• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Russian Government Sought to Aid Trump’s Candidacy, According to Email

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
n5lWZgI.gif
Rnvxpix.gif

Only the Trump camp has nobody with the brains of Stringer Bell to smack fools across the face when they do something stupid.

jelly

I need to pardon my son to make America Great Again, this distraction by the loser Dems and fake news is just a distraction stopping me from doing the job. That will be the Trump response.

Damn, that tubby dude who is in the pockets of the Russian oligarch system better watch his back. I'm serious, can you imagine if he mysteriously dies ?

Come on now guys. Trump asked Putin twice in Hamburg if they had anything to do with the election medling, and Putin said no. TWICE!

Shauni

The worst part about his name is that ACTUAL Bruce Springsteen doesn't stand for any of Trump's shit. Meanwhile this poster claims to be representing the Boss with his handle. Please.

Trump couldn't even get a Springsteen cover band for his inauguration lol

cameron

I just sat down with the Russian lawyer who met w/ Donald Trump Jnr in 2016. Exclusive details coming up. @TODAYshow @NBCNews @Morning_Joe

— Keir Simmons‏ (@KeirSimmons) July 11, 2017

Natalia Veselnitskaya interview coming up. Her statement from the NYT article:
Ms. Veselnitskaya, for her part, denied that the campaign or compromising material about Mrs. Clinton ever came up. She said she had never acted on behalf of the Russian government.

OléGunner;243139215 said:
I agree with this.

I love that nothing is leaking from that SC team-it's a forever quiet but dark looming ether slowly advancing towards the WH.
In a year or two once the Mueller report is out, I expect genuine megatons, hell fire and brimstone.

It won't take that long. Given how many stupid people this seems to involve, so many blatant connections. That all in some ways, already hade investigations directly or indirectly. On going for years, maybe without a smoking gun. Now these actors are providing the connective tissue to said cases. Especially with all the mob related bust to multiple crime families in NY, recently.

Then you go years of FinCEN's own investigations into dirty russian money and it's continued influence on the real-estate and other property buying tactics. Along with other money laundering operations and other financial crimes.

Its a deep hole. But they aren't running on bread crumbs that's for sure, it's all about putting the puzzle together and given the digital age. Many criminal folk still don't understand or care that, it's not your friend if its illegal and shows a pattern.

Hi America. All your news is BREAKING and EXCLUSIVE and whatnot... and I just can't understand what's important and what not. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being Trump impeached.. 1 being, nothing at all is gonna happen to Trump for the next 4 years: where is Trump located? 4 ? 7?

Hi America. All your news is BREAKING and EXCLUSIVE and whatnot... and I just can't understand what's important and what not. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being Trump impeached.. 1 being, nothing at all is gonna happen to Trump for the next 4 years: where is Trump located? 4 ? 7?
Hard to say. But this is all important. The case is building. Evidence of collusion is coming out into the light (Rep Schiff had said he had seen some a few months back but we don't know what it was).

If Trump pardons himself and everyone and the GOP refuse to impeach, that's a major fucking story even if it leaves him president until 2021.

Impeachment doesn't work like that.

cameron

Interview in text format, NBC News: Russian Lawyer Who Met With Trump Jr.: I Didn't Have Clinton Info They Wanted
MOSCOW — The Russian lawyer who met with Donald Trump Jr. during the presidential campaign denied in an exclusive interview with NBC News that she had any connection to the Kremlin and insists she met with President Donald Trump's son to press her client's interest in the Magnitsky Act — not to hand over information about Hillary Clinton's campaign.

”I never had any damaging or sensitive information about Hillary Clinton. It was never my intention to have that," Natalia Veselnitskaya said.
When asked how Trump Jr. seemed to have the impression that she had information about the Democratic National Committee, she responded:

”It is quite possible that maybe they were longing for such an information. They wanted it so badly that they could only hear the thought that they wanted."

Trump Jr. has confirmed that the meeting occurred, saying in a statement to the New York Times that he attended "a short introductory meeting" with the lawyer, where the topic of conversation was primarily about adoption.

On Monday, the New York Times reported that Trump Jr. was told in an email before the meeting that the information Veselnitskaya had was part of a Russian government effort to help his father's candidacy.
But Veselnitskaya flatly denied any connection to the Russian government.

Veselnitskaya explained how she had worked for years to question the case that prompted the U.S. to impose sanctions on Russian officials accused of human rights violations, known as the Magnitsky Act.
These sanctions led the Kremlin to ban the adoption of Russian children by Americans at the end of 2012.

Trump Jr.'s meeting with Veselnitskaya took place on June 9, two days after Trump became the presumptive Republican nominee.

Kremlin officials said on Monday that they were unaware of who the lawyer is.
In describing how the meeting came about, Veselnitskaya didn't name the person who set it up over the phone while she was in New York for work.

When she arrived at Trump Tower she was met by music publicist Rob Goldstone, who was involved in the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow in 2013. After entering a board room, she was introduced to Trump Jr.

She described how Trump Jr. ran the meeting. Two other men who she never met by name were also in the room. She only realized who they were after seeing their photos in the media. Those men were Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort.

”I could recognize the young gentleman who was only present in the meeting for probably the first seven to 10 minutes, and then he stood up and left the room," she said. ”It was Mr. Jared Kushner. And he never came back, by the way.

”And the other individual who was always in the same meeting, but all the time he was looking at his phone. He was reading something. He never took any active part in the conversation. That was Mr. Manafort."

Trump Jr.'s newly appointed lawyer, Alan Futerfas, on Monday said ”that Don Jr. had no knowledge as to what specific information, if any, would be discussed" in the meeting.

Wait, she straight up lied about her client base. "Do you have any connection to the Russian government" seems to be treated quite often as an opinion question.

It's a soft ball. But no one's going to straight up acknowledge that link, given the optics. In either case. All you have to do is look at her past actions and interactions and help from allied foreign intelligence and the picture is clear.

Ok so she says she doesn't work for the government so why was she PERSONALLY trying to meet the Trump clan? To lift sanctions for a government she doesn't work for? Really?

It's a soft ball. But no one's going to straight up acknowledge that link, given the optics. In either case. All you have to do is look at her past actions and interactions and help from allied foreign intelligence and the picture is clear.

http://time.com/4851321/donald-trump-jr-russian-lawyer-natalia-veselnitskaya/

Natalia Veselnitskaya is a Russian attorney who has represented several state-owned Russian businesses, according to the Times. In 2003, she launched her own law firm, Kamerton Consulting. Her clients have included Denis Katsyv, the President of Russian company Prevezon Holdings and the son of Pyotr Katsyv, who has served as Moscow's Regional Transport Minister

Maybe there are shades of grey in working for state-owned businesses that I'm not appreciating with my Western sensibilities?

cameron

She gave the interview in Russian. Does she speak English? If not, who was translating? Goldstone? Does Manafort understand Russian?

She had a translator.
Late Saturday, Mark Corallo, a spokesman for the president's lawyer, issued a statement implying that the meeting was a setup. Ms. Veselnitskaya and the translator who accompanied her to the meeting ”misrepresented who they were," it said.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/08/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html

jelly

Got to give it to Trump, he really does follow the mafia ways, always have a fall guy. At best he probably listens in via the phone or something of these meetings but never directly meets people unless it's the big cheese under the guise of other work.

Top Bottom