• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(NYTIMES) Molly: Pure, but Not So Simple aka MDMA is now hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozak

Banned
I remember watching a program on TV years ago about ecstacy, and it basically said the drug causes your body to release something in your brain (forgot the name now, someone in here will know) which causes the euphoric feeling. The issue, it said, was that there was only a limited supply of this stuff in your bain and once it runs out, it's gone. This led them to conclude it could lead to severe depression later in life as you've basically ran out of the happy stuff.

Seretonin and yes, it takes between 30-90 days to restore it to the level it was at before.

Seanspeed

Banned
People still do it, although I've never tried it myself. Also, it's a very psychologically "heavy" drug; it's not a drug you can take in any social situation. Pop culture isnt about opening your mind these days like it was in the 60's.
MDMA cant be used in most situations either. You might not need to be quite as 'prepared' as you do for an acid trip, but its still incredibly powerful and you will still come across as somebody very obviously whacked up on something to sober people.

I'd say its actually one of the most powerful drugs I've ever taken. It has a stonger intensity than even something like coke. Its just an overwhelming euphoria and you basically go on a pleasure binge when you're on it. It lasts for a few hours, too, so you've gotta keep that in mind as well.

It can be safe in the right setting, but you will not be in anything close to a normal state of mind, so don't think you can just out in public as normal.

Mulberry

There is a huge difference between cocaine and MDMA.

Just because something is labeled a drug, doesn't mean it's harmful in anymore of a way than eating steak, or taking a Tylonal is.

Taking large amounts of Tylonal everyday will destroy your liver, happens a lot to the dummies who abuse Vicodin.

Also, cocaine is still a schedule 2 narcotic (ie has a medical use) I believe.

kudosx

Banned
Why does it seem like younger generations just steal from past generations? Leave the 90's in the 90's and create your own subculture. I know it may take some creativity but just piggybacking off past youth culture just makes the world boring. I'm so tired of seeing everything from fashion to music to even drugs become popular based on whatever past decade is in vogue now.

I remember watching a program on TV years ago about ecstacy, and it basically said the drug causes your body to release something in your brain (forgot the name now, someone in here will know) which causes the euphoric feeling. The issue, it said, was that there was only a limited supply of this stuff in your bain and once it runs out, it's gone. This led them to conclude it could lead to severe depression later in life as you've basically ran out of the happy stuff.

well i'm convinced

sorry this is bullshit. your body produces serotonin it doesn't come with a limited supply that runs out forever if you use it too early.

some have posted this before since this topic comes up every year for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOBeDZd6UwU

five part broadcast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjvNCijeYlI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnmRj43ikUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUNgw-WaLUc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfxh8oXa64M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7OpgfdhZMo

Tryptophan rich foods, sun and exercise will help you replenish your Serotonin levels so you can produce the hormone Melatonin. You need Melatonin so that your sleep cycles can go back to normal. The big danger from MDMA is that you will become deficient in serotonin if you do not feed your body the right nutrients.

Yes you can buy melatonin pills (and they do help with insomnia) to help but they are merely a kick starter for your body to produce its own.

charsace

Why does it seem like younger generations just steal from past generations? Leave the 90's in the 90's and create your own subculture. I know it may take some creativity but just piggybacking off past youth culture just makes the world boring. I'm so tired of seeing everything from fashion to music to even drugs become popular based on whatever past decade is in vogue now.

MDMA is older than that and I'm a 90's kid.

sorry this is bullshit. your body produces serotonin it doesn't come with a limited supply that runs out if you use it too early.

some have posted this before since this topic comes up every year for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOBeDZd6UwU

five part broadcast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjvNCijeYlI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnmRj43ikUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUNgw-WaLUc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfxh8oXa64M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7OpgfdhZMo

Tryptophan rich foods, sun and exercise will help you replenish your Serotonin levels so you can produce the hormone Melatonin. You need Melatonin so that your sleep cycles can go back to normal. The big danger from MDMA is that you will become deficient in serotonin if you do not feed your body the right nutrients.

Well you can blame the good old BBC for that, however it was probably shown to put people off using it. It was shortly after a girl called Leah I believe died from ecstacy at a party.

Didn't stop me though lol

Why does it seem like younger generations just steal from past generations? Leave the 90's in the 90's and create your own subculture. I know it may take some creativity but just piggybacking off past youth culture just makes the world boring. I'm so tired of everything from fashion to music to even drugs become popular based on whatever past decade is in vogue now.

This is kind of funny, considering the amazing amount of dicksucking nostalgia-filled people give those past decades. For every post like this, there's another that's shitting on the current culture and desparately wanting things to go back to the way they were. Maybe the better question is "why does it seem like older generations never seem to want to move forward"?

Senoculum

20-50 bucks a pill? How does one start mixing up some 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine. I'll be able to pay for a Tesla Model S in no time.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
" 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine"

First thing I did was draw out this structure after reading this...

Fuck my life

What's with America acting like Ecstasy / MDMA is some kind of new thing?
It's just taken in powder form now; Ecstasy supposedly had various agents/fillers in it, molly is supposed to be pure powdered MDMA. You take a very small amount volume wise in comparison. I think Ecstasy was often mixed with amphetamines so it was a lot more speedy.

How are you suppose to know you are getting pure mdma?

It looks/tastes/smells a certain way

What's with America acting like Ecstasy / MDMA is some kind of new thing?
It's just in the news again now that raves are no more.

I've done it a few times, the next day is just too tiring IME.

this doesn't make any sense

Molly is great, snort that shit and experience amazing.

I think it's a tad overrated. In my experience it just gives you energy/puts you in a very good mood. The downsides though are that (once again, in my experience), you get nauseous easier and can't go to sleep.

MVP

Banned
I want to try this now, along with Modafinil. Do these two basically give you the same type of feeling?

Seanspeed

Banned
So is it true that Molly is cheaper than E?

I remember a handful of years ago, molly was so much harder to come by and more expensive
Molly is pure E. It is usually more expensive. Never seen it for less than $30(but that was a while back, don't really mess with stuff anymore).

And unless you know the right people, its hard to find *real* Molly. Or it was, at least.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I'm so fucking tired of this shit, GAF. I'm tired of seeing this. Every time I click on a thread about drugs all the replies are a circlejerk of people trying to convince everyone to join in on the essential-to-enjoying-life experience of taking whatever drug happens to be in the topic name.

Bye Off Topic, it's time to quit you.

Cabaratier

Neo Member
Wait, this is actualy a new thing in the States? Here in the Netherlands most xtc pills contain nothing other than mdma these days, and high doses at that. They're sold for like 3-5 euro's a piece.
Why do they sell it in powder form in the US? Or do they mean mdma crystals?

I'm so fucking tired of this shit, GAF. I'm tired of seeing this. Every time I click on a thread about drugs all the replies are a circlejerk of people trying to convince everyone to join in on the essential-to-enjoying-life experience of taking whatever drug happens to be in the topic name.

you should smoke some weed and chill bro

Do you need a hug?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

What would you rather see?

Yet you can't stop clicking. I wouldn't recommend any drugs to you, doesn't sound like they fit your personality.

Ultryx

The stigma surrounding MDMA is really disheartening. It's an amazing chemical that I highly recommend to everyone. If done responsibly (once a month at most, no alcohol intake at the same time) it does no harm to the body. Any effects of the drug are reversed over time. It's a perfectly safe and profound drug, and is one that saved my life.

Best experience of my life on it. Changed the way I see many things.

antonz

The period it will remain pure is great but it wont be long before cocaine etc. finds its way back in from the makers. Additives will find their way in to get business repeating more often

Liberty4all

Banned

lol yeap. I was reading the article and thinking welcome to 1995.

Ectacy and the rave scene in general were HUGE in the mid to late 90s. And back then it was known that pure MDMA was the best.

Seanspeed

Banned

Its annoying how people enjoy things sometimes, aint it?

NoFunAllowed

Why do they call it Molly nowadays? Is it pure MDMA? Back in the day I used to pop a shit ton of pills but they were doves or Mercedes or smiley faces, triple stacked and shit.

do i blame trinidad james for making molly mainstream? i swear artists cant stop talking about this shit nowadays. its on almost every song. even kanye has been infected

Newline

Mmmm now I feel as though this thread is sugar coating the drug. People have had bad experiences on it right? From the 8 or so times i've dropped, i've had one.

Mmmm now I feel as though this thread is sugar coating the drug. People have had bad experiences on it right? From the 8 or so times i've dropped, i've had one.

people also have bad experiences on alcohol. no one is saying things like this are OMGTOTALLYHARMLESS but demonizing drugs does more harm than good. just look at the insane, nonsensical laws around marijuana.

people also have bad experiences on alcohol. no one is saying things like this are OMGTOTALLYHARMLESS but demonizing drugs does more harm than good. just look at the insane, nonsensical laws around marijuana.

Sorry man, but Marijuana and these retarded ass drugs do not fall into the same category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom