• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

Sophia ;_;

Guess the cat's out of the bag. I ain't got shit. I'm an ordinary villager. I've been trying to lay low so I wouldn't become an easy scum target. If there was any chance that I was a god or a neutral, I was hoping that they would avoid me; I assumed there would be consequences if you tried to lynch a god. Guess not, though.

Also, what else was I supposed to do? I've never played this game, I had no idea how to play it effectively, and I didn't have any way to protect myself power wise.

I sent Sophia a message claiming as such, because I know she's pretty much confirmed town at this point and I figured I wasn't gonna be able to avoid it for much longer anyway. I'm saying it now because I feel like we're at the point in the game where there is strength in numbers. It's getting down to the wire, and a mislynch could cost us. I probably should have said something earlier, in hindsight ;_;

Sophia

Sorry, but with a message like that, there was no way I wasn't going to try and get answers out of you. Otherwise I'd be stuck in WIFOM hell trying to figure out if you legitimately believed that, or if you said that to try and convince me. That's why I kept pressuring you with questions whenever you popped up, because I had a hunch you'd answer them.

However, nothing I said was a lie, including my earlier reads. You answered the questions in a way that are making me town read you currently, so when Zipped popped up saying you might be scum, I wanted to hear his reasoning.

Swamped

Banned
Thanks Dragonz. I thought that was what Sophia was getting at. Ordinary is the perfect claim for scum however, but I see your reasoning for claiming the way you did. Might have to revisit this next day phase.

Not many replies to my post. Don't think it's fair to vote now, when people may not have seen my posts. I'll vote tomorrow morning.

Sophia

Thanks Dragonz. I thought that was what Sophia was getting at. Ordinary is the perfect claim for scum however, but I see your reasoning for claiming the way you did. Might have to revisit this next day phase.

Not many replies to my post. Don't think it's fair to vote now, when people may not have seen my posts. I'll vote tomorrow morning.

Specifically, I think it's a worth a visit should OceanicAir flip anything other than regular townie, regardless of alignment. Vice versa too should Dragonz flip.

I don't think either of these scenarios will occur tho.

Looking over the last couple pages with Splinter/OA/Seath

Splinter, most the my questions can be answered with his defense post it seems.
Question for OA is still out there, will see his response.
Seath is Seath.

I find it odd that your ability still went to zipped even with a LR. Splint's claim makes sense since he targets the post of a player instead of a player themselves. But yours targets a player. That is true about targets not being yours since you would have to have two actions at night.

Panda, thoughts on the above?

*Splinter

only problem is it doesn't really answer any questions with the Seath/OA/Splint triangle going on.
This isn't a triangle Zeke. There is Splinter v Ocean, and there is Seath. If we (fail to) lynch Seath today then tomorrow we go through this all over again. That's part of why I'm so against a Seath lynch.

*Splinter

Dragonz, people always get accused of "coasting", it's not a big deal. Whether you're town or scum you've played fine, so don't worry about it.

I think voting Seath is the wrong choice.

Sure he has been a pain in our ass, but what if he is actually a god? We've wasted a day and tomorrow we get to start this all over again with at least one of us gone!

Let's just go after scum now and start whittling down their team?

Sophia ;_;

Guess the cat's out of the bag. I ain't got shit. I'm an ordinary villager. I've been trying to lay low so I wouldn't become an easy scum target. If there was any chance that I was a god or a neutral, I was hoping that they would avoid me; I assumed there would be consequences if you tried to lynch a god. Guess not, though.

Also, what else was I supposed to do? I've never played this game, I had no idea how to play it effectively, and I didn't have any way to protect myself power wise.

I sent Sophia a message claiming as such, because I know she's pretty much confirmed town at this point and I figured I wasn't gonna be able to avoid it for much longer anyway. I'm saying it now because I feel like we're at the point in the game where there is strength in numbers. It's getting down to the wire, and a mislynch could cost us. I probably should have said something earlier, in hindsight ;_;

If you are ordinary (which I don't believe I think you are on the scum team), then you've played fine. I'm metagaming a bit, but I still think you are on the scum team. If you are on scum team, your playing great! Just you got caught, but a ton of people believe you (so that's good)

Either way our first Mafia game is always a learning experience, and being under pressure is almost always part of it.

▶

CwiNzUX.gif

584E9sr.gif

I'm not in favor of a Seath or Splinter vote. Ideally, I'd prefer Kyan or Swamped, but OA is acceptable too.

I find it odd that your ability still went to zipped even with a LR. Splint's claim makes sense since he targets the post of a player instead of a player themselves. But yours targets a player. That is true about targets not being yours since you would have to have two actions at night.

Well, first my ability only works with the people that have view or protect, which appears to be only Crimson and Zipped. Second, my ability was already done and resolved halfway through the night. Royal said he set it up this way so that the people I was contacting would have enough time to take my option into account. So by the time the lightning rod does its thing, at the end of the night, it's already too late to change anything about what my ability did.

Are we all going to wait until the last possible moment for a vote? Outside of oceanic I'm sure most of scum are waiting until then for maximum swing.

Or we can just vote to evict oceanic or kyan now.

Swamped

Banned
I think voting Seath is the wrong choice.

Sure he has been a pain in our ass, but what if he is actually a god? We've wasted a day and tomorrow we get to start this all over again with at least one of us gone!

Let's just go after scum now and start whittling down their team?

That's a good point. Still, there is too high of a possibility that he was regular scum playing a gambit. I mean look, he's pretty much untouchable right now and that really rubs me the wrong way. That's not the way a townie behaves. It's not the end of the world if we end on a no lynch again, but we did yesterday, haven't caught scum yet, and we really need some flips. So I get it. I don't want to let Seath off easy though. Remember, he had a god-killing dream, but claimed God. I'm leaning towards him not being a God. Additionally, he voted Splinter today. I have a problem with this because (1) I kinda believe Splinter right now and (2) this really feels like a wasted vote. He knows that votes today are limited.

I really really really want to vote Seath. But Splinter already had a vote for OA down. UGHHH What should I do?

VOTE: OceanicAir

It would be really bad if scum tie this if I voted for Seath, especially if there are 4 scum (this is if both OA and Seath are town, if not then they cant tie it if I voted for Seath). I can't vote for Seath now, but I urge you all to look at him next day phase.

The votes today should be very telling.

I really don't, that's why I asked if you wanted to vote splinter. Which you didn't answer.

Do you want to vote splinter, or is there someone else you want to vote more?
You asked if I wanted vote Splint, I said I wanted to vote Seath. Figured that answered the question. I would like to vote Seath more, but it may just be me overthinking it.

Question, why have you never questioned splinter? Maybe some D3 stuff is clouding my judgement on him. But you have never considered him scummy even when he has admitted to acting so. I was gonna comment on it when you made the post about him mentioning the benefits for town and scum in his posts.

Are we all going to wait until the last possible moment for a vote? Outside of oceanic I'm sure most of scum are waiting until then for maximum swing.

Or we can just vote to evict oceanic or kyan now.

Im dropping my vote in about 1.5 hrs.I have to leave then and won't be back by deadline.

Sophia

It's a hard choice to decide where to vote. Kyan is rubbing me the wrong way, and it seems a number of people are interested in solving this Seath/OA/Splinter mess. I wanna hear Kyan defend himself first, but we'll see.

I may just vote with Zipped too, depending on how strong of a push he can make for his vote.

Kyanrute

Defend against what? You all have anything specific against me, something else than the usual "he rubs me the wronk way!" or the "verily scummy does he seem like!". If you have some concerns / posts / things I said that you want clarification about, feel free to post them while I write up the whyisItown-post.

Defend against what? You all have anything specific against me, something else than the usual "he rubs me the wronk way!" or the "verily scummy does he seem like!". If you have some concerns / posts / things I said that you want clarification about, feel free to post them while I write up the whyisItown-post.

Still feel that way, Kyan?

I agree Sophia, I want to see how Kyanrute comes out and defends this accusation.
Zipp you didnt bother to answer my question

Question, why have you never questioned splinter? Maybe some D3 stuff is clouding my judgement on him. But you have never considered him scummy even when he has admitted to acting so. I was gonna comment on it when you made the post about him mentioning the benefits for town and scum in his posts.

Sophia

How do you feel about Ezekel now? You had him as someone who was on your 'list", do still feel that way? What about OA, Dragonz, and Swamped? Do you still feel Dragonz belongs there after the recent exchange above? Who are you leaning towards voting?

There's not any particularly hard arguments from you, and that bothers me. So give me some hard arguments why you're not scum and why you felt the way about these people.

Taking a friend out of town so won't be back by deadline.This will be my last post this day phase.
Vote: OceanicAir

A part of this may be because I don't like his reactions anytime someone calls him out. Usually involves mentioning something shitty the poster did for w/e reason."You question that when you blah blah blah". There is also the post 1612. And he has yet to answer my question in post 1627.

Splinter
Any scumminess or lies he is caught in are conveniently wiped away with his "had to appear scummy" thing in his defense post. I still think there is some substance in my case against him, but that could be me tunneling more or me still being salty about D3. Will read Zipped's reply to my question about him later. Maybe that will make me feel better. Although questionable and convenient, his role claim could be here. Very descriptive and breadcrumbing on D1. But breadcrumbing fake claims D1 and having descriptive role reveals aren't anything new for scum. (TheGoddamn PW Mafia)

Zipp you didnt bother to answer my question

However, I did question him, and if it wasn't a one vote day I would have thrown a vote on him earlier. Splinter made terrible choices on which posts to check. Especially the one on day 2. However from his other days, despite his terrible choice on Darryl day 2 I have been in agreement on lynch targets and theories. We have been wrong but I have agreed with him. That's why I think he is less scummy. He has an outside shot at scum, but I think he is just misguided town at this point.

Kyanrute, your right I have mostly circumstantial evidence on scumminess. Now I know not many of us can post as much as splinter or Sophia. And we have largely the same post number, it just feels like you are making more of an effort today than previous days. That to me screams "hey we are going to win". Best foot forward let's not get lynched for skating.

I have a sinking feeling both Oceanic and Splinter are town. It's hard rationalizing Oceanic's early vote as scummy. No way he tells scum chat that he's going to make such a gambit to squander their advantage.

As for Splinter, his claim and defence is too elaborate to be made up. Unless he's a scum cop I can't see any reason why he could be scum. His role went to waste and his reads haven't been great, but no one on town can say they've done better.

Seath should be off the table. We can't risk a no-lynch by voting for him. If he's scum we'll eventually get him. If he's a god someone should be able to conjure something to deal with him later.

I would be fine with a Kyanrute vote. Or Swamped. Dragonz seems more sincere, but that doesn't mean anything.

However, at this point it should be either Splinter or Oceanic. I think we've had 4/12 votes so far? Unless we can unanimously agree on a third target, it's too risky to split the votes.

*Splinter

Splinter
Any scumminess or lies he is caught in are conveniently wiped away with his "had to appear scummy" thing in his defense post.
Just want to say I don't intend for "acting scummy" to be a blanket defense to absolve me (or anyone) of all guilt. I was talking about more obvious things like defending Gorlak or some of the more inflammatory or unhelpful posts I make.

Things like attacking Sophia (when she was already confirmed) and the rest of day 3 were just bad play, there was no clever reasoning behind them.

Maybe "acting scummy" is putting it too strongly even, it's more just allowing people's doubts of me to linger and spread. If I was to post as actively as I do while being on my best behaviour and kissing the right butts I'd probably end up on most people's town lists - and be NK'd early as a result.

Kevyt

I had a dream last night where I was going back and forth in between reading the posts and coming up with a list of reads, when all of a sudden I go into Skype and Dragonz says she's scum, lol.

Then the game ends, and it is revealed that she was indeed scum.

I just found that funny and interesting.

-------------

Yeah, I voted for *Splinter, and I have no regrets even if he flips town.

Sorry Splinter!

Most likely he won't get lynched today, and OA might. Yet if OA flips town then that's another huge loss for us.

Kyanrute

I have a sinking feeling both Oceanic and Splinter are town. It's hard rationalizing Oceanic's early vote as scummy. No way he tells scum chat that he's going to make such a gambit to squander their advantage.

As for Splinter, his claim and defence is too elaborate to be made up. Unless he's a scum cop I can't see any reason why he could be scum. His role went to waste and his reads haven't been great, but no one on town can say they've done better.

Seath should be off the table. We can't risk a no-lynch by voting for him. If he's scum we'll eventually get him. If he's a god someone should be able to conjure something to deal with him later.

I would be fine with a Kyanrute vote. Or Swamped. Dragonz seems more sincere, but that doesn't mean anything.

However, at this point it should be either Splinter or Oceanic. I think we've had 4/12 votes so far? Unless we can unanimously agree on a third target, it's too risky to split the votes.

Rawr. Why do gods get a freebie to say whatever they want, without explaining themselves. Rawr.

I think we're at 5/12 votes, with 2 on Splinter, 3 on OA. If there's still scum left in the unvoted (very likely), then it might be hard to successfully launch a new bandwagon on Kyanrute if he's scum.

*snip*

*snip*

You must be Peripseros

While I wait for my coffee to kick in, here's a list of players and their top scum:

[m] Lone_Prodigy
[m] EzekelRAGE - OA
[m] Giant Panda - Kyan, Swamped, Dragonz
[f] Sophia - OA, Kyan
[m] Zippedpinhead - Kyan, Dragonz, OA
[m] OceanicAir - Splinter
[f] Swamped - OA, Seath, Kyan
[m] Kyanrute
[f] WhereAreMahDragonz - OA, Splinter, Swamped
[-] Seath - Splinter
[m] *Splinter - Seath, 2 of Swamped, Kyan, Dragonz
[m] Blargonaut

I had a dream last night where I was going back and forth in between reading the posts and coming up with a list of reads, when all of a sudden I go into Skype and Dragonz says she's scum, lol.

Then the game ends, and it is revealed that she was indeed scum.

I just found that funny and interesting.

I knew you liked me, but enough to dream about me? I'm flattered <3

Heavily leaning towards OA, but I dunno atm. I'm gonna pass out soon but I'll stick around to vote at least.

Top Bottom