• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLZ

Banned
people calling him out on it are not a mob that pushed him over the edge.
What does "calling out" a mentally ill person who's in need of help, even mean? Are you fond of "calling out" mentally ill people? You feel great about yourself? The right answer is No, btw, because anyone "calling out" a mentally ill person is either an idiot, a child or an ignorant fool. You cannot be mature enough and think such actions are coming from a perfectly sane individual.

JordanN

Banned
They're still talking about us.
2SzCco7.png

QIL7Coe.png

ufeIiOF.png

But remember, they don't want us talking about their illegal activities. 🤔

hahaha shit. well, at least i can say i know some Era posters were right about this place being a bit of a cesspool.

"safe spaces are for wimps" - says the guy too afraid to post at Era because his views would be torn to shreds. LOL

I know this guy is banned, but seriously I need to address the sentiment behind this post. The average poster on Era couldn't torn shit to shreds, most of you wouldn't survive anywhere else because at ERA any semblance of misalignment with the permitted talk leads to dogpiles and bans. That's comfortable yeah and that must be awesome if you're a dickhead, but that's not winning a discussion, it's far from it. With the insane amount of grossly moronic stuff posted there I have a tough time believing your "discussion champion" could hold his own against, you know, a normie college student.

It's true that left-wing people could win any discussion, but those days are long gone baby. Screeching and badly implemented sarcasm done to drop the mic aren't smart ways to debate, walls of text of past experiences isn't an auto-win for any situation, trying to be right on "merit" and "merit" alone isn't even close to being good enough. Any combination of those makes you insufferable and not a genius. You don't hold an intellectual higher ground, you've been on the echo chamber too long and you can't take what's outside.

Ol'Scratch

I know this guy is banned, but seriously I need to address the sentiment behind this post. The average poster on Era couldn't torn shit to shreds, most of you wouldn't survive anywhere else because at ERA any semblance of misalignment with the permitted talk leads to dogpiles and bans. That's comfortable yeah and that must be awesome if you're a dickhead, but that's not winning a discussion, it's far from it. With the insane amount of grossly moronic stuff posted there I have a tough time believing your "discussion champion" could hold his own against, you know, a normie college student.

It's true that left-wing people could win any discussion, but those days are long gone baby. Screeching and badly implemented sarcasm done to drop the mic aren't smart ways to debate, walls of text of past experiences isn't an auto-win for any situation, trying to be right on "merit" and "merit" alone isn't even close to being good enough. Any combination of those makes you insufferable and not a genius. You don't hold an intellectual higher ground, you've been on the echo chamber too long and you can't take what's outside.
Not only the fact that it is not about people not posting on ree because "their view would be torn to shreds" it is because any attempt at discussion is banned and removed

Not only the fact that it is not about people not posting on ree because "their view would be torn to shreds" it is because any attempt at discussion is banned and removed

Exactly, people shouldn't post on Resetera because there's no point. It would lead to a rage mob and a ban unless you become a mindless zombie as well. I just find it amusing that said zombie seems to think that THE HIVE holds some kind of intelectual higher ground here.

Kagey K

Banned
Exactly, people shouldn't post on Resetera because there's no point. It would lead to a rage mob and a ban unless you become a mindless zombie as well. I just find it amusing that said zombie seems to think that THE HIVE holds some kind of intelectual higher ground here.
Trying to have a discussion there where you don’t agree is like being held down by 10 people while one gets free shots to “win” and if anyone tries to help you they are instantly jumped.

You don’t win because you’re smarter or your argument is better, you win based on piranha style feeding.

You also don’t win by trying to be a martyr here.

If you want to come in and make claims, you better have receipts to back it up. You can’t make claims thinking you are dropping a nuke, when it ends up being a SCUD.

It’s fine to believe something different, but when you have to resort to “no you are” as an argument, it might be time to give up.

It’s amazing to me why they even bother coming here to defend thier forum, that they have no stake in and will ban them on thier first mistake, but to each thier own I guess.

Owari

No one knows anybody on the internet or their background, what most people saw is an internet celebrity having a meltdown and insulting everyone, so they insulted him back.

His death brings a new debate about social media, should everyone be free to insult anyone without receiving a response for the insult they hurl? How can we tell if the person throwing the insults is on the edge and needs to stay away from social media?

I don't and neither do you, and for that matter almost everyone who replied to his insults. Some are suggesting we just ignore the insults because they are words, but you are also arguing that words are the reason he killed himself, so are words just words?
Mob mentality VS mental illness. You should quit while you think you’re ahead.

Ol'Scratch

Reeeera is really like a religion and they have missionaries that come over and try to make us stop looking at butts and tits
That is the thing. They do not come over to even try to be part of the community. If you looked at the post history of the two that were banned yesterday Astartes and the other one their history was almost identical. Tifa thread to criticize those who are fans of the female form, then over to the fan service thread to give some kind of "they take fanservice too far" thing, then immediately into another thread to tell people why they are wrong. Very little actual interaction in other threads and areas. The one today was quite transparent in trying to just pick a fight. I am sure in some discord somewhere they are high fiving each other with one hand while giving each other a handy with the other as if they scored some moral victory when in fact they really just show how fragile the entire facade is

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
That is the thing. They do not come over to even try to be part of the community. If you looked at the post history of the two that were banned yesterday Astartes and the other one their history was almost identical. Tifa thread to criticize those who are fans of the female form, then over to the fan service thread to give some kind of "they take fanservice too far" thing, then immediately into another thread to tell people why they are wrong. Very little actual interaction in other threads and areas. The one today was quite transparent in trying to just pick a fight. I am sure in some discord somewhere they are high fiving each other with one hand while giving each other a handy with the other as if they scored some moral victory when in fact they really just show how fragile the entire facade is
Pathetic shut-ins with too much time on their hands.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I don't quite get the issue here. In contrast to "size zero" ideals for women (which tend to be unhealthy), presenting a fit physique as desirable cannot really harm anyone right? The worst thing that could happen is that... people do more sports?

Michele

you.
The first tweet in that ResetEra hypocrisy twitter thread currently has over 80,000 impressions and over 20,000 interactions and counting.

Hopefully some people got woken up to ResetEra's bullshit.

Are you referring to the one tweet where someone points out the difference of what the members said, 2 months ago vs today? If not, could you give me the link?

Shmunter

I don't quite get the issue here. In contrast to "size zero" ideals for women (which tend to be unhealthy), presenting a fit physique as desirable cannot really harm anyone right? The worst thing that could happen is that... people do more sports?
But think of the feelings of a fat bombalata that is too lazy to exercise and too weak willed to eat healthy.

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Your FFXIV server sux

Actually I take that back. My buddies decided to on Gilgamesh and since I got it before them I started a character there and put some time into it. Turns out it's a fucking role play server so they avoided it like the plague.
Gilgamesh isn't the RP server. Balmung is.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
How pathetic are you, to be this needy for attention? 🤦‍♂️
Signed up Friday only to request a ban less than week later.

I know you are banned but im sure your attention whore ass will be lurking. Find a hobby, learn to code, do something with your life sheesh
Some people just can't come to grips with the idea of people having differing opinions. I guess when you're used to being a sheep, a little free thought can be intimidating.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Retard-Era431.jpg

Special shoutout to the Era mods that have got our back, don't talk shit about GAF. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I really don't get why they like calling GAF a toxic cesspool now... I mean currently there are no issues/scandals right now in this site (as far as I'm aware) and when you check Twitter, Era is associated with toxicity, pedos, and Etika's cause of death.

Basically hypocrisy

Michele

you.
How pathetic are you, to be this needy for attention? 🤦‍♂️
Signed up Friday only to request a ban less than week later.

I know you are banned but im sure your attention whore ass will be lurking. Find a hobby, learn to code, do something with your life sheesh

I still wish I could've been online, to ask Imperialis why does he/she wants an requested ban.. I mean I like to think that if there was a reason behind it, then there could be something we could do to change a personality, but he/she just said it's that the forum has outlived its amusement.

Last edited:

nush

I still wish I could've been online, to ask Imperialis why does he/she wants an requested ban.. I mean I like to think that if there was a reason behind it, then there could be something we could do to change a personality, but he/she just said it's that the forum has outlived its amusement.
He only came here to troll and walked off in "Protest" like it's October 2017 again. Then they report back to the spergship how terrible GAF is for the confirmation bias and back slapping.

Starfield

First they cover up their pedo problem on their site, now they want to cover up that they may have mobbed a guy into committing suicide, what's next week Resetera? Please give us a teaser I don't wanna wait so long.

First they cover up their pedo problem on their site, now they want to cover up that they may have mobbed a guy into committing suicide, what's next week Resetera? Please give us a teaser I don't wanna wait so long.

Just like a catholic priest....they come in threes

lock2k

Banned
Just saw an article on The Verge about Etika and the dangers of social media, etc, and not a single mention of Era (and also closed comments). Bunch of hypocrites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom