• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Animal Crossing: City Folk / Let's Go to the City! Thread of Fun & Innocence

Koomaster

I have a feeling turnip prices will tank in my town after the high price last week, so I only bought 500 @ 102 bells a piece. ^___^;;

Also, I finally made a decent snowman!!
RUU_0567.jpg

Lord Freezingworthtonshirealot... ¬___¬

RUU_0580.jpg

Snow Loot! :D As for the fishing tourney...

RUU_0568.jpg

I got started a little late in the morning and Moe had already brung his A-game with a huge Seabass! No time to fool around with turning in regular bass and carp, had to think bigger...

RUU_0569.jpg

So I countered with an even BIGGER Seabass! 8) Everyone loves Seabass!

RUU_0573.jpg

When I went to go find my rival... he seemed a bit confused. Don't think you will be finding any fish on Red Cosmos Hill Moe. :lol

RUU_0609.jpg

My record remained secure the rest of the day, so I got my prize in the mail this morning!

RUU_0610.jpg

Trophy!! w00t!

My latest design comes courtesy of one of my neighbors...

RUU_0608.jpg

Glad you like my designs Moe, and I'll see what I can do about your request...

RUU_0619.jpg

Mmm, this shirt turned out delicious looking! *drools*

RUU_0620.jpg

Apple Sleeves!

RUU_0623.jpg

I think I'm going to rename the town to Apple Strudel...ton...burg...shire...alot... I gotta go.

TJ Spyke

2,900 turnips for 92 bells. I still had plent left over from a few days ago (see the AC thread in the matchup forum for details). Hope to make tons of money.

Scrubking

TJ Spyke said:
2,900 turnips for 92 bells. I still had plent left over from a few days ago (see the AC thread in the matchup forum for details). Hope to make tons of money.

Hey can you come over to my town? My gate is open and I want to see if I can accept visitors. IT was crapping out on me yesterday and I want to see if it works now.

Koren

TJ Spyke said:
I think I also have ~3,000 turnips. Hope I'll get money too.

I'm not sure about the city folk possible scenarii for turnip prices. I started the week at 79, then 75, 71 and 128. It's possible I'll get good prices tonight (before or after 23pm here, so in 10 hours of time, after 23pm if it follows known rules).

I'll post prices on the online topic if they are good, and I'll open the doors. If I don't manage to get good prices at my own city, I'll be interested in any good price elsewhere.

I bought 1000 turnips this sunday for 93 each and today I sold my first 400 for 140 each just to be save. I hope the price ramps up a lot more the next days.

TJ Spyke

Scrubking said:
Hey can you come over to my town? My gate is open and I want to see if I can accept visitors. IT was crapping out on me yesterday and I want to see if it works now.

Sorry I missed this. If you want me to check, I will be home around 3PM (it's 11:42AM where I am).

I will do the same Koren, I will post anytime my Nook gets over 200.

There's a FAQ on Gamefaqs that suggests there are 4 patterns to the turnip prices (based on similarity to Wild World):

1) the "constantly-decreasing" pattern,
2) the "large-spike" pattern,
3) the "small-spike" pattern, and
4) the "random-price" pattern.

The constantly-decreasing turnip price pattern starts Monday morning with a
price between 71 and 87, inclusive. Each successive price is a few bells less.

The large-spike turnip price pattern is a constantly-decreasing pattern that is
interrupted with five prices: a two-price run-up to a spike followed by a two-
price run-down. A constantly-decreasing pattern resumes after the interruption.
In the author's experience, large-spike prices range between 192 and 634, and
they appear only on Thursdays or Fridays.

The small-spike turnip price pattern also involves an interrupted constantly-
decreasing pattern. The maximum price is the fourth price after the
interruption (as oppposed to the third price with the large-spike pattern). In
the author's experience, small-spike prices range between 155 and 218.

The random-price "pattern" really has no pattern; the prices jump up and down.
Most often, the Monday morning price is greater than 87. In the author's
experience, the maximum prices from this "pattern" range between 100 and 153.

So far this week, i started Monday with 69 and it's been constantly decreasing to 52 at the moment (checking 2 times a day)... so with any luck soon i'll have a slight rise x2 and then a massive spike to cash in! If these patterns are true that is...

jibblypop

Banned
When this game was announced and shown off I complained about how it was more of the same. While that may be true, I've played it religiously every single day since release. I love Animal Crossing and I guess given any excuse to start playing it again, I would do it again.
This game relaxes me even on my worst days. I can't fault it for that.

Koomaster

Luigison said:
Any chance you'd be willing to sell or trade that Mush Wall? All I need to complete the Mush set is a wall and stool.
I would, but unfortunately I can only get dial-up right now where I live, so my Wii isn't connected to the net - have to schlep it to a friend's house in order to download anything on it. :s

Also, if that turnip FAQ is right, I am definitely on the 'random' track this week. The price was up to 138 yesterday, then down to 92 this morning, and this afternoon it went back up to 124. I decided to finally sell just so I could have a profit. I only bought 500 turnips this week so it wasn't a big deal. So only ended up making 1,000 bells in profit. Least I didn't lose a ton. :lol

This made me laugh the other day...

RUU_0635.jpg

RUU_0638.jpg

I have been giving my neighbors 'christmasy/seasonal' things to say recently. One day Ruby asked me for a catchphrase and I couldn't think of anything at the moment, so just went with baby Jesus. I had forgotten all about it when I greeted her the next day and ended up laughing for a few minutes over stuff she was saying. :lol

TJ Spyke

I'm hoping for a massive spike in turnip prices too, it's been going down constantly since Monday and it at 52 right now.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nintaiyo said:
:lol Could you take a picture of the template for the pedobear design? I must have it!
I need it as well. Best pattern I've seen lately. :lol

My Nook's is also buying turnips at 333 today.

Scrubking

Okay people, I need help.

I'm at my witts end and ready to trade in this game. See, my problem is that nobody can visit my town. If you try the game hangs then gives me a blue screen of death with risetti on it that says I've been disconnected from WFC and must reset. However, If I try to visit your town there are no problems whatsoever - none. I also have no problems playing other online Wii games like WaW. They all play flawlessly except AC.

You can get more details on the issue here at Nintendo

I've tried everything Nintendo suggested in the thread and have had no results. I even called them today, but the lady on the other end was clueless. People don't want to try to visit me anymore because they know they are going to have to reset and possibly lose stuff. This has become a major pain in my ass and I would appreciate any help to get it fixed once and for all.

Vinci

Danish
I knew better than to look in this thread. I'd put off doing it for a while though, but now ... yeah, I'm going to have to buy this damn game.

Ugh - you people!

Koomaster

:eek: @ the fountain and all your flowers. That's awesome! How do you get the fountain, through donations? Right now my town is building an extra bridge because of that. Probably have to donate a lot more to get a fountain. ^____^;

RUU_0673.jpg

I see Boomer has been watching the holiday classic, 'A Year Without a Santa Claus'!

RUU_0681.jpg

Snowman Funiture collection so far, finally figured out how to make a decent snowman - my main room is getitng messy, but the basement is even worse.

tmaynard

I always forget to post my pictures here, so it's time to catch up.

RUU_0028.jpg

Getting the Mona Lisa as my first painting on the very first try.

RUU_0035.jpg

My friends like to fight over townsfolk. We're always trying to back stab each other to get characters to move into our towns.

RUU_0017.jpg

I think I got Halloween and Christmas mixed up.

RUU_0032.jpg

Me: "I'm gonna post a picture on GAF." Alex: "not this one."

RUU_0019.jpg

Keep Internet Green. :D

RUU_0038.jpg

My friend played on my town for a couple days. Now my townsfolk are satanic.

RUU_0039.jpg

Roar.

RUU_0040.jpg

YESSSSSS. (Her mom is downstairs? What in the hell...)

RUU_0042.jpg

First perfect snowman of the season.

RUU_0043.jpg

To wrap things up, A relaxing cup of joe with Drake and Brewster.

Wizpig

Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City: 2922 3065 1536

David

:D How many people can you add, by the way?
I'll add everyone who adds me, i need some friends.
By the way i had to start over from Wild World because i have US WW and PAL City Folk.

First pictures finally.

001.jpg

I was happy because of all my turnips.

002.jpg

My girlfriend with her first perfect snowman

003.jpg

I started to make some path border patterns. I don't like the messed up frozen desert.
The problem is I need more than 8 patterns for this. So I used our 2 empty houses for some new villagers. I named them "Shovel" and "fishing rod" so I can send them a letter where I store my Shovel and my Fishing rod :D After all of my family has such letters I use these again for the other 2 important tools. Then I'll start to create the patterns again to create my paths :)

Hi there, I have just started playing it!

As I have been following this thread I have now anderstood how this title works, it does fit my style and I really love it, I don't know why some here hate on the game but it is really addicting!

SO! I chose my house near the river, I though it will have a nice view to it.

Of course Tom Nook wanted me to work at his store, he won't even take a no as an answer!
One of the tasks was deliviring a rug to Freya, as cool as she looks she is sure a showoff!
RUU_0001.jpg

Getting garbage sure is a nice way to show your thanks >.>

During some deliveries I chatted with my neighbors alittle bit and found some of them to be really charming
RUU_0003.jpg

Man! talk about serious! I hope you won't move away, I really like you ;_;

RUU_0004.jpg

Yes, all the residents does, dear.

So after some work Nook finally set me free!
RUU_0005.jpg

I know I won't be happy for long.

So for selebration I though I would make a snowman! it will never snow where I live so doing this even virtually is really cute, I would make one near my house, nice stuff.
RUU_0002.jpg

I think I did it the wrong way >_< Mr. Snowman didn't like it, well I never made a snowman in my life so i have an excuse... I really though I would get a present from him for building him!

Well that's it!, taking pics is really easy! am I doing it right in this thread?

TJ Spyke

Koomaster said:
:eek: @ the fountain and all your flowers. That's awesome! How do you get the fountain, through donations? Right now my town is building an extra bridge because of that. Probably have to donate a lot more to get a fountain. ^____^;

You need to donate a total of 500,000 bells. After you donate 1 million bells, you get either a windmill or a lighthouse in your town. Your town can't have both though, so you have to find someone with the other willing to give it to you.

Wizpig, you have 32 people registered at one time.

Luigison

The well can be used to get gold tools and a bridge can help you get around town. Do the windmill or a lighthouse do anything besides look pretty and show off your ability to obtain bells or cheat?

TJ Spyke

I don't know. The Throne (which Nook sells for 800K) is also mainly just for show.

My bridge is worthless. The only spots they let me choose from were near the existing bridges.

MarkusRJR

I got this game on launch day and am already running out of space for items/clothes/etc. I've only upgraded my house once (I've been busy trying to finish Zelda and haven't played all that much), but is there anywhere you can store your items?

TJ Spyke

Yaceka said:
I got this game on launch day and am already running out of space for items/clothes/etc. I've only upgraded my house once (I've been busy trying to finish Zelda and haven't played all that much), but is there anywhere you can store your items?

Get some a dresser (only 1, all dressers in your house are magically linked, like the item boxes in Resident Evil. So having multiple dressers won't help). They can hold 16 pages worth of items.

MarkusRJR

TJ Spyke said:
Get some a dresser (only 1, all dressers in your house are magically linked, like the item boxes in Resident Evil. So having multiple dressers won't help). They can hold 16 pages worth of items.
Thank you. And another thing I'm a bit curious about... does Gracie Grace ever update their items? Every time I go into it there isn't any new furniture or clothing and it's seems kinda pointless.

TJ Spyke

Gracie has 4 sets of stuff, 1 for each season. So she won't change her current stuff for several months. I think it's to get people time to buy all her stuff (her winter stuff, for example, ranges from 60K bells to 300K bells).

MarkusRJR

TJ Spyke said:
Gracie has 4 sets of stuff, 1 for each season. So she won't change her current stuff for several months. I think it's to get people time to buy all her stuff (her winter stuff, for example, ranges from 60K bells to 300K bells).
Thanks again. :D

Two of my friends managed to hit turnip prices past 500 bells. That and keeping up on your fruit trees put me on the fast track to donationville. I also buy flowers everyday from Nook, which got me my silver watering can. Now I'm just going for some interesting cross breeds in the center square.

Paying off the upgrades and town funding has left my house pretty barren, though.

Nice northern lights there, SilverLunar!

chrisdat

i picked up a genie lamp this morning. it was just laying on the ground. anyone know what it's good for?

it's called an Empty Lamp.

Minsc

Gold Member
TJ Spyke said:

I thought some of her winter items were upwards of 2 million bells? Maybe I'm mistaken, I really don't care for any of that black/gold themed stuff in there now.

ckohler

chrisdat said:
i picked up a genie lamp this morning. it was just laying on the ground. anyone know what it's good for?

it's called an Empty Lamp.
You give it to the ghost roaming around late at night and he'll grant you a wish. You can have him either remove all your weeds, remove all your house roaches, or give you an item.

tmaynard

I'm sure some of you will be playing on Christmas Eve, and I'd love to share it with you! I will be opening my gate around 8pm EST on Christmas Eve if any of you would like to come and tinker around in my town. I'll be doing my best to prepare some nice presents to give out!

Friend Code : 2965-2072-2401
Town Name: Internet
Character Name: Trav
I have WiiSpeak!

Please PM me your information if you'd like to come over! I'll add everyone that sends me a PM before 8pm EST on Christmas Eve.

(I didn't post this in the online match-up thread because I felt it was much more specific, and over half of the people I added in there never added me back. So, if this annoys anyone too much I'll delete it!)

beje

Banned
Well, all that floor pattern thing would be awesome if it wasn't for two design fuck-ups that get combined for an even bigger major fuck-up:

- Mapping both "run" and "pick up" to the same button
- Allowing visitors to pick up/remove patterns from the floor

Just because of that, I'm not spending my time just to waste half an hour everyday to fix all the roads once all the visitors are gone.

TJ Spyke

Minsc said:
I thought some of her winter items were upwards of 2 million bells? Maybe I'm mistaken, I really don't care for any of that black/gold themed stuff in there now.

Thankfully no. None of the stuff in her winter set is that expensive:

Blue Argyle Top: 4,800
Zebra shirt: 6,400
Tiger shirt: 6,400
Cow shirt: 6,400
Giraffe shirt: 6,200
Tuxedo: 7,600
Trenchcoat: 5,200
Elegant Umbrella: 3,200
Elegant hat: 6,400
Tortoise specs: 5,200
Masquerade mask: 4,800

Gorgeous wall: 124,000
Gorgeous floor: 124,000
Gorgeous bed: 300,000
Gorgeous chest: 90,000
Gorgeous closet: 140,000
Gorgeous sofa: 120,000
Gorgeous seat: 90,000
Gorgeous stool: 80,000
Gorgeous table: 250,000
Gorgeous desk: 220,000
Gorgeous counter: 180,000
Gorgeous lamp: 60,000

Minsc

Gold Member
TJ Spyke said:
Thankfully no. None of the stuff in her winter set is that expensive:

Blue Argyle Top: 4,800
Zebra shirt: 6,400
Tiger shirt: 6,400
Cow shirt: 6,400
Giraffe shirt: 6,200
Tuxedo: 7,600
Trenchcoat: 5,200
Elegant Umbrella: 3,200
Elegant hat: 6,400
Tortoise specs: 5,200
Masquerade mask: 4,800

Gorgeous wall: 124,000
Gorgeous floor: 124,000
Gorgeous bed: 300,000
Gorgeous chest: 90,000
Gorgeous closet: 140,000
Gorgeous sofa: 120,000
Gorgeous seat: 90,000
Gorgeous stool: 80,000
Gorgeous table: 250,000
Gorgeous desk: 220,000
Gorgeous counter: 180,000
Gorgeous lamp: 60,000

Ah, thanks, I think I was confusing it with a crown then... I saw one of those for quite a bit over a million.

Any one know if the windmill / lighthouse provide any gameplay features (like in the GC one you could enter the lighthouse for a week when the mayor is on vacation)?

tonight I continued with my patterns and I changed them a bit. Now it looks real great. I created Bob and Wendy (from Bob the builder) to store those patterns and to fix it again.

Here are some screens:

04.jpg

taking a breath of fresh air is great.

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

btw: WTF? There are no 5 rooms like in the DS version? Are they kidding me?

Koomaster

Wow Caesar, your town looks really nice, you put a lot of work into those patterns. Excellent job! Also, I am disappointed with the 3-room limit as well. But at least you can change the wallpaper/carpet in the basement this time. Still, I would have liked to have side-rooms.

Today, I spotted Gulliver's UFO flying across town. I heard it and immediately pulled out my slingshot as it started flying overhead, and I barely knicked it - but neglected to get a photo because I was so frenzied. However...

RUU_0686.jpg

I found a spaceship part nearby. I started looking all over town for the UFO like in Wild World, but couldn't find it anywhere, so I don't know what happened with that. Couldn't find any more spaceship parts either.

RUU_0687.jpg

Ruby praying.

RUU_0690.jpg

:lol

At the moment the borders look kinda ugly because the dirt is everywhere. The snow has to grow back and then you'll see the paths perfectly. I hope this doesn't take too long.

Another big problem is the inability to order tools from nook! I just need some axes to rearange the trees properly but I have to wait for nook to get one again :( Perhaps I should start to trade friendcodes with some gafers :D

btw you cannot place patterns in friend towns, too. :(

ps: this video is great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO9-HYkcFvA

edit: screenshot update staring Bob and Wendy :D

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

As you can see in some cases you have to look twice to recognize the patterns.

I can run without a problem because between the path borders there is no pattern so I won't pick one up when starting to run.

Caesar III said:
I noticed this, too. You can even see it on the screenshots posted here.
That's anamorphic widescreen gaming in general, I guess. As a guy with a CRT set the difference is negligible, and it certainly doesn't look like the screenshots. However, due to the nature of LCD I guess the way they poorly stretch the screenshots is decently similar, and helps me understand why some people find Wii so ugly on their fancy sets.

Caesar III said:
btw: WTF? There are no 5 rooms like in the DS version? Are they kidding me?
Wild World was probably trying to compensate a little for not giving every player a house of their own.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Wild World was probably trying to compensate a little for not giving every player a house of their own.
Sure, but the Wii game could do it either. Why limit the game that way? Especially who used the DS game with more than 1 per game? We bought a copy for all of us :D So the big house was a major improvement over the Cube game.

Top Bottom