• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Animal Crossing: City Folk / Let's Go to the City! Thread of Fun & Innocence

Sure, but save space for rooms isn't an issue. They could have a house with 3 rooms or 5 rooms or 10 rooms or 50 rooms, just a design choice. (Though yeah, more rooms would be more fun.)

tmaynard

I didn't play Wild World long enough to get all the extra rooms. The framerate was so damn annoying I ditched the game pretty early and went back to the GC version.

With that said, I don't mind the GC house upgrade setup. So far, I haven't had any issues with space.

I can understand why Wild World players would be upset, but I cannot complain.

tmaynard said:
I didn't play Wild World long enough to get all the extra rooms. The framerate was so damn annoying I ditched the game pretty early and went back to the GC version.

With that said, I don't mind the GC house upgrade setup. So far, I haven't had any issues with space.

I can understand why Wild World players would be upset, but I cannot complain.
you can never have enough room :) I did not have all 5 rooms in the DS version either.

I wanted to make a chess room, a kiddy room and 2 other set-rooms. That's not possible now. You can even not buy and use all of Grazias sets. :(

Koomaster

Koomaster said:
Today, I spotted Gulliver's UFO flying across town. I heard it and immediately pulled out my slingshot as it started flying overhead, and I barely knicked it - but neglected to get a photo because I was so frenzied. However...

RUU_0686.jpg

I found a spaceship part nearby. I started looking all over town for the UFO like in Wild World, but couldn't find it anywhere, so I don't know what happened with that. Couldn't find any more spaceship parts either.
As an update...

RUU_0725.jpg

Who falls asleep on the beach? Beach Bums that's who!

RUU_0698.jpg

:O Wow, his spaceship looks torn up!

RUU_0699.jpg

I guess he must have crashed in the ocean yesterday and finally washed ashore today. I was wondering what was up with not being able to find him when I originally shot him down.

RUU_0700.jpg

Yes, asteroid. That is what hit your ship. ^___^;;

RUU_0701.jpg

Space Child! \m/ He's lucky I saved his spaceship part. I was using it to 'decorate' my basement.

RUU_0703.jpg

The gift from 'beyond the stars' was a compass, as if we don't have them on Earth. Gulliver has not been right in the head since his appearance on the GC version.

RUU_0708.jpg

'Space Kindness!' He is clearly obsessed.

RUU_0709.jpg

:lol

RUU_0704.jpg

Wait, why are you calling us idiot... oh, idioms, I see, carry on.

RUU_0706.jpg

With as often as you end up passed out on my beaches, you should rethink that hobby.

RUU_0707.jpg

Also, as you can see in the pics, yes, I do have pink shoes. Kicks in the city gave them to me yesterday. I told him to match the COLOR I was wearing which was all red as you can see. So he is obviously color blind. When I went back to him today to ask him to change them, he said all they needed was a shine. He wouldn't give me a new color! I guess I will be walking around with girl shoes for a few more days. :p

tmaynard

Poor color blind Kicks... haha Koo, you have so many more events happening in your town. Are you time travelling? Because I haven't even seen a coconut, yet.

Took a couple more pictures today. Will be taking a lot more tonight when I have my "Christmas Party". By the way, I've added all the people who have PM'd me.

On to the pictures...

RUU_0048.jpg

A little preparation to help get me in the Christmas mood.

RUU_0001-1.jpg

I think my Mom is trying to tell me something...

Many more to come.

Koomaster

tmaynard said:
Poor color blind Kicks... haha Koo, you have so many more events happening in your town. Are you time travelling? Because I haven't even seen a coconut, yet.
No, I play naturally; it's a game I'll play everyday till the next one comes out, so there is no use time traveling and spoiling all the fun. Plus all your turnips get spoiled - that's where I make my fortune, no way am I wanting to kill them. :p

I do get an extraordinarily high number of coconuts wash up on my beach though - at least one a week. It probably has something to do with the feng shui of my house, but I never followed that so I couldn't tell you which side does what. But I do have 5 or 6 lucky items around the house, so they are probably doing something for me.

Today, I bought the tiger striped shirt from GracieGrace and visited Kicks - he gave me red slippers. :p

RUU_0739.jpg

This is not my best look. But anyway, this is the new bridge that just got built in town.

RUU_0740.jpg

It's at the very bottom of my town, so it will help when I am fishing by the ocean to quickly cross over to the other side. When asked, my only other choices were right beside where this one went, and then right beside the other bridge by the bottom.

TJ Spyke

Wizpig, do you live in the UK? Jingle doesn't come until 8PM, which would fit in the UK.

I had to buy some extra clothes and hats from the Able Sisters/Nookway since I want to get all the items from Jingle.

TJ Spyke

Ah.

Looks like another low turnip week for me. Nook's prices have been going down every time.

tmaynard, what does your flag have Hitler on it?

bryehn

TJ Spyke said:
Ah.

Looks like another low turnip week for me. Nook's prices have been going down every time.

tmaynard, what does your flag have Hitler on it?

It's McAuley Culkin from Home Alone dude.

Wizpig

Aaaand Jingle is gone.
At least i got my Jingle Piano before he left.
The whole set is, i think, 10 items; i have 7 or 8. [lots of doubles though]

Koomaster

I know Hitler gets me in the Christmas Mood! :lol

I have all my disguises ready to go when Jingle gets here. I also read that you can put flowers in your hair and that will fool him as well. Gimme pressies Jingle! :D

beje

Banned
Got all 12 items, took long enough, I think I have around 30 total just out of pure boredom (also I wanted to be sure I wasn't skipping any).

Also, you CAN change clothes to look different, but you also have to change either hat or glasses, so you have to make a complete round of combinig glasses + hats then change your shirt and start over the head combinations.

tmaynard

TJ Spyke said:
I can see it now. Just a casual look took makes it seem like Hitler. My bad. :lol

Haha, Yeah, it's a bit rough considering the limitations of the pattern colors. But most people I've shown it to notice who it is right away.

tmaynard

I opened my town up at 8 and no one came! I have to do some things with my family, so I'll have to close it up until tomorrow.

I'll try to open mine up a lot tomorrow so some of you can come visit.

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

TJ Spyke

Screw Jingle. I got the Jingle Wall an Jingle carpet from him, then he disappeared. I've spent the last hour running around my village trying to find him again.

Koomaster

RUU_0767.jpg

Jingle got absolutely ROBBED! :lol

Had to use 15 different diguises plus 20 flowers from around town. He was holding out on me, I knew he had a piano deep in that bag somewhere. ¬___¬

Also TJ, Jingle doens't leave till midnight. Have you checked your neighbor's houses, he goes into ones that aren't home. You can head into their houses while they aren't there as well tonight. If it's before midnight, he's still in your town, just gotta hunt him down!

DarkWish

Gunloc said:
First DLC from Nintendo started today in Japan. It's a red Pikmin hat. You can order it from Nook too. I was able to get one and it looks really neat.

Here's the announcement on the official Japanese web site (with a picture):
www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/ruuj/iteminfo/index.html
I got it from someone online, and it's pretty cool. I hope they release hats for the other Pikmin. I'm just glad we're finally getting DLC. I wonder if the US will ever get it sent to them. It doesn't really matter since we can just get it from people in other countries, but it still would be nice to get it straight from Nintendo.

TJ Spyke

I am out of outfits (I even used all 8 patterns), and the Able Sisters are closed. Looks like I will be stuck 3 items short of a full set. I still need a Jingle Chair, Jingle Clock, and Jingle Lamp. If anybody has these and would be willing to trade, let me know. I have an extra Jingle Carpet and Jingle Piano, but a ton of regular items.

What a haul I picked up from Jingle tonight
5 beds
5 dressers
5 wardrobes
4 chairs
5 sofas
4 tables
6 shelves
6 pianos
6 clocks
4 lamps
2 walls
2 carpets

Selling the extras to Nook will net me 514,080 bells, not bad.

TJ Spyke

Could you save an extra lamp, clock, and chair for me? I will buy them from you (not right now of coarse, it's almost 1AM for me and I am going to sleep).

Got the entire Jingle set (that blasted table took awhile), then spent the rest of the four hours farming Jingle carpets for sale tomorrow. They will bring in a nice, tidy sum. :D

Saving the extra furniture for trading later on, still have to sort through it to see exactly what I got.

Nintaiyo

Ugh...got a total of 42 presents from Jingle, and not one Jingle bed in the bunch. Anyone have an extra? I'd be willing to trade any other Jingle furniture or money.

Wizpig

Nintaiyo said:
Ugh...got a total of 42 presents from Jingle, and not one Jingle bed in the bunch. Anyone have an extra? I'd be willing to trade any other Jingle furniture or money.
Sure i have one, i'll let you know later what i need [i think a Jingle Chair, but i'll let you know]

Is there a xmas party today (the 25th)? Do I get any xmas gifts? Who is Jingle? Sorry for all the Qs but my gf got me this two days ago and were about to go to our family's place for real food and gifts, but I want some damn Animal Crossing loving.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well I hope you all will forgive me, but even though I created this thread, I had not gotten the game until today. I've cleared all the annoying "firsts" and can now play the game at my leisure, so hopefully I will be a more active participant in this thread.

Thanks~

Andrex, I'm not sure if you're still updating your OP, but I found one error. In the Features-Game section, it says that all previous villagers return. Unfortunately, that is not true. (Though, I'm not sure why. There is more than enough room on the disc.)

reggieandTFE said:
Is there a xmas party today (the 25th)? Do I get any xmas gifts? Who is Jingle? Sorry for all the Qs but my gf got me this two days ago and were about to go to our family's place for real food and gifts, but I want some damn Animal Crossing loving.
The Xmas themed even takes place on the 24th from 8:00PM-Midnight. Jingle the reindeer gives out pieces of Jingle furniture every time you find him in town (outside or in empty houses) as long as you wear a different accessory everytime you talk to him. (Clothes don't matter)

Teknoman

Hey everyone, Tek Town will be up soon :D

Yup, got Animal Crossing + Wii Speak for Christmas. Now to add some friend codes. Oh and quick question, Wii speak is always on when people are visiting right? Or is there a way to turn it on and off during gameplay?

bumpkin

Woohoo! The wife got me City Folk for Christmas. I shall be joining the world of AC very soon. Is there a place for exchanging friend codes with other residents here on NEOGAF?

Teknoman said:
Hey everyone, Tek Town will be up soon :D

Yup, got Animal Crossing + Wii Speak for Christmas. Now to add some friend codes. Oh and quick question, Wii speak is always on when people are visiting right? Or is there a way to turn it on and off during gameplay?
There's an option you can access through your in-game menu to turn it on and off. It's in the same tab as Friend Codes, I believe.

Teknoman

LouieGeetoo said:
There's an option you can access through your in-game menu to turn it on and off. It's in the same tab as Friend Codes, I believe.

Cool. Just in case it gets too loud, dont want to annoy others.

Teknoman

Owning my first AC series game, i've gotta say its kinda cool to have both the sun in game and in real life, setting at what seems to be the exact same rate of speed.

JSnake

Aw man! I was all ready to post a big picture story of my first day in AC: CF only to learn the game only stores one photo at a time. sigh... :(

Top Bottom