• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Auto Racing thread (F1, Moto GP, WRC, NASCAR, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
tetsuoxb said:
That fucking pussy Hamilton gets GIFTED the fucking WDC.

That is one of the lamest fucking things I've ever seen in my life.
Glock was on dry tyres.

cjelly said:
Did Glock do it on purpose?

He's going to get British Citizenship because of this. :lol :lol
Glock was on dry tyres, did you see how Hamilton was buggered with the wet tyres, Glock should have crashed, let alone finish 6th.
Norante said:
Hamilton gets handed the WDC then, what a wanker.

:(
You haven't a clue what you're talking about, go away.

marmaraS

Lewis_Hamilton290x329.jpg

Believe!

BTW BBC Sports Personality of the year for next time around....
glock_toyo_08pre.jpg

bee

glock did a 1.44

trulli did a 1.44

it was simply too wet on the last lap

also :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ ferrari celebrating then being told, oh wait a minute you haven't won afterall

Pimpwerx

Lulz! He gon' cry in the car. :lol This is awesome. Apparently Trulli also did a 1:44. I guess it was just the rain. What a crazy end to a crazy season. Well done, Felipe. He drove like a champ today. PEACE.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
There needs to be a bigger gap between 1st and 2nd podum finishes, OR award whoever wins the most races an extra +10pts at the end of the season or something to give it SOME meaning.

hadareud

The Translator
I'm glad all the people who haven't got a fucking clue made it into the thread.

At least watch the fucking race and take note who drives on what tires before you come up with your conspiracy theories and bashing you halfwits.

Stop It said:
Well done Massa, great race, and a great championship run
Yeah, well done to Massa. Even though I do like making fun of his driving talent (or lack of) he did well to win the race and drag the Ferrari that close to winning the drivers. It must be quite tough for him being up there on the podium knowing how tight it was at the end.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
dankir said:
Take it like a man Massa

Great race on his part for real.

WOW FUCK ALL THE HATERS WHO SAYS F1 IS BORING!

Well they went over the radio and told him he won the WDC, and then had to go back on and tell him 'lulz, you didnt win"

It's gotta be a kick in the gut.

Stop It

navanman said:
Here come the conspiracy theories. Did Toyota & Glock help McLaren win the WC.
No.

The Toyota team gambled on the conditions being Ok to finish the race decently, they still done well to get around that track. You all seen Hamilton dacing around the track on WET TYRES, imagine how fucked Glock would have been.

To all the Tifosi idiots calling Glock out, remember that if it didn't rain, Glock wouldn't have been a factor, he ALMOST got away with not pitting, no conspiracy, just a bold decision that ALMOST worked. If Glock had stayed alive that last lap, you gusy would have been woshipping him and Vettel, don't play the blame game.

N.A

Banned
We need a gif of the ferrari reaction :lol .

Well done Hamilton, deserves the chapionship considering the shocking decisions that went against him earlier this season.

StoOgE

hadareud said:
I'm glad all the people who haven't got a fucking clue made it into the thread.

At least watch the fucking race and take note who drives on what tires before you come up with your conspiracy theories and bashing you halfwits.

At least on Speed in America they werent even talking about Glock being caught by Vettel and Hamilton, it was all about Hamilton vs. Vettel.

It really came out of nowhere. I new he was on drys, but they werent saying he was running slow or anything.

h3ro

MidiSurf said:
Die hard Kimi fan here, so I really don't care who won but in the end I'm kinda glad Hammy won.

Same here, Kimi is my favorite, but I wanted to see the kid win in his home town, would have been a great podium.

Lewis did what he had to do during the season and got lucky at end, which all champions need sooner or later. I just hope this doesn't end up being Felipe's only shot... :/

hadareud

The Translator
StoOgE said:
At least on Speed in America they werent even talking about Glock being caught by Vettel and Hamilton, it was all about Hamilton vs. Vettel.

It really came out of nowhere. I new he was on drys, but they werent saying he was running slow or anything.
that sucks.

They were talking about it on ITV, as it was the only realistic chance Hamilton had for the title.

I couldn't believe that it happened in the last corner though :lol

:lol

Crazy last lap.

:lol :lol

The realization and reaction of Massa, Ferrari Garage, and GAF when you all realized Hamilton won the championship was almost as good as the last lap itself!

Edit: OH SHIT at that gif, haha.

Pimpwerx

reilo said:
There needs to be a bigger gap between 1st and 2nd podum finishes, OR award whoever wins the most races an extra +10pts at the end of the season or something to give it SOME meaning.
There used to be. I think it was 10-6-4-3-2-1 for the top 6. Then Schuey started ending the championship with multiple races left to go, and the FIA changed the rules. This is effectively the Schumacher point system.

I feel bad for Felipe b/c you know they must have told him he won the WDC at first, and then had to tell him a split second later that he lost. Awful rush of emotions there. But he raced like a champion. PEACE.

StoOgE

hadareud said:
that sucks.

They were talking about it on ITV, as it was the only realistic chance Hamilton had for the title.

I couldn't believe that it happened in the last corner though :lol

Yeah, they both passed glock and it was like it was a backmarker or something. then right as I realized it was a toyota they came on and said "they passed glock"

It sucked.

Sirolf

Good job Hami !!!
He DESERVES the championship's title so for all the haters go cry a river in the Tamise...

Britprog

bee said:
glock did a 1.44

trulli did a 1.44

it was simply too wet on the last lap

also :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ ferrari celebrating then being told, oh wait a minute you haven't won afterall

QFT, thanks for shutting up the haters

Stop It

StoOgE said:
Yeah, they both passed glock and it was like it was a backmarker or something. then right as I realized it was a toyota they came on and said "they passed glock"

It sucked.
(neutral) StoOgE
(Today, 07:02 PM)
Reply | Quote
Threi said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
(I'm going to hell for that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom