• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's not true, they have a rule against discrimination. /s
Bonfire is certainly correct

Mochilador

Did he have an agenda? hahaha give me a break! What an awesome teacher!
I would choose The Thing instead. It's a masterpiece. :lollipop_smiling_hearts:

nush

I'll do everything I can to support hot lesbians in more games. "No, that's the wrong type of representation!". Another day on Era.

Ol'Scratch

I think that people need to go stop seeing people as groups and see people as individuals and they will not seem like suck fucktards. I treat people as they deserve to be treated no matter race/gender/sexual preference/or what they identify as. Being a member of a group does not give one a special pass.
As far as content, this has been said many times and many places if people want more queer representation than learn to develop games instead of sitting in your bedroom making demands. Go to school and be the change. Same for racial representation. Why is this so fucking difficult of a concept? Are people just really that pathetic and lazy?

nush

As far as content, this has been said many times and many places if people want more queer representation than learn to develop games instead of sitting in your bedroom making demands. Go to school and be the change. Same for racial representation. Why is this so fucking difficult of a concept? Are people just really that pathetic and lazy?

When it bombas instead of realising that it's not what the market wants and your minority group isn't as big as you think to support such a title you get to complain it failed becuse of homophobia.

Edit: that topics just backfired on the OP for being an aggressive ass! LOL.

Last edited:

Falcs

Banned
When it bombas instead of realising that it's not what the market wants and your minority group isn't as big as you think to support such a title you get to complain it failed becuse of homophobia.
Yeah, that's what really pisses me off.
SJWs demand all this woke shit, and stupid company's pander to them not realising that identity politics makes for shit stories/writing. Then when the end product fails its because of all those "man baby, sexist, racist, white men".

No it's because your writing is shit.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Are people just really that pathetic and lazy?
That's exactly the reason. Lazy entitled tards. Some people are lazier than others.

Like everything in life, it's easier to whine and complain hoping for a handout, than to do it yourself.

I did my time going to school, university, buying my own place, car, handled all loans myself. And also did my own investment properties. Didn't ask for a dime of bail out money from family, or even help how to do it. Just did it myself. And if it meant I was broke living pay cheque to pay cheque for the first 3 years, so be it. Only thing I asked for help was asking people for a good reference for a real estate agent and real estate lawyer they use so I don't have find them myself.

Not hard to do things yourself. I'm not even a good fix it guy, and even I fixed a few things watching YT videos with my shitty set of tools. Big whoop.

It's not like gaming is dominated by a small number of gaming companies like decades ago where it's basically big companies or a small dev handcuffed by publishers. Anyone who knows how to program a game can release a $5 indie game if they wanted to. And considering how many indie games there are now, it can't be that hard to make one and upload it to Steam or the internet.

sevoro

Actually reading through the "It's time for straight men to step up and support their fellow queer gamers" thread I have seen arguments that representation in games are equivalent to human rights... I think all those people on the boards are privileged to even think asinine things like that.

(Also back after a month or so)

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Actually reading through the "It's time for straight men to step up and support their fellow queer gamers" thread I have seen arguments that representation in games are equivalent to human rights... I think all those people on the boards are privileged to even think asinine things like that.

(Also back after a month or so)
It is only from thier privilege that they can sit back and say that. If they lived in any of those countries that treated gays so bad, do you think they’d be sitting on thier high horse?

Will they ever acknowledge the fact that they are also privileged? Never.

Last edited:
I think that people need to go stop seeing people as groups and see people as individuals and they will not seem like suck fucktards. I treat people as they deserve to be treated no matter race/gender/sexual preference/or what they identify as. Being a member of a group does not give one a special pass.
I think trying to make everything individual has been the issue to be honest

Society has been moving towards trying to put things in as many different boxes as possible instead of treating some of these things like you would 20 years ago as a mental illnesses or a good old fashioned snack on the ass by your parents when you got out of line

Not saying everyone is crazy but when your life experience has been formed from behind a computer screen where everyone has a story or justification for everything that’s different to the next person you get these clusters of crazy which some play nice together...others band together and create a anti white male/hard left discussion board which pretends to be a video gaming forum

I’m of the opinion that if a majority of the people that post on ree got a hiding by their parents when they were little shits as a kid we would not have this circus

Please today’s generation....beat your kids if they are shits...not Michael Jackson style but a nice firm smack on the ass and tell them to stop causing trouble

Last edited:

Michele

you.
So apparently the OP of that thread got banned and peoples are now calling out the ERA mods because the OP was trying to defend himself. Apparently he was called an racist and he was trying to defend himself, only for the 'accuser' to not get banned and instead banning the defender for an week. Not so lenient now.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
So apparently the OP of that thread got banned and peoples are now calling out the ERA mods because the OP was trying to defend himself. Apparently he was called an racist and he was trying to defend himself, only for the 'accuser' to not get banned and instead banning the defender for an week. Not so lenient now.

How does someone get called a racist in a Tetris thread?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Society has been moving towards trying to put things in as many different boxes as possible instead of treating some of these things like you would 20 years ago as a mental illnesses or a good old fashioned snack on the ass by your parents when you got out of line

Keep that incestuous pedo shit on Era. :messenger_tongue:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
How does someone get called a racist in a Tetris thread?
ShorttermThornyFlycatcher-size_restricted.gif

sevoro

"The guidelines in the staff post have been continuously ignored, and the thread has been derailed as a result. As such we're closing this thread."

Maybe if the guidelines weren't utter bullshit the thread wouldn't have gotten derailed.

nush

The OP is a grade A asshole who's replaced all his personality with facts about Sega, he's been repeatedly banned for being aggressive to other people becuse "He's right and has facts". Mods even added a quote of all his posts telling people to fuck off. I'm seriously surprised at this point he's not been permabanned.

That and the fact that almost any Epic Game Store topic is a honeypot for ban baiting and trolls.

Michele

you.
The OP is a grade A asshole who's replaced all his personality with facts about Sega, he's been repeatedly banned for being aggressive to other people becuse "He's right and has facts". Mods even added a quote of all his posts telling people to fuck off. I'm seriously surprised at this point he's not been permabanned.

That and the fact that almost any Epic Game Store topic is a honeypot for ban baiting and trolls.

I mean, yeah, his behavior is a bit too aggressive but I am a bit more surprised in the fact that peoples are calling out to the mods. Apparently he was banned for ANOTHER message before it got moved to the message that I just linked a while ago.

Boss Mog

I'll do everything I can to support hot lesbians in more games. "No, that's the wrong type of representation!". Another day on Era.

Why would I spend even an iota of energy whatsoever in order to help people who constantly shit on me?

These people constantly demand to become the norm despite representing a very small percentage of the population, that's what I'll never understand. Nobody cares who you have sex with, but when you make your whole existence about your sexual preference and then want to impose it on the vast majority of the population who don't share your preference, well then I have no sympathy for your cause.

Last edited:

chris121580

Never forget the thread where a poster there was offended by people using the term, "guys" in online gaming when referring to a group of people. That was a doozy

Saber

Gold Member
Never forget the thread where a poster there was offended by people using the term, "guys" in online gaming when referring to a group of people. That was a doozy

Don't worry. To balance this, Resetera created a term to refer to people who likes the opposite sex as "cis".

Rien

Jelly Belly

Exactly the same gif I had in mind lol!

fuckin lol. every thread in era has the possibility to end up about race or gender

If I could bet money on it I would be a millionaire by now.
I truely wonder how they function in reality.... if they ever face reality ofc. Some of them seems to have nothing else on their mind then trying to change the world...... through a videogame-forum.. imagine being the the guy who loves videogames and just want to read about videogames and log-in to that forum.. YIKES!

Last edited:

Zato

Banned
Find that place to be predominantly tiresome and boring. Looking for problems in everything and then seeing who can piss and moan the most about it.

Hyperbolic, condescending and frankly intolerant.

Some of the topics are just absurd to the point they do more harm than good for the causes the posters supposedly support / represent.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

this thread is blowing my mind rn. they need to put up a list of approved fetishes. lusting after himbos: ok. lusting after bimbos: not ok. celebrating the spectrum of sexuality: ok. celebrating feet as sexy: not ok.

hardcore Christian evangelists are this prudish but at least they are consistent.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

this thread is blowing my mind rn. they need to put up a list of approved fetishes. lusting after himbos: ok. lusting after bimbos: not ok. celebrating the spectrum of sexuality: ok. celebrating feet as sexy: not ok.

hardcore Christian evangelists are this prudish but at least they are consistent.
For once, I agree with them. The world would be better off without feet.

cabbage5k2

That and the game that was mentioned in that particular OP actually significantly improved upon this over other games in the franchise.

Ribi

i know who that OP is. He's a lefty, someone who has posted a ton, and is involved with anything VR. Let us see how they handle being banned lmao

Somehow I don’t think the mods would act a fool like some of those crazies did.

The atmosphere and forum culture is a night and day difference from those short and painful years.

Oh trust me, the mods had private little areas where they and the protected ones gathered and plotted their shit.

Dthomp

Why would I spend even an iota of energy whatsoever in order to help people who constantly shit on me?

These people constantly demand to become the norm despite representing a very small percentage of the population, that's what I'll never understand. Nobody cares who you have sex with, but when you make your whole existence about your sexual preference and then want to impose it on the vast majority of the population who don't share your preference, well then I have no sympathy for your cause.

6MmYsW6.gif

Also...what's wrong with feet? I don't have a foot fetish, but I'm not gonna lie, some ladies have some attractive feet.

prag16

Banned
For once, I agree with them. The world would be better off without feet.
I have no problem with female feet. Some of them are attractive to at least some (non fetish) degree. Ain't got no time for man feet though, ever. Horrendous. Men: Do not wear sandles. Do not wear flip flops. Unless absolutely necessary. Socks with sandals are vastly preferable.

That said, this actress's feet are indeed kind of gnarly. I can absolutely understand her feeling a little self conscious about having them so prominently featured. Especially pressed up against the windshield like that; makes an iffy situation even worse.

Last edited:

lethial

Reeeeeeee

Oh lord.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Who is Yaniv? What did they do?

Enjoy!

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Oh lord.

SMH. We usually call each other partner or spouse when talking to others. We're not big on the husband/wife terms, or that people assume your gender and/or orientation when they hear those terms. It's meant to make the point that it doesn't matter and all relationships are equally valid and being gay, straight or whatever isn't some master status. But I suppose it's not surprising that some of the extremists who do consider it a master status on that site would find it offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I don't have a foot fetish

giphy.gif

Oh lord.
Oh no! What will Ben Pack from Giant Bomb do now?!

He has spent the last two or so years going out of his way to refer to his girlfriend as “partner” and only “partner” on the podcast. Week in, week out. Never, ever “girlfriend”. It’s hilarious.

He loves signalling his virtue, you see. Ben thought he had being a woke cuckmonster all worked out. Shit.

Time to start from scratch Ben. The Oppression Olympics move fast.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Enjoy!

What a cunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom