• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a big fan of a barebones, no frills OP. Just like WCW in 1993. No frills.

Sephzilla

dmczaf should be your focus, he lives there. And so does Ryback.

Damn :( DM post if you're ok

Should have dedicated October to all the times wrestlers were destroyed with mindgames

hogan-mirror.gif

You mean it isnt!?

Anth0ny

how many gimmicks did the house have? fireplace, walk-in closet, etc?

the whole 9 yards, brother. custom built closer organizer, custom entertainment centre, by GAWD what a house.

Congratulations.

As stated previously, please don't be like Suzuki and take being a lonely warrior tonight too far with this paycheck.

a nuru massage WAS on the list, just under "a bunch of sega saturn games"

Fox318

Really? That was the line, "brother"?
I was watching with some people trying to explain that wrestling can be great.

That spot they looked at me and said "why do you watch this shit?"

Then Brock and Goldberg at least made them say it could be good sometimes.

Hasney

I was watching with some people trying to explain that wrestling can be great.

That spot they looked at me and said "why do you watch this shit?"

Then Brock and Goldberg at least made them say it could be good sometimes.

Oh, fair enough. I wouldn't watch wrestling with people who aren't into it unless it was something I'd seen before. "Anything can happen in the WWE" isn't a good thing anymore.

WITW60.2.gif

2 spooky 4 me.

Fuck. I scrubbed this from memory.

the whole 9 yards, brother. custom built closer organizer, custom entertainment centre, by GAWD what a house.

a nuru massage WAS on the list, just under "a bunch of sega saturn games"

Im pretty sure I told my story of honestly accidently getting a lonely warrior massage before.

The advice I give to anyone going to a massage parlour in a city is, when asked "are you here for business or pleasure?" dont assume they mean your reason for being in the city. When you answer "both", because I was working in the city and went to a concert, the outcome can be an awkward surprise.

Im pretty sure I told my story of honestly accidently getting a lonely warrior massage before.

The advice I give to anyone going to a massage parlour in a city is, when asked "are you here for business or pleasure?" dont assume they mean your reason for being in the city. When you answer "both", because I was working in the city and went to a concert, the outcome can be an awkward surprise.
Did you accept your happy ending?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all gotta let Stro go.

He's free now. Legitimately shaking his way through Wrassleworld.

More observations from my 96-watch through:

Steiners are so over, it's insane how much they're loved. I also never realized that Scott was already so juiced up

Macho was definitely looking slimmer than his WWF run, so his bulk up is even more pronounced

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
More observations from my 96-watch through:

Steiners are so over, it's insane how much they're loved. I also never realized that Scott was already so juiced up

Macho was definitely looking slimmer than his WWF run, so his bulk up is even more pronounced

Scott was massive, but man that visual overhaul really drove it all home.

Lets no longer talk about banned forum members who actively contributed to how toxic this community used to be.

no more legitshook jiffs, either.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all ready for how hard Kebbins is gonna hit that ground? Mankind-esque levels of THUMP. It's gonna be gnarly and bad.

Sephzilla

Y'all ready for how hard Kebbins is gonna hit that ground? Mankind-esque levels of THUMP. It's gonna be gnarly and bad.

They'll probably have an air cushion rigged up under the announce table like they did when Shane went off the cell. That is assuming KO doesn't miss the target.

ALTERNATIVELY

I could see KO setting up Shane on top of a table, climbing up the Cell, acting like he's about to jump off..... only to climb back down the cage and then give Shane a standing elbow drop

Ed Leslie as the Booty Man is atrocious and hilarious on so many levels. He keeps thinking he's getting over with the fans but it's just the fans cheering on Arn

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I could see KO setting up Shane on top of a table, climbing up the Cell, acting like he's about to jump off..... only to climb back down the cage and then give Shane a standing elbow drop

I'd love this forever if it happened.

Ed Leslie as the Booty Man is atrocious and hilarious on so many levels. He keeps thinking he's getting over with the fans but it's just the fans cheering on Arn

yeah, that's a dark area..

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's just been really fun to look back on an era you loved and see all the more obvious faults and flaws in the product, like Ed Leslie and Jim Duggan

I never, ever gave Duggan any shit because he reminds me of my uncle, a lot.

He was real bad in late WCW. I know. But I will pretend to have not seen him there.

I tip-toed into that Curb Your Enthusiasm thread to see if people are liking the new season. It seems they are. Looking forward to watching it soonish.

I'm still on the tail end of S1. It's funny so far, but it looks like it was shot on a handheld camcorder.

Tagyhag

WITW60.2.gif

2 spooky 4 me.

Oh my goodness, I mean, it's stupid no matter what.

But why in the everloving fuck would Vince think handing the creepy ghost child a handheld microphone, instead of just hiding one in his robe, is the right thing to do?

It's like if the Grudge girl followed you around while you're on the bus, but she had to pay the fare first.

Fox318

Man listening to the lapsed fan go into the mindset and the thinking of Vince and HHH back then really helps understand his mindset today.

Top Bottom