• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread - Scott Proctor on to get some posts in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bereave in the Anglols this year. Vernon Wells' career will rise from the ashes and he will blossom like a cherry flower playing in Amerikka. USA USA USA

Enron

Banned
Bold Predictions (fu philly)

AL lEast:
Red Sox
Rays
Yankees
Blue Jays
Orioles

AL Best:
Rangers
Angels
A's
Mariners

AL Central:
Twins
White Sox
Tigers
Royals
Indians

NL bEast:
Braves
Phillies
Marlins
Nats
Mess

NL West:
Giants
Rockies
Dodgers
Padres
D-Backs

NL Central:
Brewers
Cardinals
Reds
Cubs
Pirates
Astros

WS - Braves/Red Sox

Oxx

I'm pretty damn excited for the new season, but I'm probably going to skip MLB.tv this year. I can only really watch day games in their entirety and ESPN America actually shows a decent number of them.

Kuroyume

Banned
Great thread!

Love the K-rod pic... lol

Not sure what to expect from the Mets this year. If the team stays healthy I suppose we can challange for the WC at the very least. It's not like the team is any worse compared to the '07 and '08 Mets... You know, when people were picking them to win the WS. Jose and Beltran will always find a way to get injured so we'll see what happens.

eznark

Banned
Kuroyume said:
Great thread!

Love the K-rod pic... lol

Not sure what to expect from the Mets this year. If the team stays healthy I suppose we can challange for the WC at the very least. It's not like the team is any worse compared to the '07 and '08 Mets... You know, when people were picking them to win the WS. Jose and Beltran will always find a way to get injured so we'll see what happens.

Below .500

eznark

Banned
Sharp said:
Nyjer Morgan traded to the Brew Crew lulz

Keep yo head up Zach Greinke
FUCK! Doug Melvin ruining all the good will. I heard about this yesterday and was praying it wasmt true. We are cornering the market on atrocious center fielders.

Doytch

eznark said:
FUCK! Doug Melvin ruining all the good will. I heard about this yesterday and was praying it wasmt true. We are cornering the market on atrocious center fielders.
Really? Morgan's got a better bat and glove and more speed than Boggomez. What's the downside beside losing a guy with an awesome name like Cutter Dykstra.

eznark

Banned
The problem is Nyjer isn't better defensively than Gomez, so this doesn't fuckng help the team. He is literally an in-case-of-injury/pinch runner. Great use of a roster spot.

Plus, we gave up Cutter Dykstra. The name alone makes him more valuable than Morgan.

Sharp

Doytch said:
Really? Morgan's got a better bat and glove and more speed than Boggomez. What's the downside beside losing a guy with an awesome name like Cutter Dykstra.
The only downside is that Nyjer is ass at virtually everything he does. I think he got as high as 0.1 WAR last year in well over 500 PA and that was probably overvaluing his defense. He's fast but makes mindbogglingly stupid baserunning decisions and takes the most circuitous routes to the ball imaginable. Then, when he gets frustrated with his play, he takes it out on opposing pitchers and catchers. He is not an asset.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Oxx said:
I'm pretty damn excited for the new season, but I'm probably going to skip MLB.tv this year. I can only really watch day games in their entirety and ESPN America actually shows a decent number of them.
If you are a Red Sox/Yankee fan. But nobody has time to watch those interminable AL East games do they? And if those teams actually play each other, go ahead and set aside 5 hours.

Senior circuit rules!

Jubs

AL:
Red Sox/Rays
Twins
Rangers

NL:
Braves/Phillies
Reds
Giants

WS: Braves over Red Sox in 7.

Need pitching Yankees? Here's your man:

KenshinKawakami(APPhoto-JohnBazemore).jpg

RBH

AL:
Red Sox
White Sox
Rangers
Twins (WC)

NL:
Phillies
Reds
Giants
Braves (WC)

WS:
Red Sox over Phillies

Talon

Kuroyume said:
If the team stays healthy I suppose we can challange for the WC at the very least. It's not like the team is any worse compared to the '07 and '08 Mets... You know, when people were picking them to win the WS.
Fantastic.

Oxx

Guileless said:
If you are a Red Sox/Yankee fan. But nobody has time to watch those interminable AL East games do they? And if those teams actually play each other, go ahead and set aside 5 hours.

Senior circuit rules!

Braves fan. But a 730 eastern start in the US equates to half past midnight over here and I'm attempting to not be such a night-owl this year.

Guileless

Do you live in Europe? You can watch Cub games on mlb.tv. They play more matinees than anyone.

mYm|17|

For those who picked the Rays for the WC, I salute you. For those who didn't, fuck you :)

You know Manny and Damon are gonna beast this year

Nobility

Banned
Yes! Baseball is back!

AL East: Red Sox, Yankees (Wild Card), Jays, Rays, Orioles
AL Central: White Sox, Twins, Tigers, Royals, Indians
AL West: Rangers, Angels, A's, Mariners
AL MVP: Gonzales
AL CY: Lester

NL East: Phillies, Braves (Wild Card), Marlins, Mets, Nationals
NL Central: Brewers, Reds, Cards, Cubs, Pirates, Astros
NL West: Rockies, Dodgers, Giants, Padres, Diamondbacks
NL MVP: Pujols
NL CY: Halladay

DS: Red Sox v White Sox, Yankees v Rangers, Phillies v Brewers, Braves v Rockies
CS: Red Sox v Yankees, Phillies v Braves
WS: Red Sox v Phillies
WS MVP: Crawford

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Kingbrave said:
http://markbowman.mlblogs.com/2011/03/27/hicks-and-young-on-opening-day-roster/

Looks like Young and Hicks made the Brave's opening day roster. O'brien tweeted that Brooks did too. Guess Mather is out?
Mather had a horrible spring so I'm not too surprised about that. All he needed to do was have a ok spring and he would have made the team too. Anyway good choices for the bench, just don't let Brooks any where near the field and don't let hicks start full time if gonzo goes down (call up Hernandez) and we should be good.

Guileless

mYm|17| said:
For those who picked the Rays for the WC, I salute you. For those who didn't, fuck you :)

You know Manny and Damon are gonna beast this year
But that bullpen...

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
AL East: Boston, Tampa Bay, New York, Toronto, Baltimore.
AL Central: Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, Kansas City, Cleveland.
AL West: Texas, Oakland, Anaheim, Seattle.
AL MVP: Adrian Gonzalez.
AL Cy Young: Francisco Liriano.
AL Rookie of the Year: Tsuyoshi Nishioka.

NL East: Philadelphia, Atlanta, Florida, New York, Washington.
NL Central: Cincinnati, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Houston.
NL West: Colorado, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Arizona.
NL MVP: Albert Pujols.
NL Cy Young: Roy Halladay.
NL Rookie of the Year: Freddie Freeman.

Playoffs:
Twins over Rays. Red Sox over Rangers.
Rockies over Reds. Phillies over Brewers.
Red Sox over Twins. Phillies over Rockies.
Red Sox over Phillies.
WS MVP: Jon Lester.

Guileless

mYm|17| said:
Friedman put together a solid bullpen last year and I totally have faith in him this year
It was better than solid. Regression likely. Plus, Kyle farnsworth will be involved

Fatalah said:
This offseason I earned a spot on Knicks-GAF, but lost my spot on Yankees-GAF! I'm upset.

arodmadmenresize-1.gif

it's ok, as long as you are part of the Yankee council you are in for life. hey, not that i dont think Sanjuro did a great job with the thread but wasn't it supposed to be a fan of the world series winner? Corran or Xia?
edit: I'll make my predictions later.

Sharp

McNei1y said:
lol Morse with another homer. batting .365
M's fans all hate him for his defense. Then again, they all saw him playing SS... LF is a far less demanding position. I mean, we had Dunn playing LF.

Kingbrave

Windu said:
Mather had a horrible spring so I'm not too surprised about that. All he needed to do was have a ok spring and he would have made the team too. Anyway good choices for the bench, just don't let Brooks any where near the field and don't let hicks start full time if gonzo goes down (call up Hernandez) and we should be good.

Yeah, and apparently Christhian Martinez got the bullpen spot. I hope we just cut Proctor.

Edit: We did release Proctor. Woot!

Braves news:

-- Scott Proctor released
-- Joe Mather placed on waivers
-- Cristhian Martinez wins final bullpen spot
-- Brooks Conrad, Matt Young, and Brandon Hicks win final three bench spots
-- Will wait a few days before deciding whether Jair Jurrjens will be on the roster or the DL (Braves won't need a 5th starter until April 9)
-- Kenshin Kawakami to begin season at AA Mississippi
-- Rodrigo Lopez to begin season at AAA Gwinnett

More on Kawakami: His contract is a rarity for a veteran, in which he does not have a right to refusal clause in his deal that would make him a free agent while keeping his salary guaranteed if he declines a minor league assignment. Kawakami has to accept his assignments or else he forfeits his salary.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
AnEternalEnigma said:
-- Brooks Conrad, Matt Young, and Brandon Hicks win final three bench spots

-- Brooks Conrad win final bench spot

-- Brooks Conrad win bench spot

-- Brooks Conrad win spot

-- Brooks Conrad

To quote the postseason thread...

Y2Kev said:
Why is Brooks Conrad:

a) not a character in the legend of baggar vance
b) so bad at baseball

CajoleJuice said:
BROOKS CONRAD IS THE WORST BASEBALL PLAYER EVER

Taxman said:
I have never seen as bad a player as Brooks Conrad in my life. Wow.

Jubs said:
Brooks Conrad is such a shitty player. Unbelievable. Can Freeman play 2nd?

Schmitty said:
BROOKS CONRAD FOR GOLD GLOVE

ViperVisor said:
Brooks has more balls than brains

Jon said:
Brooks Conrad cost the Phillies the World Series.

bluemax

Banned
Sharp said:
M's fans all hate him for his defense. Then again, they all saw him playing SS... LF is a far less demanding position. I mean, we had Dunn playing LF.

He only played 2 games at SS after 2005 for the Mariners. The rest were OF/DH/1B/3B.

He didn't exactly hit for shit while with the Mariners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom