• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

*Splinter

In response to Zipped's recent question:

Seath (unlynchable)
OceanicAir (90%)
and 2 of Swamped, Kyan, Dragonz

Personally I'd struggle to separate Swamped/Kyan/Dragonz at this point, and 1 of them is almost certainly town (by the numbers). I'd rather remove the obvious scum (OA) before tackling this.

Sophia

pffft

your loss

My Town points are of the highest quality and craftsmanship

All you need to do is oh-so kindly assist me by stating what all the current Role-claims are on the table at the moment

I don't need the confirmed lynch- or kill-flips, I just wanna know what other claims we got to deal with right now

even the REDACTED ones like Seath's

Chronological order to the best of my ability.

On Day 1, Gorlak claimed Priestess and that he was X-Shot Doctor/Roleblocker
On Day 1, StarSketch claimed she was a detective PR
On Day 1, StarSketch used the Deicide command on flatearthpandas.
On Day 2, Crimson implied he was the owner of the protect command.
On Day 2, I claimed Gold Cursed
On Day 2, flatearthpandas claimed Supplicant.
On Day 2, flatearthpandas claimed his command
On Day 2, Zipped claimed he had an "obedience" to follow, and that he saw seven actions on me
On Day 2, Gorlak clarified his Priestess role, claimed his aiblities were "Holy Ward (doc-shot) and Sacrament (roleblock-shot)"
On Day 2, Zipped said this regarding his obedience: "Obedience required me to obey or defy an order. Essentially requiring me to PM obey and then perform action. "
On Day 2, Gorlak claimed he also had a vig shot and that the command was "Martyrize"
On Day 2, fengshuifever claimed he was a Lightning Rod and that he used his powers during Night phase 1. Claimed he should have died, but didn't. Command is "Activate"
On Day 2, Zipped claimed he can view commands. He was given the option to obey and use it on me, or "fear wrath and Refuse", he listed the seven commands.
On Day 2, Darryl claimed Dreamweaver, his command was "Invite", and was listed among the commands that Zipped listed.
On Day 2, Gorlak claimed he wouldn't use his Vig shot.
On Day 3, Gorlak claimed he used his Vig shot on Lone Prodigy but that it was redirected
On Day 3, OceanicAir, Feng, and Seath all claimed to have a dream. OA and Seath's dream was apparently about a spell that would kill a God. Spell apparently has three parts and they each received one. Feng's dream was something else; no spell. Each dream was apparently at a different time?
On Day 3, Zipped claimed he got the edict saying that I was town, effectively confirming both of us according to the edict's condition that one townie would confirm another.
On Day 3, Seath claimed to be the evil God.
At the end of Day 3, Lone Prodigy claimed to be the good God, Komera. Successfully confirmed as *a* God when he was unable to be lynched.
On Day 4, Giant Panda claimed he was the Captain and town aligned. Claims he could tell someone to either "view or protect", and that he didn't know who was receiving the orders at first. Claims there is no penalty for disobeying the order. Gave a protect suggestion on Night 2, which never went out as Crimson died.
On Day 4, Splinter claimed that he is an Oracle, a lie detector. You can read everything he said himself, I'm not quoting it.
On Day 4, you subbed in, and implied that Lone Prodgy might not be the God he claims.
On Day 4, Seath claimed he was not the evil God, and that the claim he made was just a gambit to out the real God and get Lone Prodigy lynched.

I think that's everything? If I missed anything someone else can fill in the gaps.

My hand hurts now, I need to stop typing. I'll be back in a few hours. There better be cookies when I get back, Blarg.

Chronological order to the best of my ability.

On Day 1, Gorlak claimed Priestess and that he was X-Shot Doctor/Roleblocker
On Day 1, StarSketch claimed she was a detective PR
On Day 1, StarSketch used the Deicide command on flatearthpandas.
On Day 2, Crimson implied he was the owner of the protect command.
On Day 2, I claimed Gold Cursed
On Day 2, flatearthpandas claimed Supplicant.
On Day 2, flatearthpandas claimed his command
On Day 2, Zipped claimed he had an "obedience" to follow, and that he saw seven actions on me
On Day 2, Gorlak clarified his Priestess role, claimed his aiblities were "Holy Ward (doc-shot) and Sacrament (roleblock-shot)"
On Day 2, Zipped said this regarding his obedience: "Obedience required me to obey or defy an order. Essentially requiring me to PM obey and then perform action. "
On Day 2, Gorlak claimed he also had a vig shot and that the command was "Martyrize"
On Day 2, fengshuifever claimed he was a Lightning Rod and that he used his powers during Night phase 1. Claimed he should have died, but didn't. Command is "Activate"
On Day 2, Zipped claimed he can view commands. He was given the option to obey and use it on me, or "fear wrath and Refuse", he listed the seven commands.
On Day 2, Darryl claimed Dreamweaver, his command was "Invite", and was listed among the commands that Zipped listed.
On Day 2, Gorlak claimed he wouldn't use his Vig shot.
On Day 3, Gorlak claimed he used his Vig shot on Lone Prodigy but that it was redirected
On Day 3, OceanicAir, Feng, and Seath all claimed to have a dream. OA and Seath's dream was apparently about a spell that would kill a God. Spell apparently has three parts and they each received one. Feng's dream was something else; no spell. Each dream was apparently at a different time?
On Day 3, Zipped claimed he got the edict saying that I was town, effectively confirming both of us according to the edict's condition that one townie would confirm another.
On Day 3, Seath claimed to be the evil God.
At the end of Day 3, Lone Prodigy claimed to be the good God, Komera. Successfully confirmed as *a* God when he was unable to be lynched.
On Day 4, Giant Panda claimed he was the Captain and town aligned. Claims he could tell someone to either "view or protect", and that he didn't know who was receiving the orders at first. Claims there is no penalty for disobeying the order. Gave a protect suggestion on Night 2, which never went out as Crimson died.
On Day 4, Splinter claimed that he is an Oracle, a lie detector. You can read everything he said himself, I'm not quoting it.
On Day 4, you subbed in, and implied that Lone Prodgy might not be the God he claims.
On Day 4, Seath claimed he was not the evil God, and that the claim he made was just a gambit to out the real God and get Lone Prodigy lynched.

I think that's everything? If I missed anything someone else can fill in the gaps.

My hand hurts now, I need to stop typing. I'll be back in a few hours. There better be cookies when I get back, Blarg.

CgHToWp.gif

Fantastic.

We will share the glory of this victory together, you and I

TY

brb

*Splinter

Day 3
I vote for Splinter, why? Because he spent the previous 3 Days not lynching town and being really aggressive about it. He later admits to purposefully acting scummy to stay alive to use his role in the absolutely most useless way.
This is dumb. I'm the cop, I have to act a bit scummy or I die early. I used my role to confirm 3 townies, it's hardly my fault that two of them died immediately. Would YOU have guessed Gorlak to die last night?
And if I had managed to hit scum we'd have alignments of more than 3 players. Perhaps if the rest of town had put on a bit more pressure I'd've had some more posts to choose from. We're 3 and a half days in and only just hit the number of posts I usually see in D1.

Also: in the quote above you say you voted me for being aggressive. Later in the post you're crying about town voting off aggressive players...

I could go on, but you all see the difference between this and my claim, right? I have 200+ posts building to my role claim. Lies exist, but have reasons that are explained before they've even been caught, everything else follows a consistent thought process. Meanwhile OA can't maintain his logic for a single post.

This is how you hunt scum.
This is what you lynch for.

VOTE: OceanicAir

Kevyt

This is dumb. I'm the cop, I have to act a bit scummy or I die early. I used my role to confirm 3 townies, it's hardly my fault that two of them died immediately. Would YOU have guessed Gorlak to die last night?
And if I had managed to hit scum we'd have alignments of more than 3 players. Perhaps if the rest of town had put on a bit more pressure I'd've had some more posts to choose from. We're 3 and a half days in and only just hit the number of posts I usually see in D1.

Also: in the quote above you say you voted me for being aggressive. Later in the post you're crying about town voting off aggressive players...

I could go on, but you all see the difference between this and my claim, right? I have 200+ posts building to my role claim. Lies exist, but have reasons that are explained before they've even been caught, everything else follows a consistent thought process. Meanwhile OA can't maintain his logic for a single post.

If you're the cop, why didn't you investigate me?

You have 1 word in the spell and I guess possibly the other? Wonder if it is possible someone received the dream/spell and died the same night.

Yes we did, it was in the flavor for SJ's death. We knew we were looking for a neutral. There is no Ascetic Bulletproof Serial Killer Alignment Cop with dead Town Backup Cop Sister in this game. Nothing is similar between the two games, can we stop bringing it up?

The fact the a word receiver died is entirely possible, I got the message at the beginning of the night phase.

I was going to go in depth to that second part but I'll just I disagree and leave it at that.

So if you weren't busy, you wouldn't care to defend yourself neway?

Also can I get an example? D1 SS was last minute thing. D2 FEP lied more than anything, D3 Gorlak was mostly defending himself. So I guess that leaves Darryl?

No. I'd respond faster perhaps? I've defended myself to the best of my abilities. I haven't lied, drip fed info, or lead mislynches. I've stated who I thought was scummy and why. I disagreed with town decisions (which were wrong) and gave alternate decisions (some of which were wrong, Splinter is still up in the air!). I've been openly critical of how town has used their power roles. I got upset and voted early, if that makes me scummy then so be it.

I don't even know why people besides Zipped/Splinter were on me pre-Day 4 but whatever.

Still don't regret who I voted for though, anybody that purposefully acts scummy to use an action that provided nothing of any substance is really not helpful to town. Add that to the fact that he's been a terrible town leader.

And the continuous defending was off of what Sophia said in her post.

I was making a big deal out of that part of your post because it seemed like scum saying something random to make it look like they have a reason to look at someone else when the heat is on them. Or I guess it's the way you post that made it seem that way anyway.

Also, I do think that a couple others have jumped up my rankings because of my vote.
First it was because of your vote. You italicize because. Ok, so I went and looked at who reacted to your vote. I pointed out that LP/Soph/Splint were the only ones to saying anything about your vote.
It's really not only that responses to the immediate vote,it's people's reactions after. People started to have opinions when they have been incredibly vague before.

Dragonz jumped up my rankings, Kyan too.
Now it is because of the reactions after the immediate vote. Ok so I go look again, specifically for Kyan and Dragon. Since those are the two that jumped up.

OceanicAir votes for Splint at 10:24am said:
[highlght]Vote: *Splinter
Kyan's first post is this:
Cop, doctor, joat, Sophia's thing, lightning rod, chef, edict-preventer, voyeur...

This all seems like a lot to me.
After that, has back and forth with Splint about his role.

Dragonz first post
WhereAreMahDragonz Yesterday 7pm said:
Sorry guys, was working, came home, and went to bed. Just woke up, in the process of catching up.

Dragonz makes another post about who she suspects.
I'm gonna shower and eat and I'll be back.
WhereAreMahDragonz Yesterday 9pm said:
Right now I'm leaning towards Splinter, OA, and Swamped as my top picks.

Splinter being my number one because I don't like his wishy washy posts, especially now that it kinda getting down to the wire. I just...I can't shake the feeling that he's hiding something more than his claim. I don't know. I'm gonna have to read into it more.

Are these the posts you are referring to? (Omitted a post Dragonz made about you since it seems like you made the statement b4 seeing her post)

So Seath, if your not the scum god, then what is your role? You still seem incredibly scummy to me.

OceanicAir is not my first choice for voting today. He has intentionally been calling a fair amount of attention to himself, more than I think most scum would do normally. I would prefer a Kyan, Swamped, or Dragonz lynch. However, now that Splinter already has a vote down on OA I will probably vote him unless he claims what his role is.

I never said that town voted out aggressive players, I said that people that defended themselves did so for no reason since they were lynched. I also said that you were aggressive in how you went about your votes, you declared FEP as scum. LP as scum so confidently and you were wrong. You didn't think it was useful to use your power on someone that could lead to mafia?

You didn't search for anybody suspicious, you thought FEP was suspicious why not look at him? You've been after me all game, why not look at me then? Try to "get more scum" you "cleared" Gorlak who was I said was probably town. Look at Dragonz/Swamped/Giant Panda/Kyan, no you looked at Gorlak. And why search Crimson, you give me grief about going after Crimson the day before and check him yourself?

I really hope we don't split votes between Splinter and OA today. A no-lynch isn't fatal, but it gives us no flips and puts us in the exact same position tomorrow.

I think Seath shouldn't be an option anymore. If he's scum, then good job, he played terribly. If he's a god, we're back to Splinter vs. OA tomorrow.

Kevyt

I really hope we don't split votes between Splinter and OA today. A no-lynch isn't fatal, but it gives us no flips and puts us in the exact same position tomorrow.

I think Seath shouldn't be an option anymore. If he's scum, then good job, he played terribly. If he's a god, we're back to Splinter vs. OA tomorrow.

lol no.

If I was scum, then I have done an absolutely fantastic job. My actions have helped scum more than town. I am beating myself over this, but I knew the risk going with what I went for.

I never said that town voted out aggressive players, I said that people that defended themselves did so for no reason since they were lynched. I also said that you were aggressive in how you went about your votes, you declared FEP as scum. LP as scum so confidently and you were wrong. You didn't think it was useful to use your power on someone that could lead to mafia?

You didn't search for anybody suspicious, you thought FEP was suspicious why not look at him? You've been after me all game, why not look at me then? Try to "get more scum" you "cleared" Gorlak who was I said was probably town. Look at Dragonz/Swamped/Giant Panda/Kyan, no you looked at Gorlak. And why search Crimson, you give me grief about going after Crimson the day before and check him yourself?

Are you going to claim or not? If you're town, you should because it is the only thing that could save you.

I was making a big deal out of that part of your post because it seemed like scum saying something random to make it look like they have a reason to look at someone else when the heat is on them. Or I guess it's the way you post that made it seem that way anyway.

First it was because of your vote. You italicize because. Ok, so I went and looked at who reacted to your vote. I pointed out that LP/Soph/Splint were the only ones to saying anything about your vote.

Now it is because of the reactions after the immediate vote. Ok so I go look again, specifically for Kyan and Dragon. Since those are the two that jumped up.

Kyan's first post is this:

After that, has back and forth with Splint about his role.

Dragonz first post

Are these the posts you are referring to? (Omitted a post Dragonz made about you since it seems like you made the statement b4 seeing her post)

"Because of the vote" means the reactions of players spawned after the vote not just the people who directly responded to the vote. But yeah, pretty much those posts posts from Dragonz and the back and between Splinter, I even said as much.

And Panda, what do you think I am? If I had a power, you think I'd continue to hide it at such a crucial juncture? I'm an Ordinary Villager (remember those?). Now, have I magically turned into publicly cleared town? No. I thought not. What a useless exercise.

Sophia

Guys I sleep during the day, wake up, get food, then go into work. I'm not trying to coast ;_;

Thanks Air Force.

Don't worry about not coasting, just try to contribute when you can. What you posted last night was a step in the right direction, and we need more night posters like that right now.

No. I'd respond faster perhaps? I've defended myself to the best of my abilities. I haven't lied, drip fed info, or lead mislynches. I've stated who I thought was scummy and why. I disagreed with town decisions (which were wrong) and gave alternate decisions (some of which were wrong, Splinter is still up in the air!). I've been openly critical of how town has used their power roles. I got upset and voted early, if that makes me scummy then so be it.
That still doesn't answer the 2nd question I asked
You:
And what's the point of spending all my time fighting you guys if you lynch the people continuously fighting anyways? Does anybody even get any info from these mislynches?

My question:
Also can I get an example? D1 SS was last minute thing. D2 FEP lied more than anything, D3 Gorlak was mostly defending himself. So I guess that leaves Darryl?

Dont remember you answering the question of why you were/are so certain scum got the spell as well? (I may have missed it)

Don't worry about not coasting, just try to contribute when you can. What you posted last night was a step in the right direction, and we need more night posters like that right now.

I'll try. The problem with my job is that I can't be on my phone all the time, but I'll try. Today is my Friday so I'll be on this weekend hopefully.

Some questions to get you started: What do you think of Seath's claim? And what of Splinter/OA's vote feuding?

I'm more inclined to believe Splinter. OA's aggressiveness and agitation does not sit well with me. Splinter's claim makes sense, although I'm not sure if it's a town role.

Seath is annoying me. His whole gambit, if true, did fuck all. All it did was wasted time and distracted the conversation. Was this intentional? One has to wonder.

I dont know if I believe him or not anymore. He has given me no reason to trust him so

Sophia

I'll be here for the end. I'm still undecided. I've heard pretty good arguments for and against the big three (Seath, OceanicAir, and Splinter) tho.

Sophia

Actually, let me throw out another question.

What does everyone think about a Kyanrute lynch?

I'm still reading over his posts (up to where Blarg comes in), but I can't shake the feeling that he's only commenting on stuff that's safe or easy pickings today. Targeting Lone_Prodigy at #1193, some very safe reads at #1195/1196. Comments not on Splinter's roleclaim, but on game balance at #1226, #1248, and #1251 to a degree.

Sophia

OA/Ezekel/dragonz on the shortlist at the moment. Reading you and Swamped again to decide if you two should be excluded or not.

And for the record, the listTM is now OA/dragonz/Swamped with Ezekel as the honorary replacement. The trio is there because I feel out of all the candidates, they have contributed the least to the overall discussion. Something like low-riders, I'd describe. Ezekel does not make it into this group because he is like a hound dog and the argument for him would be that he would be faking it. He seems too eager for that, if scum were faking it, surely they would tone it down a bit.

Hmm... in relation to the above, how does everyone feel about Ezekel too? I've had Ezekel pretty town pegged more or less because he's been very active and putting his opinions out there, and I'm surprised Kyan actually has him here...

Still feel that way, Kyan?

Actually, let me throw out another question.

What does everyone think about a Kyanrute lynch?

I can get behind it, only problem is it doesn't really answer any questions with the Seath/OA/Splint triangle going on. Would prefer to get answer in that before looking elsewhere. But we could just deal with that 2mrw.
============
Kyan's comments on me - With the way I handled the Gorlak situation and turned out being wrong, can't really fault him for the hound comment. About the eager comment, *shrug*. Only showed eagerness in Gorlak lynch I think?

Swamped

Banned
I'm not going to lie, I'm a little overwhelmed by the activity I missed while I was away. So if I have missed any crucial points, or blatantly misunderstood something let me know. I'll try to go into more detail later, and have my vote down tonight since I won't be able to check in tomorrow.

1. Regarding Splinter's claim

I think people are quite harsh. As far as I can see there are no major holes in his claim, sure I may have gone about it differently if I had it. But it's a pretty complex role that hasn't been done in gafia before so no need to make comments like 'he played very poorly'. It is certainly unfortunate that all the people he confirmed died. Is that veering into coincidental? Will have to think about it. The only point I brought up before was that I would have checked Seath's claim, but it seems like Splinter 100% believed it at the time. I like to think I have a Splinter-dar in that I can tell if Splinter is scum or town (since we have played so many games together). He's leaning town to me.

There is one way Splinter's power could be a scum power he is masquerading as a town one, and it wouldn't be that hard to formulate. He could be a scum recruiter looking through posts to find a lost partner.

2. Regarding Blarg's Komena soft-claim

Yeah, I don't believe it for a second. Occam's razor, Feng was a one-shot LR.
I just want to add that his posts have really put a smile on my face, especially since the past few days have been very stressful.

3. Regarding Seath's backtracking

I am for a Seath lynch. Before I thought it was best to keep that for mylo, but it actually doesn't matter one way or another. What he did on D3 was scummy and I can't see why a townie would have claimed as he did, but I can think of several reasons why scum or scum god would. I still think he was trying to draw attention from someone else, and I haven't had a chance to completely re-read D3 yet, but I'll get around to it.

Seath's posts also make me smile though :)

4. Kyan

I got two messages. The first was from Swamped. I do not quite get the message. She asks me to do the Kyan. I am not sure what this means. The second message was from the grand planner Blarg, reminding me of a certain watery canon.

Nothing amazing, but I'd really love to hear what Swamped's message was about.

Interesting.

I did indeed send Kyan a message, I thought it would be an additional way to get a read on him. Nothing clever as such. Any reason you didn't share the whole message Kyan?

WHY DO YOU THINK I AM SCUMMY?

It's just a game OA XD. Having said that, I'm asking you the same question. You have found me scummy since D1, and I have yet to see any reasons that I can actually reply to. Today you said it was because you're getting vibes from me playing scum in live mafia. To me, using previous play as the only scumtell is a scumtell in-and-of itself. On D3 you did address this post to me:

Not a god, Swamped (or mafia), just a lot of speculation, but if we're reading extremely close into words...

Why talk about the possible players so distantly, you've removed Feng because he's pretty close to being confirmed in your eyes. Why not remove yourself too? Because for me this sounds like your saying that there is a 1 in 10 chance of hitting scum from your perspective but I'd personally say I have a 1 in 9 chance because I know I'm town.

This sort of post is reaching extremely far. I've been on your radar since D1, and honestly it feels like you've picked a target (me) and everything I do will be a scumtell to you. It doesn't feel like you are playing with an open mind.

If I assume that Splinter and GP are telling the truth, then the scum team (3, excluding god) is:

Seath
OA
Kyan

There is still some uncertainty here, but I really think the scum team can be fairly easily figured out on D5. For example, I feel Zeke and Dragonz are town, but new evidence may come to light D5.

Additionally, LP could be Pesos as well, if Seath isn't a god. Although...what if Seath was actually K and the only thing LP could claim was K...? LP's claim was very last minute after all. Will have to think through this theory a bit more, but it's not that important anyway since LP is confirmed God.

I'm strongly considering a Seath or OA lynch. Will put down my vote some time tonight. The only reason I would consider not lynching OA is because he has the god-killer spell, unsure if this is a good thing or not.

Swamped

Banned
I just thought of something.

12 players. If we do somehow end up mislynching today then 10 on D5, 4 scum. One of the Komena dictates was a double lynch. What if one of the P dictates is a double kill? If that one is used on D5, then...well actually it doesn't make too much of a difference. Even if there wasn't a double kill and if we mislynched on D5 again, we would lose regardless. And if we hit scum tomorrow (which is more likely than not) and there's a double kill, we will be in lylo D6, that's ok.

Just thinking out loud.

Swamped

Banned
Just remembered that Seath claimed he had a dream on D3, but said he got the dream on N1. Has he explained the reason for this? Please point me if so.

Just remembered that Seath claimed he had a dream on D3, but said he got the dream on N1. Has he explained the reason for this? Please point me if so.

Nope he hasn't explained it at all, but did use it to vote Splinter over OA. Since OA claimed a dream as well.

And I'm just going to put this out there now

I am NOT voting for splinter today.

Or Seath, for what it's worth.

I will post my whole hit list because I think I will die tonight. But I will do it closer to deadline.

Eh I'm bored I will do it now:

Kyanrute (grats on the scum)
Dragonz (Yo)
Oceanicair (duh)
And

Fourth scum team member to be completed and revealed before end of voting.

This busing of splinter is to try and push LYLO or even an outright win depending on remaining Commands and edicts

Sophia

Eh I'm bored I will do it now:

Kyanrute (grats on the scum)
Dragonz (Yo)
Oceanicair (duh)
And

Fourth scum team member to be completed and revealed before end of voting.

This busing of splinter is to try and push LYLO or even an outright win depending on remaining Commands and edicts

Why do you think Dragonz is scum, curiously?

Why do you think Dragonz is scum, curiously?

Best way for a new inactive player to coast is if they are scum and helped along.

It's metagaming but fact.

I just think that of the four people I think are scum (still keeping that last one close to vest) it makes more sense for Dragonz to be scum than for Dragonz not to be scum

Sophia

Best way for a new inactive player to coast is if they are scum and helped along.

It's metagaming but fact.

I just think that of the four people I think are scum (still keeping that last one close to vest) it makes more sense for Dragonz to be scum than for Dragonz not to be scum

So... do you think it'd be metagaming if a new, inactive player, sent me a message saying they were townie, had no power role, and considered themselves useless?

I got a single message, but it was just someone saying they had vanilla ice cream. So it wasn't important.

And what would you think about the fact that they haven't claimed because they wanted to avoid becoming a night kill, despite the presence of many more viable targets for scum to hit then...?

Top Bottom