• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Auto Racing thread (F1, Moto GP, WRC, NASCAR, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
StoOgE said:
It really came out of nowhere. I new he was on drys, but they werent saying he was running slow or anything.
The one thing the Live Timing IS useful for.

Last lap - Overall - Sector 1 - Sector 2 - Sector 3
Vettel - 1:25.984 - 21.8 - 45.1 - 19.0
Hamilton - 1:26.126 - 21.6 - 45.2 - 19.3
Glock - 1:44.731 - 24.8 - 54.7 - 25.0
Trulli - 1:44.800 - 26.1 - 55.7 - 22.8

That middle sector must have just killed those dry tyres.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Fowler said:
I'm still trying to get my head around what the hell just happened.

Yeah, even though my guy didnt win (well, my guy is Kimi, but Massa is my lulzworth guy).. that last lap was phenomenal. Vettel outracing Hamilton and then Glock out of nowhere. :lol

h3ro

So this is what fanboys feel like when their favorite system losers System Warz in NPDs...

:lol
Congrats Lewis!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
chickensoup said:
The one thing the Live Timing IS useful for.

Last lap - Overall - Sector 1 - Sector 2 - Sector 3
Vettel - 1:25.984 - 21.8 - 45.1 - 19.0
Hamilton - 1:26.126 - 21.6 - 45.2 - 19.3
Glock - 1:44.731 - 24.8 - 54.7 - 25.0
Trulli - 1:44.800 - 26.1 - 55.7 - 22.8

That middle sector must have just killed those dry tyres.
I was watching the Live Timing screen, it went from Glock going FASTER than Hamilton with 3 laps to go, to a few seconds slower with 2 laps to go, then THAT HAPPENED.

My heart, ow.

hadareud

The Translator
have to give it to Massa, he's definitely taking it like a man in the press conference.

He went up several notches in my estimation. He's now at several notches.

Britprog

Stop It said:
I was watching the Live Timing screen, it went from Glock going FASTER than Hamilton with 3 laps to go, to a few seconds slower with 2 laps to go, then THAT HAPPENED.

My heart, ow.

Yep thats right, cause it started to piss it down at the end!!!

NekoFever

34i1bnp.gif

Fuck, Hamilton is a wee prick with fuck all personality.

As much as I hate to say it, I prefer Shumi to Hamilton. At least he was a person, rather than a robot.

I'd love Alsonso to go to Ferrari, put Hamilton in his place. He would.

woeds

So where was Trulli's penalty for braking late at the end of the start/finish straight, diving to the inside and pushing the other driver off?

Pimpwerx

WTF was Kubica doing, btw? He's the reason Vettel got by since Lewis had the straightline advantage. But Kubica just sort of barged his way past both cars. I don't think that's gonna endear him to the McLaren team. I assume he's looking for a seat elsewhere. Whatever happens, I hope to see Vettel teaming with Lewis at McLaren. Or maybe have both of them teaming at Ferrari. Vettel is fast. PEACE.

avaya

Well done to the boys for securing the WCC. Didn't trust you for the second half of the season but you managed to get over the line.

Well done to Lewis the bottler Hamilton for limping over the line. Felipe and Lewis both deserved the title this year. Ferrari lost the title for Felipe this year.

Vettel. You little legend. Michael knows. He always knows. Luca, you got your eyes on this kid.

Didn't expect the WDC today. But I misunderstimated the propensity of Lewis to throw it away. To have it dangled in front of you from Juncao to Juncao. That was fucking cruel man. I still didn't believe.

I wanna see Glock's sector times on his final lap to see what happened. He lost 18s on the last lap, so it doesn't look like it was done on purpose.

EDIT: Anyone from Ferrari or Project 4 thinking they are going to win the championship next year.....:lol BMW's gonna tear that shit up Le-Mans style with KERS. Put it down. Kubica WDC 2009 as the Bimmers dominate next year.

StoOgE

Pimpwerx said:
WTF was Kubica doing, btw? He's the reason Vettel got by since Lewis had the straightline advantage. But Kubica just sort of barged his way past both cars. I don't think that's gonna endear him to the McLaren team. I assume he's looking for a seat elsewhere. Whatever happens, I hope to see Vettel teaming with Lewis at McLaren. Or maybe have both of them teaming at Ferrari. Vettel is fast. PEACE.

Yeah, I really dont know what the fuck Kubica was doing.

hadareud

The Translator
BadlyCookedTurkey said:

As much as I hate to say it, I prefer Shumi to Hamilton. At least he was a person, rather than a robot.

:lol :lol

using the word personality and Schumacher within one post, you're definitely taking the piss. You have to be. Please be?

h3ro said:
So this is what fanboys feel like when their favorite system losers System Warz in NPDs...
It does feel like that at times. :D

With both Vettel and Kubica showing they know how to race and Alonso finally remembering how to go quick, 2009 should be a good year.

Edit: Wow, look at the rain now! It's looks like monsoon season in Brazil.

scarybore

reilo said:
There needs to be a bigger gap between 1st and 2nd podum finishes, OR award whoever wins the most races an extra +10pts at the end of the season or something to give it SOME meaning.

Indeed, bring back the 10,6,4,3,2,1 points system! No idea if it would have affected this championship and I don't really care as what is done is done, but it at least felt like they were rewarded for winning.

They should also get rid of the retarded one engine for 2 races or get a 10 place grid drop rule in addition to having to use both the soft and hard tyres, would be nice to have another tyre manufacturer while they are at it but thats even more unlikely to happen. Hopefully the new rule changes will shake things up for next year but I think I have been saying that the past few years anyways.

Either way it was a good championship even if it was slightly manufactured, the cunt won, the British press will now be unsufferable but at least I won't have to listen to James fucking Allen again.

And my mother just phoned me up to say she wants to slap a handbag in Hamilton's and his daddy's face. :lol

Fowler

Props to Massa for driving his heart out -- but CONGRATS LEWIS!!!!

I was wondering how F1 could top last season's madness. I think the last two laps did it.

So hang on -- Lewis doesn't get a trophy here? No presentation?

StoOgE

avaya said:
Well done to the boys for securing the WCC. Didn't trust you for the second half of the season but you managed to get over the line.

Well done to Lewis the bottler Hamilton for limping over the line. Felipe and Lewis both deserved the title this year. Ferrari lost the title for Felipe this year.

Vettel. You little legend. Michael knows. He always knows. Luca, you got your eyes on this kid.

Didn't expect the WDC today. But I misunderstimated the propensity of Lewis to throw it away. To have it dangled in front of you from Juncao to Juncao. That was fucking cruel man. I still didn't believe.

I wanna see Glock's sector times on his final lap to see what happened. He lost 18s on the last lap, so it doesn't look like it was done on purpose.

Lewis really did do everything he could to throw it away. Had he lost again with a 7 point lead again, it would be epic failure.

Threi

notag
BadlyCookedTurkey said:

209irsg.gif

Stop It

BadlyCookedTurkey said:

Watching the interview with Hamilton atm, doesn't seem very robotic to me.

If there is any robot in F1, it's Kimi, and even so I didn't begrudge him winning the WC, he took his chances and got his break. This year, Hamilton done what was needed, throughly deserving of being the youngest World Champion in F1.
avaya said:

209irsg.gif

woeds said:
So where was Trulli's penalty for braking late at the end of the start/finish straight, diving to the inside and pushing the other driver off?
And the penalty for one of the Williams for knocking DC off at the first corner.

StoOgE

Stop It said:
Watching the interview with Hamilton atm, doesn't seem very robotic to me.

If there is any robot in F1, it's Kimi, and even so I didn't begrudge him winning the WC, he took his chances and got his break. This year, Hamilton done what was needed, throughly deserving of being the youngest World Champion in F1.

Kimi has a personality, he just hates the press and the celebrity status of being an F1 driver.

I guess Massa is safe for next year.

Now, Ferrari go hire Vettel.

cilonen

avaya said:

Dry tyres, mate. He and Trulli put in 1:44 last laps.

Stop It

StoOgE said:
Kimi has a personality, he just hates the press and the celebrity status of being an F1 driver.

I guess Massa is safe for next year.

He must be wondering if his "upgrade" to RBR is really a good idea now, he is one of the most talented drivers in F1 right now and I hope to see him pushing Hamilton & co for the WC in years to come.

avaya

cilonen said:
Dry tyres, mate. He and Trulli put in 1:44 last laps.

Yeah, like I said lost 18s on the last lap which is actually pretty good since you'd expect to lose more than 20s in such a situation.

scarybore

StoOgE said:

Indeed, and to be honest I really cant blame him.

He has done some impressive drives this year, but I wouldn't like to bet on who his next team will be when the time comes.

StoOgE

Stop It said:
He must be wondering if his "upgrade" to RBR is really a good idea now, he is one of the most talented drivers in F1 right now and I hope to see him pushing Hamilton & co for the WC in years to come.

Vettel might be the most talented driver in F1 right now. He outraced the world champion in a far inferior car at the end of the race. Get him in one of the top teams and he is sure to compete for a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom