• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phonebooks mask surface bruising. ;)
It’s a shame that we don’t have them anymore as I was on the receiving end of a few police beatings with phone books in my teens and that straightened me out .....I think that we wouldn’t have many of the current day problems if they simply allowed police to beat up people who break the law instead of this charge..lawyer...bail...break law again.....charge...lawyer bail cycle.

Less paperwork and much more direct

Papa

Banned
It’s a shame that we don’t have them anymore as I was on the receiving end of a few police beatings with phone books in my teens and that straightened me out .....I think that we wouldn’t have many of the current day problems if they simply allowed police to beat up people who break the law instead of this charge..lawyer...bail...break law again.....charge...lawyer bail cycle.

Less paperwork and much more direct

big yikes

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Turning John from Digital Foundry away now too by the looks of it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/di...tal-foundry-tech-analysis.95438/post-17204437
Disgusting comments, really. As if those nolifers have any idea how much time these video's take. John does it all on his own.

But yeah, why be empathetic when your own needs aren't satsified - fuck the guy who makes them, right?

In all honesty its bs like that which needs to die. Reminds me of the time ERA banned a suicidal user. Thats how carefreeeeeeee the place can be.

Nah. Next page over he is complaining about life with them.

I caught some of it and I think the video he made is for after you play it. It did cover the start of the game and I stopped it. It wasn’t really tech related but more of a comparison between the games. Something that I don’t want to see until I’m done with a first play thru.
That could be much better presented than those cancer tier complaint posts on ERA.

John is not shielding away his status in regards to health so i would not buy the excuse that they were not aware of this.

You need to try pulling that line in their Mental Health thread, see how long that lasts. But then its not okay...

Their disdain for nearly everything is just sad.

Papa

Banned
Disgusting comments, really. As if those nolifers have any idea how much time these video's take. John does it all on his own.

But yeah, why be empathetic when your own needs aren't satsified - fuck the guy who makes them, right?

In all honesty its bs like that which needs to die. Reminds me of the time ERA banned a suicidal user. Thats how carefreeeeeeee the place can be.

That could be much better presented than those cancer tier complaint posts on ERA.

John is not shielding away his status in regards to health so i would not buy the excuse that they were not aware of this.

You need to try pulling that line in their Mental Health thread, see how long that lasts. But then its not okay...

Their disdain for nearly everything is just sad.

Wouldn’t be surprised if his suicidal thoughts went away after being banned.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Wouldn’t be surprised if his suicidal thoughts went away after being banned.
It was a she. And no, she found another forum for her help.

The only reason i remembered this is because she was trans and spoke against a specific trans issue and she got banned for the usual boilerplate (Not her actual ban reason but it was transphobia):

98Q0vib.png

Which is rather ironic when the banned user is trans herself.

eot

Banned
You know how people draw dicks on cars after it snows? Well I saw one with 'yikes' written on it

yikes

fatty

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wh...rtable-or-dont-want-to-talk-about-race.95854/

Guess latinx fell out of favor so we using latin@ now lol. Don't latin@ me

Oh and to answer that OP's question its cuz we usually don't give a shit lol :goog_cool:
I just don't even know what to say anymore. As if "latinx" wasn't stupid enough, we now have a group of them arguing about why latin@ is better or not better and why the thread shouldn't be derailed with discussion of it in the first place. Seriously? How could any thread not be immediately turned into a topic about why such a ridiculously stupid term is being used?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Joke murder time.

"Latincks" sounds like a silly Dragon Ball name, not something anyone would be caught dead using IRL. Pictured above is DBZ character Gotenks in SSJ3 form. Latincks. Gotenks. Latenks. Get it? The cackling self-aware absurdity of the Gotenks character is illustrated in contrast to the complete lack of self-awareness by the REEEEers.

Joke murder, complete!

Papa

Banned
Joke murder time.

"Latincks" sounds like a silly Dragon Ball name, not something anyone would be caught dead using IRL. Pictured above is DBZ character Gotenks in SSJ3 form. Latincks. Gotenks. Latenks. Get it? The cackling self-aware absurdity of the Gotenks character is illustrated in contrast to the complete lack of self-awareness by the REEEEers.

Joke murder, complete!

lol don’t worry, I already killed the joke by being the only heathen here who didn’t watch DBZ

pel1300

Anyone know of message boards that are more extreme than resetera? Resetera is divided on The Last Jedi. Half love it, half hate it there.

But blu-ray.com forums.....90% there love it to death and dogpile anyone who dares to bash it. They are so radical in defending The Last Jedi. Mods there delete posts criticizing the political agenda in it....it's like North Korea in an internet forum there.

Is there a correlation between bluray/hometheater enthusiasts and Star Wars fans?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist type...but there is something very suspicious there...it's like their site has connections in Disney or Lucasfilm.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Is there a correlation between bluray/hometheater enthusiasts and Star Wars fans?
Honestly people like that seem to have no taste at all. I remember one mouthbreather on there complaining about Night of the Living Dead being in 4:3 and in black and white. Said some shit like 'I didn't spend all this money to watch movies with black bars and not in color'. I feel like all those people just want to watch movies that look technically good and actually don't care about anything else. Like they'll jerk off to the newest avengers movie on their 120 inch screen like it's the best thing ever then whine about Terminator 2 having too much grain. I pretty much stay out of everything on that site besides the label threads.

pel1300

Honestly people like that seem to have no taste at all. I remember one mouthbreather on there complaining about Night of the Living Dead being in 4:3 and in black and white. Said some shit like 'I didn't spend all this money to watch movies with black bars and not in color'. I feel like all those people just want to watch movies that look technically good and actually don't care about anything else. Like they'll jerk off to the newest avengers movie on their 120 inch screen like it's the best thing ever then whine about Terminator 2 having too much grain. I pretty much stay out of everything on that site besides the label threads.
Makes sense. TLJ looks beautiful. Story is crap. Makes for a good home theater demonstration movie.

So.. it's a Star Wars movie? *duck*

InfantileDisloyalBordercollie-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

pel1300

I’m more surprised there is a Bluray.com forum.
Imagine if Neogaf was still connected to gaming-age.com which was part of IGN if I recall correctly.

Now imagine insulting or bashing a company that is loved and supported by corporate giant IGN on this hypothetical neogaf forum.

That's how it feels bashing TLJ on blu-ray.com

If I simply link to a video of someone criticizing the film a mod deletes the post.

A member got banned for saying Kathleen Kennedy is crazy and should be fired.

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member

And in 5 or 20 years they'll criticize the shit out of today's movies, which they currently love.

Doczu

Dude, you deserve a beer.
I have the same problem with my wife. And if there's any chance for divorce, it will be because she said that the prequel to The Thing is better than the original The Thing, just because the effects are prettier.
For the love of God why?
Evil Dead? Nope, rubber monsters.
Terminator 1? Stop motion? Is this a puppet show?
Night of the Living Dead? Soooo old...

It took me a ton of weed and the Shin Godzilla movie to show her that you don't need fancy CGI to create a good movie. Anyone who saw the goofy tiny Godzilla will know.

pel1300

And in 5 or 20 years they'll criticize the shit out of today's movies, which they currently love.

Funny you say that. The most hardcore TLJ defenders are there openly criticizing the prequels and calling them poorly made films. I bet from 1999-2005 they were defending the prequels to their last dying breath.

They just eat up whatever is current SW....it's almost like it isn't entertainment to them, it's religion. They don't even seem to enjoy the films. It's more like school textbook material that they study to a t and memorize all the lines to do well on exams...errr internet forum debates.

Dude, you deserve a beer.
I have the same problem with my wife. And if there's any chance for divorce, it will be because she said that the prequel to The Thing is better than the original The Thing, just because the effects are prettier.
For the love of God why?
Evil Dead? Nope, rubber monsters.
Terminator 1? Stop motion? Is this a puppet show?
Night of the Living Dead? Soooo old...

It took me a ton of weed and the Shin Godzilla movie to show her that you don't need fancy CGI to create a good movie. Anyone who saw the goofy tiny Godzilla will know.

omg is your wife Korean?

Ugh...this reminds me of an acquaintance of mine who didn't take my advice.

This is such an annoying attitude in Korea - style over substance. And any film or show that is over 5 or 6 years old is considered "really old" like out of style. Good luck getting them to watch a film made before their birth year...unless it's the Sound of Music.

She is Korean,, 57 years old. Watched the OT SW trilogy in the 80s. Last year I convinced her to watch them all again. I told her watch in release order. not episode order. I gave her a usb with the despecialized OT films on it with Korean subtitles.

She just ditched that and purchased digital streaming through her cable company and watched episodes 1 to 7 in chronological order...ugh

Then she said that episodes 4 to 6 were the worst ones "because the CGI was more outdated than episodes 1 to 3" and that episodes 4 to 6 just repeat the same music and imagery from 1 to 3, but just less of it....and the revelation that Darth Vader is Luke's father is not that interesting.......well duh because you spoiled yourself by watching the movies out of order....SMH

If she watched the despecialized versions that I gave her, there woulda been no CGI to critique,.

Then I showed her the beginning island scene of TLJ, and she thought Luke tossing the lightsaber over his shoulder was an outtake of Mark Hamill being silly...LOL. It took me about 30 seconds to convince her it was really in the movie.

Last edited:
I love TLJ, but Star Wars fans are just the worst. It's a cult, and it's funny because they can't decide who the REAL fan is: "Oh you don't like TLJ? You must be right wing, did the movie hurt your feelings?", "oh you like TLJ? You really never understood the original trilogy in the first place, you're a casual fan"

And I'd say ERA is not 50/50, is much more on the hate, I mean, even to this day they can derail a random topic with TLJ. It's not an easy thing to do.

Who the fuck cares.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
the prequel to The Thing is better than the original The Thing, just because the effects are prettier.
But that's not even true. The CGI isn't that good actually :messenger_hushed: And the worst thing is that they made everything with awesome looking practical effects and make-up and then Universal just put ugly CGI over everything.. :messenger_crying:

Deleted member 300 said:
kinder amazing how every epic threads gets like 2 - 3k posts from what many say are pc gamers, and yet are non existent in other pc threads including the main ot.

i smell alot of bullshit trolls but hey thats nothing new and clearly will not change.

i now take my leave, see you on metacouncil if you end up there sometime

Losing faith in Era and going to their own smaller, elitist safespaces. Just beautiful.

Metacouncil looks like the exact kind of place you should avoid. Like when you go into a pub that isn't your local and everyone looks at you like you need to GTFO straight away. That's what old SteamGAF was like. That's what SteamERA is. That's what this MC looks like.

Doczu

Omg is your wife Korean?
Nope, we're both Polish.

Yes, i know. If that aint a "get out of jail for free card" for murder, i don't know what is.
But that's not even true. The CGI isn't that good actually :messenger_hushed: And the worst thing is that they made everything with awesome looking practical effects and make-up and then Universal just put ugly CGI over everything.. :messenger_crying:

The point is that it isn't practical, but (kind of ok) CGI. It takes a lot for her to get through practical effects.

Luckily she has other assets worth getting behind, but movie nights are really something

Last edited:

fatty

It’s funny to read The Last Jedi comments in here. I’m now watching it on Netflix and about halfway through it so I’m curious to read all of the feedback when I finish it.

My thoughts so far is that it is kinda boring. I don’t really care about the SW lore but the the choices made so far with Luke and Kylo Ren seem...off, from what I would expect from a SW movie. I won’t say anymore due to spoilers and I still have to finish it.

Edit: just finished it...yeah, it was pretty bad. The actress that played Rose seems like a nice person, but her character, and all the cliches she says was so annoying. But a lot of things about this movie were annoying.

Last edited:

pel1300

It’s funny to read The Last Jedi comments in here. I’m now watching it on Netflix and about halfway through it so I’m curious to read all of the feedback when I finish it.

My thoughts so far is that it is kinda boring. I don’t really care about the SW lore but the the choices made so far with Luke and Kylo Ren seem...off, from what I would expect from a SW movie. I won’t say anymore due to spoilers and I still have to finish it.

Edit: just finished it...yeah, it was pretty bad. The actress that played Rose seems like a nice person, but her character, and all the cliches she says was so annoying. But a lot of things about this movie were annoying.
Poor Kelly Marie Tran (Rose).

Rian Johnson said she represents the type of nerd he hung out with in high school. He wrote her character to be that way. His words were "she feels like she doesn't belong in the SW universe" or something like that. If she felt out of place, that was intentional on the writer and director's part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom