• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Russian Government Sought to Aid Trump’s Candidacy, According to Email

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Eventhough they didnt get any damaging info from this meeting the fact still remains that they were looking for anything they can get. Even if its coming from Russia and the hacks.

meanwhile

pZ78obW.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/884740553040175104

I 100% guarantee you he wants the Olympics here so it can give Putin the excuse he needs to be allowed into the US.

Eventhough they didnt get any damaging info from this meeting the fact still remains that they were looking for anything they can get. Even if its coming from Russia and the hacks.

Plus the FBI and the IC was already tracking and mentoring her an her associates activities for years, prior.

Ok so she says she doesn't work for the government so why was she PERSONALLY trying to meet the Trump clan? To lift sanctions for a government she doesn't work for? Really?

This company, which works with/for the company (Prevezon Holdings) owned by the son of the Russian transport minister, is dedicated almost solely to overturning the Magnitsky act.

She was denied a visa in January 2016 for her lobbying efforts, and sued for the opportunity to defend Prevezon in court, which is why she was allowed back in.

Her job revolves around repealing the act that financially harms her biggest government-linked client, and is a personal L that Putin fumes over to this day. Ironically, the official Russian state message is that the ban on Russian adoptions isn't because of the Act (because that would be petty and beneath him), so hragi stuck in the awkward position of having to explain both rationales on the front page of their website, and the lawyer has to frame all lobbying efforts around repealing the act "for the greater good".

This company, which works with/for the company (Prevezon Holdings) owned by the son of the Russian transport minister, is dedicated almost solely to overturning the Magnitsky act.

She was denied a visa in January 2016 for her lobbying efforts, and sued for the opportunity to defend Prevezon in court, which is why she was allowed back in.

Her job revolves around repealing the act that financially harms her biggest government-linked client, and is a personal L that Putin fumes over to this day. Ironically, the official Russian state message is that the ban on Russian adoptions isn't because of the Act (because that would be petty and beneath him), so hragi stuck in the awkward position of having to explain both rationales on the front page of their website, and the lawyer has to frame all lobbying efforts around repealing the act "for the greater good".

Spot on.

Dude Abides

Banned
Ok so she says she doesn't work for the government so why was she PERSONALLY trying to meet the Trump clan? To lift sanctions for a government she doesn't work for? Really?

I'm sure this is not the case, but it's possible she could be working for one of the private individuals or companies affected by the Manitsky Act. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Russia claims.

Of course he is, the Olympics is a big flashy meaningless spectacle so naturally Trump's into it. Fuck hosting the Olympics; it's a sucker's game.

NandoGip

Its funny that their excuse is that with this specific meeting they never got info, when clearly down the timeline they *did* get info on Clinton.

The detail we're missing for now is proof of the meeting that lead to wikileaks actions

I love their ability to NOT shut the fuck up. It makes it easier.

He really believes that this story was and is the only one that matters. When it's one of many that finally connect that middle peice. Along with whatever else is coming.

But I guess getting that mob lawyer doesn't help him. Should follow the path of Jared and Manafort and not damage yourself even more.

#Stupidgate

otapnam

He does realize that Mueller and company have much, much more doesn't he? This stuff is from the WHITE HOUSE.

Do these idiots also have idiot lawyers?

Unless mueller doesn't. So the WH leak was preemptive.

Really hoping for team mueller to lay the smackdown though.

Zips

Isn't checking with the investigation if it's ok to release to the public one of the checks that are done?

I imagine that would mean Mueller's group would have already known about this stuff, and is ok with having it revealed.

Could even help them by seeing what the roaches do when the light is shined on them.

PopeReal

Unless mueller doesn't. So the WH leak was preemptive.

Really hoping for team mueller to lay the smackdown though.

Even throwing Mueller out of the equation, the white house leaks alone are MUCH MORE than just this one story.

It is like they can only pay attention to one thing at a time, and hope that enough Americans do the same.

It won't take that long. Given how many stupid people this seems to involve, so many blatant connections. That all in some ways, already hade investigations directly or indirectly. On going for years, maybe without a smoking gun. Now these actors are providing the connective tissue to said cases. Especially with all the mob related bust to multiple crime families in NY, recently.

Thrn you go yeare of FinCEN's own investigations into dirty russian money and it's continued influence on the real-estate and other property buying tactics. Along with other money laundering operations and other financial crimes.

Its a deep hole. But they aren't running on bread crumbs that's for sure, it's all about putting the puzzle together and given the digital age. Many criminal folk still don't understand or care that, it's not your friend if its illegal and shows a pattern.

Even if all that is true, I still don't see the Mueller report coming out anytime soon.
I genuinely think we need to wait 18-24 months before he and the SC team lay it all out for us, they'll just let Trump and his cronies continually step on their own feet without a peep coming out.

The man by all accounts is incredibly thorough and extremely secretive to not taint investigations.

146.gif

He does realize that Mueller and company have much, much more doesn't he? This stuff is from the WHITE HOUSE.

Do these idiots also have idiot lawyers?

This is what I've been wondering as well. Isn't not talking about the case you're under suspicion for like the first thing they tell you to do?

There is so much information floating around on Rob Goldstone's Facebook page. Including this photo of him:

994980_10152051830799314_678241909_n.jpg

Link.

Can't really be sure of the date, but it looks to be sometime around the 9th November 2013 which was when the Miss Universe 2013 competition was held. This seems to put him in the same place as Trump at around the same time.

Also mentioned on that post is someone called Roman B, who works at Crocus Group. Crocus Group is the company who hosted the 2013 Miss Universe competition, which was hosted at their Crocus City Hall venue.

Crocus Group was co-founded by Aras Agalarov, who has also has a relationship and history with Donald Trump. Link. He was also mentioned frequently in the Steele document.

-

Honestly, if I can just stumble on this shit in about 10 minutes of browsing, I can only imagine what kind of shit is being unearthed in the actual investigations.

Zolo

They are still covering Hillary Clinton. Because they never wanted 2016 to end.

They wanted it to end. They wanted to cover Hillary for the next 4-8 years just like how Republican congress wanted to be obstructing instead of governing.

OléGunner;243152484 said:
Even if all that is true, I still don't see the Mueller report coming out anytime soon.
I genuinely think we need to wait 18-24 months before he and the SC team lay it all out for us, they'll just let Trump and his cronies continually step on their own feet without a peep coming out.

The man by all accounts is incredibly thorough and extremely secretive to not taint investigations.

146.gif

We don't got that long. The GOP, with their mission to dismantle all things Obama, regardless of their recent backtracking due to huge public backlash, but you know if they could get away with it. They would and they are trying to put in wackjobs, into judicial postions to influence things even more and Trump postion picks to important offices are fucking shit up, as they fire lots of experts in their fields.

Amongst other shady shit.

Being thorough doesn't nesscarily mean slow or fast. It depends on the circumstances.

Steel

Banned
We don't got that long. The GOP, with their mission to dismantle all things Obama, regardless of their recent backtracking due to huge public backlash, but you know if they could get away with it. They would and they are trying to put in wackjobs, into judicial postions to influence things even more and Trump postion picks to important offices are fucking shit up, as they fire lots of experts in their fields.

Being thorough doesn't nesscarily mean slow or fast. It depends on the circumstances.

How much time we have is irrelevant. Investigations don't normally build up that fast. Honestly, I feel like the FBI's investigation will finish before Muellers.

Fair enough you want results asap.

I see the orange man is steadily dismantling several aspects of your government and de-regulating the shit out of everything according to NYT today.
But still if you want to nail this SC thing 100% effectively, because history is on the line here, you've got to be patient and let this all play out even if it is long term.

Link

The Autumn Wind
They wanted it to end. They wanted to cover Hillary for the next 4-8 years just like how Republican congress wanted to be obstructing instead of governing.
Sadly accurate. The dog caught the car and has no clue what to do with it.

You know how most conspiracy theories are bogus, from the simple reason that so many people would have to keep quiet that it's implausible?

This who story is like the contrapositive of that. A story that probably is real and indeed has leaks and squealers all over the place.

It's fun to watch.

This seems like a true bombshell to me.

This directly contradicts the flat statements made by Trump, Pence, and everyone else all along that no one connected to Trump met with Russians about the campaign.

It's illegal in itself since the meeting was not disclosed on the security forms.

It's probably illegal as an attempt to receive a "thing of value" (valuable information) from a foreign national related to a campaign.

The lies from everyone involved strongly suggest that they are attempting to hide the real nail in the coffin, most likely direct collusion over the email leaks and possibly/probably talks about the quid pro quo of easing sanctions.

My last worries that "maybe there's really not anything illegal" have evaporated.

Top Bottom