• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Shoot: Daryl is encroaching turning Hiromu into an annoying meme wrestler
I think they killed him without a plan, then brought him back for nothing beyond "look he's back"

Would've been rad if they killed him, Hiromu acted all depressed like he did, but then to fill the void he had to get his belt back

Hex

Banned

You are shooting blanks Copper!
It is a business, the business you do well by keeping your name out there and keeping people talking about you.
He got a stuffed animal over.
Think about that.
If it annoys you I am sad to say nobody cares. But you have choices, as in not watch.

I think they killed him without a plan, then brought him back for nothing beyond "look he's back"

Would've been rad if they killed him, Hiromu acted all depressed like he did, but then to fill the void he had to get his belt back

You are acting like the booking or the office had anything to do with it.
And he brought him back because it is popular and gets chants and pops.
Not sure how that is "for nothing"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He went from the biggest upcoming star in Japan with an unhinged wildchild gimmick to what he is now which basically feels like a comedy wrestler

He had an edge and that edge is gone

You are acting like the booking or the office had anything to do with it.
I don't know the inner workings of New Japans

For the record I like Daryl, but his first run through his death was an actually awesome (and bizarre) story arc. It's cool to see him back, especially if Hiromu doesn't have anything going on at the moment, but it lessens what happened

Please look forward to when I steal Nocturnowl's heat by creating Takervember.
FjjeGZP.gif

Sibersk no!

Syder

I've felt like this since the Fale incident.

I think if the gimmick had died when Fale tore Daryl apart it would've been a good angle to look back on, like Mr. Belt was. Now it's distracting from the rest of Takahashi. He's a fucking great worker and excellent character in his own right.

I don't need these instagram pics of a stuffed toy doing things

He went from the biggest upcoming star in Japan with an unhinged wildchild gimmick to what he is now which basically feels like a comedy wrestler

He had an edge and that edge is gone
I mean that's probably because Daryl showed up when he was pulled out of the title picture, which is the bigger issue

Though obviously yeah, it affects his character and image

This is the thread that still thinks there's anything beyond a TEN chant to tye dillinger, hating or believing there are meme wrestlers just won't compute

Syder

I'm blaming whoever thought giving Kushida the belt was a good idea...

The run up to the Best of the Super Juniors was a great time to be a Takahashi fan, I was super high on him.

Just give everyone in LIJ belts 💰💰💰

I'm pretty confident it's cause they don't really have anything for him right now, and it keeps him over.

He can snap any time they need him to.

Just give Hiromu a non-Jr title, that's all it takes to be fixed

But that'd be as hard as pulling teeth. It took Nakamura leaving for them to even move Kenny up, I can't imagine who'd have to leave before they did the same for Hiromu

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

But that'd be as hard as pulling teeth. It took Nakamura leaving for them to even move Kenny up, I can't imagine who'd have to leave before they did the same for Hiromu

it took AJ and Nakamura leaving for them to move Naito up

Hex

Banned
I'm pretty confident it's cause they don't really have anything for him right now, and it keeps him over.

He can snap any time they need him to.

He may not have wanted to do all of the traveling that Kushida has been doing.
He has appeared at so many different feds lately it is really hard to keep track.

Syder

I'm glad they don't just throw belts around but the NEVER Openweight Championship is kinda wasted on Suzuki right now.

Pikma

Banned
Daryl is alright as a “lol that's cute” thing and as a part of his gimmick but that shit about ROH announcing him for the upcoming tours and people pretending it's a big thing (although they're ROH fans, maybe it's all unironically) and such, that is fucking dumb.

Foggy

Until Hiromu coasts by with cat silliness then it's not worth having a second thought about. I'm sure it's obnoxious listening to all the LOL CAT FUNNY stuff but it's at least keeping him relevant while Kushida does his token defenses before they return to the rivalry. Once he does a sunset flip powerbomb, the cat stuff will be irrelevant.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Because I don't like Naito or Braun or Miz

Good one.

By the way you ready to tell me still that Tye wasn't anything but a chant?
Tye is absolutely nothing. As expected, honestly. It took him forever to get called up.

Zach

I'm not looking past the greatest challenge of my faux faux sports career this Thursday against Biggest-Geek-Ever. Thank you.

I will say that I do agree with the idea that Hiromu's character has definitely changed with the presence of Daryl. Prior to it, while he had the title and the lead up to him winning it, he came off as more "unhinged dangerous". After losing the title, Daryl has been a part of his character being portrayed as more "funny crazy" than any sort of danger. I mean hell, they had him get dropped in one shot like an idiot by Ospreay a few weeks ago.

I still like Hiromu a lot, but it's definitely a less appealing character IMO.

Foggy

If there's one thing Dump Matsumoto could do it was generating some serious HEAT

This Dump Matsumoto/Chigusa Nagayo hair vs hair match is bedlam

Top Bottom