump campaign knew of Russian support prior to this meeting??? And that Don Jr. knew the Russians were supporting Trump's bid for presidency???

WOW.

The next step is finding proof that Jr. told Donald Trump Sr. about this. As it stands, Donald Trump Sr. could still deny any knowledge of this. Yes, I wouldn't believe him for a second, but I'm talking about what I think is needed for this to hold up in a legal setting.

jiiikoo

Banned
The next step is finding proof that Jr. told Donald Trump Sr. about this. As it stands, Donald Trump Sr. could still deny any knowledge of this. Yes, I wouldn't believe him for a second, but I'm talking about what I think is needed for this to hold up in a legal setting.

I would bet the wiretapping of Trump Tower came up with some juicy bits of convo between Small Trump and Bigly Trump.

These dirty ass fucks. It's so clear that they were actively being helped by the Russian Government and knew about it, and were willing participants.

commedieu

Banned
Holy fucking shit lmao. The Russian side made it so ridiculously blatant. This is some "They gotta say they're a cop, legally" shit. They said they were Russians!!!!

He's going to keep claiming he didn't tell daddy.

They are doing it on purpose. They want our country to implode, and be divided. No need to speak in code. They know exactly how this is going to look to opposition. Trump is getting played for sure. But our reactions are also part of the play too.

Donos

06JM9T9.jpg

You guys, were all crazed right now.

But the other side of the room will simply spin a new narrative of "WAIT, SO HILLARY WAS ACTUALLY COLLUDING!".

You just wait till Conway opens her neck hole the next time she's on TV.

I would bet the wiretapping of Trump Tower came up with some juicy bits of convo between Small Trump and Bigly Trump.

Yeah, I'm sure this connection exists in written or recorded conversation format. I suspect the FBI is holding it close for the time being. This case is still being built.

But Hillary would have turned this country over to the liberals! I'd rather give the country to Russia first! - your average republican.

More like "But Hillary would have turned this country over to ISIS! I'd rather give the country to Russia, they're white!"

That, and I'm pretty sure the "good old days" Conservatives longing for the 50s way of life salivate over Putin's style of "traditional family values". "Remember the good old days when a man could backhand a broad and brat, and nobody would bat an eyelash over it? The good old days!"- Putin, Conservatives, GOP, human pieces of shit....

I don't even know how to process this right now.

In a normal world, this would be the moment even the bad guys start bugging out or switching sides. In this crazy world, I don't even know if this is enough. I mean, it absolutely fucking should, it should be the biggest scandal this country has seen. Reagan should be rising from his grave to lead an revolution.

I have no idea what tomorrow will bring except for the GOP to blame Hillary and Obama.

abundant

So I guess the whole talking point about it being #fakenews is very dead now.

Wonder what the spin will be now.

Some have already begun to spin it as "what DT Jr. did is the same thing every other politician would have done. Trying to get dirt on their opponents by any means necessary."

Theonik

At this point I'd wager to say Russia planned this whole thing including the subsequent disclosure. These morons were played hard and now Putin has a propaganda treasure trove while he can pretend to be more powerful than the US.

How did these emails get out? How did the FBI not know about it? Something strange is going on here. Are the Russians just blowing up both sides for fun and games?

Top Bottom