• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

My ability doesn't really help town at this point and it won't be missed if it's gone. I claimed so that you guys don't waste a lynch on me. Zeke my ability doesn't target so I don't know why you are so concerned about it. Also I didn't need to question splinter because I largely believed him and other posters had already addressed my concerns.

I think it's interesting that OA isn't even trying to play it cool right now, which actually seems a bit tiny. His inability to defend himself seems scummy though. I don't consider his questioning of Zipped helpful.

Why does OA just come in, post, and disappear?

Frankly when the day started I was thinking Splinter was more scummy than OA, but it's now looking like the reverse.

Looking more at the post, at list 2 ppl jumped up the rankings for him. He didn't bother to go into more detail about it for some reason, just left it hanging there. Who are the couple and what made them jump? Sophia is confirmed and Splinter was already at the top of his list. So I guess ppl who didn't mention his vote?

I thought of another reason my ability can't be targets. How would Zipped still have received my message if my ability had been lightning roded to Feng?

I thought of another reason my ability can't be targets. How would Zipped still have received my message if my ability had been lightning roded to Feng?

I find it odd that your ability still went to zipped even with a LR. Splint's claim makes sense since he targets the post of a player instead of a player themselves. But yours targets a player. That is true about targets not being yours since you would have to have two actions at night.

Kevyt

I'm all for voting Seath out today (that would be me) but there's just one important piece of information that I need to share with you all today.

*zips on alcohol*
giphy.gif

I'm actually not Peripseros.

I was trying to play a gambit for different things:

1) Be targeted at night by scum
2) Confuse scum
3) Draw out the real Periscope

Point number three being the most important followed by point number 1, or at least see who would believe my claim and who wouldn't.

I firmly believe that Periscope knows their followers and vice versa, and isn't actually neutral. Or even if Periscope is neutral, he/she/they/it would know who his/her/their followers are.

I was right about there being a role that could remove a god (in this case, the person becoming the god him/her/they/self).

I think the game is at a gridlock.However, I am leaning in casting my vote for OceanicAir. He has been cruising and driving by, but I won't vote just yet.

This reveal shouldn't be much of a surprise to scum.

We have Periscope and three Peri followers. I am confident in this. They control four votes.

I've been looking closely at the people who suggested I should be lynched to prove if my claim was right, and the people that just went with it and believed that I was indeed Peri, and I can make some conclusions about it. I think we can also draw out some conclusions too, and move forward.

Lastly, I realized that my gambit didn't work.

Please don't hate me.

shm.gif

Kyanrute

I firmly believe that Periscope knows their followers and vice versa, and isn't actually neutral. Or even if Periscope is neutral, he/she/they/it would know who his/her/their followers are.

We have Periscope and three Peri followers. I am confident in this. They control four votes.

Very specific. What makes you so confident?

1) Be targeted at night by scum
2) Confuse scum
3) Draw out the real Periscope

Point number three being the most important followed by point number 1, or at least see who would believe my claim and who wouldn't.

I was right about there being a role that could remove a god (in this case, the person becoming the god him/her/they/self).

Why do you assume they know each other? LP says they don't, or at least has reason enuff to believe they dont. Also if this is true then 1,2,3 wouldve never worked.
3, Why would it draw out the real Peri?

Chosen One - The chosen one's role was revealed D1, so what does that have to do with nething?

Also for this to be a gambit, you sure didn't mind taking your time in revealing it. Instead just used it to lay low. Why not stop the ruse when you found out votes can't be removed?

I've been looking closely at the people who suggested I should be lynched to prove if my claim was right, and the people that just went with it and believed that I was indeed Peri, and I can make some conclusions about it. I think we can also draw out some conclusions too, and move forward.

Continue with the conclusions?

Kevyt

Because, if LP isn't really Komena then of course he would say that.

If Fengshuifever was Komena all along, you know what that means.

Kevyt

Seath, explain your vote logic to me at the end of day 3. Especially when it looked like you tried to force a tie.

Whatever happened, I wanted to vote Lone_Prodigy. All the other votes were just placeholders.

In fact, right after the day ended, I voted for Lone_prodigy (even though it didn't count and almost got mod killed for continuing to post after the day ended).

Sophia

Whatever happened, I wanted to vote Lone_Prodigy. All the other votes were just placeholders.

In fact, right after the day ended, I voted for Lone_prodigy (even though it didn't count and almost got mod killed for continuing to post after the day ended).

So your intent was always to force a vote onto Lone Prodigy? That makes it sound like you had suspicion that he was a God to begin with...?

Kevyt

So your intent was always to force a vote onto Lone Prodigy? That makes it sound like you had suspicion that he was a God to begin with...?

A scum suspect, but I didn't know he was a god.

Anyways, I am willing to believe OceanicAir over Splinter.

If I'm wrong about this one, then so be it.

Vote: *Splinter

Kevyt

Are you fucking kidding me right now?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

NOPE!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ɐıɥdoS

Wow. You know if Splinter flips town that doesn't bode well for Seath and Oceanic, right?

Maybe that's a good thing then.

Neither have posted in between your time between those two posts. What changed your mind on OA to vote Splinter?

The dream.

*Splinter

Seath is trying to get lynched. This also comes just as people started to pick apart Ocean's post.

If Seath wants us to lynch Seath, that's exactly what I'm not going to do.

Sophia

Hmm.... well.... we have the option of lynching Splinter (even though I'm town leaning him) to confirm Seath and OceanicAir. If he's town, they're obviously scum. Drawback is I'm leaning town on him, and I can't help but feel this is a ploy to get us to lynch him....

Or we could lynch Seath. Lynch All Liars and all that. Drawback is if he's really the God and is lying again it'll result in a no-lynch.

Or stick to the course and lynch OceanicAir, because he has seemingly disappeared again now that we started asking him hard hitting questions. I want to believe he's town, but his early vote, outbursts, and inability to seemingly stay around and continuously fight for his point like other townies isn't helping his case.

Lots of options... but which one is right?

How are gods removed?

A three word spell receiveed in a dream.

I hear ya on the inactives/coasters OA. It was my biggest issue with Splinter's claim that so many people just sat on the sidelines while only a few people questioned him.

But you have time to make a defense now, and I'm very interested in hearing it. Ideally without the anger, but I'll take what I can get. What do think of Blarg? Besides Splinter, who else would you lynch today?
It's questions like the bolded which is why I'm so upset, I already mentioned here who I thought was scummy.
Day 1
I vote for Crimson, why? I thought he was acting shady. You thought he was thought he was acting shady.
Day 2
I vote for Zipped, why? Because he let loose with town PR actions. What did we gain from that? Effectively a doc claim. The activate issue didn't alleviate my fears anyways, don't forget I backed off before Zipped got the intuition.
Day 3
I vote for Splinter, why? Because he spent the previous 3 Days not lynching town and being really aggressive about it. He later admits to purposefully acting scummy to stay alive to use his role in the absolutely most useless way.

Day 4
Tired of all of Splinter's mislynches, I put a vote on him, why? Because he was going to lead another crusade and this was the way I'd let people know I'm done with that. Besides for some reason that got him to claim, why didn't he do it at day start?

Blarg is ex-Feng who I never really wanted put into the confirmed town category regardless of role, but he is still more or less town to me.

Updated list sans Splinter:
Giant Panda: His role seems so completely unnecessary to town it bothers me so much. What's the point of hiding your power and letting us randomly speculate? He hasn't exactly done anything to help town either.

Swamped; Hasn't ever given me a reason to switch my thoughts since Day 1. I get shades of the live mafia game I played with her.

Dragonz: Has come alive this phase! Maybe it's due to an increase in availability though.
I'm here.
Oceanic- you are on my scum list because of your voting pattern/ reads day 2 and 3. I didn't agree with you, and it seemed like you were tunneling on a townie to me.

*splinter - I have posted a bunch on why I think who and which posts you "checked" were not what I would have done at all. Brought you down significantly on my town read list (I.e. Closer to scum)
Ah, thank you!

I tunneled on you because of how you used your actions, I tunneled on Splinter because he lynched FEP who I thought was town and went after LP (who I'll admit is of ambiguous alignment), Splinter has been tunneling non-mafia all game long, how is he any better? He is not adverse to spending a lot of time on a post for no reason either. He tunneled FEP, who turned out to be town, so why is tunneling against you a mark against me? My reads against you and Crimson might have been wrong, but my reads didn't include FEP/Darryl (who I thought was wrong to lynch) so they aren't all bad.

So defend yourself Ocean, or at least make a case against someone else. Your earlier post asked me to do the work for you. This post just throws shit in any direction. Are you accusing me here? Zeke? Sophia?

Where was this "frustration" before your life was on the line?
It was there in the post I did at the start of the day, before my life was on the line. But yes, you're still scummy to me, Ezekel hasn't really done much to make me feel good about his alignment either.

No one is stopping you from posting or defending yourself? Seems like all you have been doing is whining.

For instance I addressed you and you decided to ignore the posts.
c9a5a9e7ad3c29fdcf590525d18bf119.png

You can't ignore or cheery pick posts you answer to and then complain about ppl not addressing you.
============
Top 3 scum
Seath - Obvious reasons
OA or Splinter - One or the other. Timing of splints claim was convienient. OA reactions to posts, complaining, early vote. They've been "at it" to the point with both can't be town.
GP - Possibly has something to do with targets ability. Didn't really question Splint's claim.
Kyan - I stated earlier, he seems town one post, then scummy the next. Been ok with recent posts though.
====================

Also swamped was pose to give us a big post of something at some point right?
Complaining because people more often than not just say I'm scummy, full stop. No reasons given, how the hell am I to defend myself? Also, most of the reasons are that I disagreed with town that has mislynched all day. I stated why I voted the way I did through out the game. And other people decline to answer the questions I put in my posts.

Eh, I had the post to respond written and it got erased.

Looking back at OA's vote. Only LP/Soph/Splint responded. So how/who couldve jumped up the rankings?

It's really not only that responses to the immediate vote, it's people's reactions after. People started to have opinions when they have been incredibly vague before.

Dragonz jumped up my rankings, Kyan too.

Situations are not the same.All mafia were killed in Ace Attorney. We are looking for a group not one person, everyone hasn't been confirmed, etc.

Wording on this is weird. When did we find 1 mafia to make you say "go look for other mafia". I guess you could mean Seath? But you were talking about yourself. *shrug*

You didn't finish the sentence?

Continue?

Anything you want to say about the supposed dream you had?

You didn't know that scum was dead and you spent ages trying to lynch each other. And there is absolutely no proof that we both have to be scum, town has gone after town all game long! Look at the Darryl/FEP lynch, they both voted for each other!

That sentence was if you were somewhat sure that you thought that I was mafia, to reconsider because there are other (better!) targets (because you're wrong!)

The continuation of that post was essentially more of the same ranting about people misusing their role powers.

Still no more dreams, still a 3 word spell needed.

If something is left unanswered let me know, I made this post in an incredibly confusing fashion.

Hmm.... well.... we have the option of lynching Splinter (even though I'm town leaning him) to confirm Seath and OceanicAir. If he's town, they're obviously scum. Drawback is I'm leaning town on him, and I can't help but feel this is a ploy to get us to lynch him....

Or we could lynch Seath. Lynch All Liars and all that. Drawback is if he's really the God and is lying again it'll result in a no-lynch.

Or stick to the course and lynch OceanicAir, because he has seemingly disappeared again now that we started asking him hard hitting questions. I want to believe he's town, but his early vote, outbursts, and inability to seemingly stay around and continuously fight for his point like other townies isn't helping his case.

Splinter - Says Seath is Peri and hesitant to lynch him, only did the post to draw fire away from OA. We would have to assume how long it wouldve took him to come up with that post. Convenient role claim.
OA - No one else has gotten a dream(Seath still up in air), other reasons I listed.
Seath - Claims Peri was gambit, voted Splinter because his dream confirms OA.

Splinter lynch could tell us about Seath/OA. But risk losing a more active poster. Would have scum with either Seath and/or OA.

OA Lynch - Could shed light on Seath reveal? Idk, Seath could still be god and did this cuz he knows OA is town? May be overthinking.

Seath Lynch - Would determine if he was god or not. Will tell us whether his reason for voting Splinter was town aligned thinking. Would confirm dream, which give credit to OA?(Still dont know y he was sure scum got dream.) Would give OA the opportunity and time to better explain himself?

First two options, you would still have to deal with Seath the next day phase and his "gambit". Seath seems like the lynch with the least risk?

Sophia

I see your post, OA. Give me a moment to fully read over it, as I have a headache, but I'm glad you posted it.

And yeah I'm kind of tired of dealing with Seath. I think we should lynch him and get it over with. If he doesn't die, we've found our other God. If he does die, we can use the information to potentially semi-confirm OA or Splitner?

What does everyone else think?

Still no more dreams, still a 3 word spell needed.
You have 1 word in the spell and I guess possibly the other? Wonder if it is possible someone received the dream/spell and died the same night.

You didn't know that scum was dead and you spent ages trying to lynch each other.
Yes we did, it was in the flavor for SJ's death. We knew we were looking for a neutral. There is no Ascetic Bulletproof Serial Killer Alignment Cop with dead Town Backup Cop Sister in this game. Nothing is similar between the two games, can we stop bringing it up?

I don't want your town points.

Can I have a cookie tho?

pffft

your loss

My Town points are of the highest quality and craftsmanship

All you need to do is oh-so kindly assist me by stating what all the current Role-claims are on the table at the moment

I don't need the confirmed lynch- or kill-flips, I just wanna know what other claims we got to deal with right now

even the REDACTED ones like Seath's

A three word spell receiveed in a dream.

TY

Would you kindly direct me to the original post in which you stated this detail

I'm not so sure a Seath vote is better than a *splinter/oceanic one.

Why are these three our top priority when we have Dragonz and swamped skating by?

I'll gladly eat my dinner if cookies are dessert!

This game has got to make spec thread heads hurt from all the shaking. I'm sure of it

What hard hitting questions have been asked anyway? "Who do I think is scum?" "Where was this "frustration" before your life was on the line?"

Hardly an interrogation

As to why I drop a post and leave, I have other things to do. So I see a post, start a response. Check if there are any new posts, then if so add it my on-going post. Until I feel it gets to unwieldy, then I post it rinse and repeat. Which is why most of my posts are so long. And what's the point of spending all my time fighting you guys if you lynch the people continuously fighting anyways? Does anybody even get any info from these mislynches?

On a side note, are people being serious, you're saying me and Seath as scum would vote Splinter? lmao, scum didn't get this far by being that dumb by outing their own team by bussing pre-lylo.

And what's the point of spending all my time fighting you guys if you lynch the people continuously fighting anyways? Does anybody even get any info from these mislynches?
So if you weren't busy, you wouldn't care to defend yourself neway?

Also can I get an example? D1 SS was last minute thing. D2 FEP lied more than anything, D3 Gorlak was mostly defending himself. So I guess that leaves Darryl?

Top Bottom