• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

No scrap that it just doesn't make sense.

We lynch Seath today, he survives, Zipped or Sophia dies overnight and then we have 1 less town voice during the ACTUAL scum hunting.

I haven't seen any benefit to testing his claim now, it seems to be a case of "well he could be lying, let's find out". Besides curiosity there is no reason to do that today.

Ideally he'll be removed by other means before we ever have to test it.

What if we lynch you

Sophia

Yes, all commands where redirected to Feng, which in every game we've ever seen would be the same as Zipped targeting feng directly. The fact that Zipped wanted to target you "shild" be irrelevant.

If it actually worked differently then Flush did it wrong, frankly.

That's a decent argument against lynching Seath then, at any rate.

*Splinter

What are we at, 12 now?

If we lynch a god today, we're still at 12.

Scum kills someone (probably Zipped, I dunno) tonight.

We're at 11 tomorrow. Scum have 4 votes. 6 for majority.

Lynch town. 10, scum NK's us to 9, 5 for majority the next day.
That's the result I got as well. We have 1 mislynch and 1 no lynch remaining. Lynching a god being a no lynch.

If there are any surprise kill abilities left over that could fuck us over:
-no lynch (or hit a god)
-extra kill happens
-Suddenly we can't afford a mislynch (MYLO)

Um excuse you, please back off. We're getting married and she thinks you smell.

1pk68Ur.gif

1. Why?
2. If Blarg were a god your ability would have failed that night.

Number 2 is based on an assumption that the lightning rod was not a targetable command under "activate"

But what if Feng lied... What if the lightning rod ability was A) targetable and B) was the command "absorb".

The command caused target to "absorb" all commands for a night. That would mean I saw the command (which has ALWAYS been my problem with feng's claim) AND it gives credence to blarg's current jockeying for godhood.

*Splinter

Number 2 is based on an assumption that the lightning rod was not a targetable command under "activate"

But what if Feng lied... What if the lightning rod ability was A) targetable and B) was the command "absorb".

The command caused target to "absorb" all commands for a night. That would mean I saw the command (which has ALWAYS been my problem with feng's claim) AND it gives credence to blarg's current jockeying for godhood.
Oh, I'm thick.

If it was ABSORB and actually on another person then we wouldn't know that, so feng could still be a god.

So it's possible, bUT I don't believe it's likely. Trying to see the reason feng would claim as he did, I can't get anything sensible from it.

Also Blarg is no longer jockeying for godhood.

Also you didn't see my CHECK either, so I don't think it's at all unusual that you didn't see the ACTIVATE.

Also also, and I don't have any good reason for this, I don't think gods have night actions apart from their dictates.

*Splinter

Why are we going through these mental gymnastics to change Blarg's role? This feels like such a waste of time.

Blarg can you please just claim?

*Splinter

Who doesn't want me to be a Lightning Rod?
Sophia and Zipped mostly.

...I'm answering these questions hoping that the sooner I get through them the sooner you'll start scum hunting. If they just lead to more questions indefinitely please let me know and I won't bother

Sophia

Sophia and Zipped mostly.

...I'm answering these questions hoping that the sooner I get through them the sooner you'll start scum hunting. If they just lead to more questions indefinitely please let me know and I won't bother

I didn't say anything about him ever not being a Lightning Rod. It's pretty evident that such a thing happened on Day 2. I'm just curious as to if he's only a Lightning Rod or not... :p

*Splinter

Blarg's comment here made me go back through previous posts to see if there was anything of relevance. That was all I found, so I brought it up. Not very significant, but if it was relevant I imagine he would have replied to it by now. :p
Oh, I see

What do you think we should do today Sophia? Have you narrowed your list down at all?

Would consider lynch: Seath, OceanicAir, Splinter, Swamped, Kyanrute, Giant Panda.

Would not lynch: EzekelRage, Dragonz, Blarg.

*Splinter

Can I get a top 3 from you two?

Zeke you probably have posted them recently, but refresh me if you don't mind.

And really it's everyone else I want to hear more from. Suspects please.

Some quick morning reads real fast.

*Splinter - He did a pretty valiant job of defending his role claim when called out on it. When questions were asked, he answered. He explained all his actions. This is actually a pretty good sign in my book. He's really active too, which I suspect scum wouldn't be if they were this late in the game... On the flipside, he's been overly critical of me, and as we've spent the remaining page or two discussing before Blarg came in, his claimed play of his role was pretty questionable.

EzekelRAGE - He's asking all the right questions, and has been a consistent voice of reason and scum hunter since Day 3. He's been relatively helpful and courteous too. I have no reason to suspect he's anything other than town right now.

OceanicAir - His early vote didn't look good. He seems to be popping in and out with some regularity. I could do without the aggressiveness seen in post #1344. If Splinter is cleared as town in any way, he'd be my top scum suspect.

I'm glad that Splinter can clear himself when asked, I really wish somebody would give me a shot. It's also amazing that he can withhold the info like that for about a third of the day phase, why not open up the phase with that? Zipped, you, feng, gorlak, me with the dream, all opened up the phase with the info. Also active scum definitely have the ability to stay alive late and more often than not they are among the active.

Constant voice of reason and scum hunter on Day 3, congrats what a guy! I'm so glad that Royal decided to take the bold and unusual decision to start the game on Day 3 instead of 1! I'm also glad to know that being courteous and kind is a town tell too! Oh wait! He voted Splinter yesterday too! Dang shame I didn't vote for him though, that would be awkward. I just have trouble giving that title to anybody town involved (including me!) because this town has been anything but reasonable.

And your end of day vote on Day 2 didn't look good either, and look how that turned out! There's multiple reasons why I'm upset, nobody has given me a clear definition as to what I have done wrong up to the beginning of Day 4. Why does Splinter get so many chances to lead mislynches though, wasn't FEP enough? wasn't LP enough? But me going after someone who admitted they acted scummy AND used their power in a beyond questionable manner is the worst thing in the world. People can post in gifs, have random conversations about the 100, be incredibly vague on a variety of topics and not contribute at all (Seath, Feng/Blarg, Giant Panda, Dragonz, Swamped I'm looking at you!) But because I've gone in a different direction than the rest of town means I'm scummy? And people are saying I haven't contributed but people who are stuggling to stay above multiple dead people have? There is no info on about a third of the town because they haven't really said anything of any consequence, at least you know where I stand. The double standard is beyond annoying. So I'm probably going to spend the rest of the game annoyed, it's really, truly not fun.

Also, what benefit would I gain from sticking out like a sore thumb? If I'm scum and Splinter is town, I could easily coast by without much problem. It's even more blatantly obvious because nobody has a clue who else could be mafia besides me and Splinter.

Also, for people wondering about how gods are removed, I already told you how that happened.

Sophia

I hear ya on the inactives/coasters OA. It was my biggest issue with Splinter's claim that so many people just sat on the sidelines while only a few people questioned him.

But you have time to make a defense now, and I'm very interested in hearing it. Ideally without the anger, but I'll take what I can get. What do think of Blarg? Besides Splinter, who else would you lynch today?

I'm here.

Oceanic- you are on my scum list because of your voting pattern/ reads day 2 and 3. I didn't agree with you, and it seemed like you were tunneling on a townie to me.

Dragonz - mainly for skating by, l_p skated and got lynched but you have been doing the same thing. The fact that this is such a successful scum tactic means it happens all the time. It's also possible you are just new.

Kyanrute - maybe it's a holdover from last game but I'm getting the same vibes when I read your posts the past few days as I did last game.

Others:

Giant panda - only cleared from scum by the "why reveal if you are scum". What purpose did the reveal serve. Especially since you already knew who I was.

*splinter - I have posted a bunch on why I think who and which posts you "checked" were not what I would have done at all. Brought you down significantly on my town read list (I.e. Closer to scum)

*Splinter

So defend yourself Ocean, or at least make a case against someone else. Your earlier post asked me to do the work for you. This post just throws shit in any direction. Are you accusing me here? Zeke? Sophia?

Where was this "frustration" before your life was on the line?

*Splinter

I'm here.

Oceanic- you are on my scum list because of your voting pattern/ reads day 2 and 3. I didn't agree with you, and it seemed like you were tunneling on a townie to me.

Dragonz - mainly for skating by, l_p skated and got lynched but you have been doing the same thing. The fact that this is such a successful scum tactic means it happens all the time. It's also possible you are just new.

Kyanrute - maybe it's a holdover from last game but I'm getting the same vibes when I read your posts the past few days as I did last game.

Others:

Giant panda - only cleared from scum by the "why reveal if you are scum". What purpose did the reveal serve. Especially since you already knew who I was.

*splinter - I have posted a bunch on why I think who and which posts you "checked" were not what I would have done at all. Brought you down significantly on my town read list (I.e. Closer to scum)
Regarding Panda: his reveal was entirely self-serving, but this close to lylo I'm OK with that. We need to lynch 3 scum before we lynch 2 town, so everyone should be considering their survival important by now.

My reveal was pretty much the same thing.

I forgot who but someone asked me why I didn't claim at day start. My claim had no info for town, and so was only useful to help people trust me. It didn't need to be done straight away. In fact I preferred to wait a little to get a feel for who suspected/trusted me before and after.

I really wish somebody would give me a shot. It's also amazing that he can withhold the info like that for about a third of the day phas

Also, for people wondering about how gods are removed, I already told you how that happened.
No one is stopping you from posting or defending yourself? Seems like all you have been doing is whining.

For instance I addressed you and you decided to ignore the posts.
c9a5a9e7ad3c29fdcf590525d18bf119.png

OA, y were you so sure mafia received a copy of the spell too? Was there something in the dream that mad you think that?

You can't ignore or cheery pick posts you answer to and then complain about ppl not addressing you.
============
Top 3 scum
Seath - Obvious reasons
OA or Splinter - One or the other. Timing of splints claim was convienient. OA reactions to posts, complaining, early vote. They've been "at it" to the point with both can't be town.
GP - Possibly has something to do with targets ability. Didn't really question Splint's claim.
Kyan - I stated earlier, he seems town one post, then scummy the next. Been ok with recent posts though.
====================

Also swamped was pose to give us a big post of something at some point right?

Kyanrute

With reasons please

dragonz and Swamped remind me of myself in the last game. They feel like lowriders who just pop in to drop a post or two, saying something about general issues and the current topic. Some questions, explanations, theories but no active scumhunting I feel. OA gives the same feeling to me, he just posts somewhat more but some of that comes from his continuous need to defend himself. The three of them also have something on their vote record: each of them has been the lone vote at the day's end on someone who we know think / know is town. A scum thing: offer a "controversial" opinion at the time to seem like you are a eager townie who ain't afraid of anything, easy, because scum know their mates.

Top Bottom