• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Animal Crossing: City Folk / Let's Go to the City! Thread of Fun & Innocence

jibblypop

Banned
TJ Spyke said:
I will try in about 30 minutes. I am down to 1 bar on my Wii Remote and need to re-charge the batteries.

No problem. I opened my gate and I'll leave it on while I watch my raptors lose to the celtics.

Koomaster said:
I loaded some pictures today onto my SD card to get developed at one of those instant photo kiosks. While I was scrolling through them on the screen, my Animal Crossing pictures popped up.

Apparently you can print them out, I guess that really shouldn't come as any surprise, but it was kind of a 'whoa' moment for me. I printed off two of my New Years ones of the countdown clock and of some fireworks to try it out and the pictures come out looking VERY awesome
I don't understand this correctly! What did you do? You used one of the Wiis buildin print services? Or what?

Can you, again, place turnips on tables and stuff and they last over the sunday like you could do in the previous games?

JSnake

Caesar III said:
I don't understand this correctly! What did you do? You used one of the Wiis buildin print services? Or what?

Can you, again, place turnips on tables and stuff and they last over the sunday like you could do in the previous games?

Nope, that glitch no longer works.

Koomaster

jibblypop said:
34ipnwo.jpg

This is my favorite thing that I've ever seen an animal in my town say to me! I literally laughed out loud at it! :lol
That is hilarious! :lol

Koomaster

Caesar III said:
No, the SD card that I use to save all my Animal Crossing photos on. I hooked that up to my computer in order to load some real life pictures of me and my friends on it.

I took the SD card to an instant Kodak photo kiosk - like you find at Walmart or a drug store. You can scan in pictures or if you have a CD or a SD card or whatever, it will read the pictures off of it. They usually have these machines around the photo department.

You can select the photos you want on the screen, and it will print them off right there, no waiting. It's about .23 cent a photo.

While I was selecting the photos of me and my friends, I saw that the machine was also reading my Animal Crossing photos and would print them out too. So I gave it a shot, and sure enough, I got some nice prints of some pics I took from the game.

So this isn't a Nintendo sponsered thing at all; just something I stumbled across.

Edit:
PicturePicture.jpg

My camera is kinda old/crappy, but you get the idea. The photos look great in person; my camera is just bad.

Koomaster

Caesar III said:
ah, ok, I thought you found a hidden feature or something :D

But nice nevertheless ;) btw such pictures are 6€cent here in some stores :D
Ah, gotcha. And man, I wish photos were that cheap here. I'm definitely going back one day and printing out some more of these photos, maybe create my own AC scrapbook. :lol

Koomaster

Caesar III said:
how big are those 2 photos? They look really big. The 6cent pictures I meant are 15x10cm ;)
They are 6'x4', which I think is the same as 15x10cm. Someone in the January pick-up post tho was talking about some Walmarts installing poster printing machines. He made a huge poster for his wall for like $12.

ah, ok, so this is a really smart shelf? :D

check out our prices ;) and this is not the cheapest service (all in cm!)

Today I followed your 'advice' and changed my char to my Mii. Beforehand I changed my Mii to have the hat.
I looked like this before:
05.jpg

Btw: I figured out: When you open your gate there will be no bees and you cannot find the money stone as well.

Koomaster

Yeah, I have a cockpit desk similar to the one in the link. It has a small cubby shelf off to the side about 30cm tall, 25cm wide. I keep all my DS/GBA stuff in there as you can see, and I can lock it up and such. I just taped the photos onto the inside door of the cubby.

Also, totally jealous of those prices for printing, wonder why we are so expensive in the US? ¬___¬

Teknoman

Damn...I keep forgetting to get more tracks from K.K., though I finally remember to look for Joan today. Got 30 turnips and planted one red. How can you be sure that you're watering the plant and not around it?

Marvie_3

Banned
TJ Spyke said:
Oh, I finally got my fountain yesterday. No luck getting silver or gold axes. What happens if I lie and tell her I threw in a silver or gold axe?
It's better if you tell her the truth and say you threw in a regular axe. She gets mad sometimes if you lie to her...

Would some please come to my town and buy everything in nooks store and leave a sling shot and axe : ) ???? I have been avoiding paying my mortgage to upgrade my town. God i wish there was a meter so i could see my progress.

Also, i have pears, cherries, and oranges and im looking for apples and peaches if you have some. I want some color in my town.

Im away from my Wii so i cant give my friend code but if your interested in helping a fellow "crosser" out shoot me a pm. I would be glad to help anyone if i can.

meppi

It could be me but seems like there's a lot of sexual undertones in the dialog, at least in my village.

This girl has some freaky fantasies going on.
RUU_0010.jpg

Did she actually ask one of the 2 guys that she was talking about in the previous picture if she could join in???
RUU_0013.jpg

Okidoki, moving along.
RUU_0012.jpg

Yeah, better not comment on this one....
RUU_0028.jpg

Tom the Triad cat seems to appreciate my skills.
RUU_0011.jpg

What in the world went wrong with this bunnyrabbit??? 0_o
RUU_0031.jpg

Koomaster

dkeane said:
Is there any other way to store turnips other than putting them on the floor in your house? My entire house is packed.
Just toss 'em out on the ground in your village. Just be sure to WiFi with trusted people who won't take them. ^____^;

meppi said:
What in the world went wrong with this bunnyrabbit??? 0_o
If you never played the GC game, that is pretty much what your face would look like if you shut off the game without returning to your town after visiting a friend's town. Your face would be all hollowed out like a gyroid. I can only assume that is what happened with Coco there. :lol

meppi

Koomaster said:
If you never played the GC game, that is pretty much what your face would look like if you shut off the game without returning to your town after visiting a friend's town. Your face would be all hollowed out like a gyroid. I can only assume that is what happened with Coco there. :lol

I did play the GC version. Even imported it from the US because at the time it didn't seem like it was ever going to get released in Europe.
Never had that happen though.

Coco just moved in to my town today.
From your reply I figured that it might have been a temporary thing. But I just went back to check up on here and she's still looks like a hollowed out sand castle... :-/
I actually like it in some weird twisted way. :)

Koomaster

meppi said:
I did play the GC version. Even imported it from the US because at the time it didn't seem like it was ever going to get released in Europe.
Never had that happen though.

Coco just moved in to my town today.
From your reply I figured that it might have been a temporary thing. But I just went back to check up on here and she's still looks like a hollowed out sand castle... :-/
I actually like it in some weird twisted way. :)
Haha, yeah, that's her look. I was just speculating that the train-thing must have happened to her at some point in her life and that is why she looks like that now. :p

meppi

Koomaster said:
Haha, yeah, that's her look. I was just speculating that the train-thing must have happened to her at some point in her life and that is why she looks like that now. :p
Ah I see. :)

I hope that one day I'll get my favourite animal ever back in the Wii version.
I had this orange mouse with blue ears I think in the DS game. He had such a terrible personality that I couldn't help but love him.
Forgot his name though.
One day he gave me a picture of himself to put on the table in my house with something written on the back if I remember correctly.

ckohler

Tom lives in my friend's town and he's hilarious. He goes around saying the creepiest stuff, wearing what looks like dresses and has kiddy furniture in his house. :lol

Btw, I've finished setting up my perfect money making town. 99% of all my trees are now rare fruit (oranges) and when I farm it out, I make 550,500 bells! It takes me two hours to do, but I rake in the money. :D

Koomaster

meppi said:
Ah I see. :)

I hope that one day I'll get my favourite animal ever back in the Wii version.
I had this orange mouse with blue ears I think in the DS game. He had such a terrible personality that I couldn't help but love him.
Forgot his name though.
One day he gave me a picture of himself to put on the table in my house with something written on the back if I remember correctly.
Limberg.gif
Limberg. "Something stinks."

Strangly, he is one of the animals I never see, not in the GC, not on DS, and so far not in the Wii. I've just never met him yet. I don't even have his card in my AC e-reader card collection. :lol

On the other hand, animals like Lobo or Roald, I have had in every game.

meppi

Koomaster said:
Limberg.gif
Limberg. "Something stinks."

Strangly, he is one of the animals I never see, not in the GC, not on DS, and so far not in the Wii. I've just never met him yet. I don't even have his card in my AC e-reader card collection. :lol

On the other hand, animals like Lobo or Roald, I have had in every game.
That's the one!!! :D

I just love that guy. Seems like it was me and him against the world for the year and a half that I played the DS game.
The things that that little mouse would say, oh my. Such a foul mouth. :lol
Talking behind other peoples back all the time and so much crazy stuff that I sadly don't remember anymore. My one goal for the Wii game is to get him into town again.

TJ Spyke

Has anyone been able to get an animal from someone else's village to move to yours? I've tried talking to them, sending them letters (including with presents) and I haven't been able to get them to move to mine.

Koomaster

TJ Spyke said:
Has anyone been able to get an animal from someone else's village to move to yours? I've tried talking to them, sending them letters (including with presents) and I haven't been able to get them to move to mine.
I think you have to wait for them to actually move, then visit that person's town again and they might come to yours.

Also, Lobo is a wolf, Roald is a penguin. The white wolf you are talking about sounds like Whitney maybe?

TJ Spyke

Yes, Whitney. I was typing that first message at school and couldn't remember her name.

Anyone plan on opening their gate today? My Nook is remodeling today and I would like to at least get visitor points.

meppi

Oh my. Just had a funny encounter.

Cesar the Orangutan who dresses in all white, has one of those thin mustaches just above his lip and calls everyone "highness" just made a comment how 2 of the girls in town that used to be close friends had a huge fight.
And he seemed to be flabbergasted as to what could have happened.

Cesar.gif

But then he commented about how he's the last person to know how girls are. :lol

Screenshot Update:

15.jpg

me as my mii with my newly created blanka (the cat without a face). she wanted to look cool.

16.jpg

my girlfriend while fishing

17.jpg

me with my home made picture

18.jpg

my girlfriend wanted to go to my bed too

19.jpg

Luigi wins, can you see it? LUIGI WINS!

20.jpg

my girlfriend with the great sky effect.

STG

It's boring :/

no one is visiting me, and I have never been in an other city

so ADD ME!

0517-1712-9550
agony | Midgard

STG

Nintaiyo said:
Caesar, how did you get the modern bed up in the attic?

put a bed in your inventory, walk up to the bed and stand infront of it and press the action button, you can change it there

Teknoman

STG said:
It's boring :/

no one is visiting me, and I have never been in an other city

so ADD ME!

0517-1712-9550
agony | Midgard

CreatureX3 said:
I would love to visit.

2793-4318-7916
Creature @ Brinstar

Add me too. I still need more towns to visit...also Stalk market.

Andrew ; Tek Town ; 4769-1585-6475

Also the Anicro program site, for those who want to convert their favorite images into patterns:

http://joshuajamesslone.name/anicrodesapro/downloads/index.html

Top Bottom