• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Animal Crossing: City Folk / Let's Go to the City! Thread of Fun & Innocence

Koomaster

TJ Spyke said:
I went a little overboard today and bought 5,200 turnips (at 96 bells each).
I did you one worse; 9,300 turnips (at 110 bells each), what was I thinking?! I am anticipating that 500+ pricepoint or I'll really be in the hole. ^____^;;

Found out that having 93 bushels of turnips laying around your town kills your environmental rating. Had to make room for them in my house to keep my 'perfect' status. :lol

d+pad

BTW, Koomaster - just wanted to send you a belated "thank you" for taking the time to type up the info on how to achieve a perfect town. I'm going to give it a try soon :)

jibblypop

Banned
well i just spent all my money on turnips at 96 bells a piece. I hope i get a good price this week. if anyone has a nice price in their town please let me know and i will do the same! :D

by the way i'll be leaving my gate open for the next couple hours for no good reason.

bumpkin

TJ Spyke/jibblypop/Nintaiyo: Do any of you guys have oranges or peaches in your town that I could come snag?

If not, does anyone who has oranges and peaches in their town want to trade friend codes? :D

jibblypop

Banned
bumpkin said:
TJ Spyke/jibblypop/Nintaiyo: Do any of you guys have oranges or peaches in your town that I could come snag?

If not, does anyone who has oranges and peaches in their town want to trade friend codes? :D

I have both but I may have sold them all at Nook's today.. you can check my town if you want though .. maybe i missed a few.

If you havent got them in a few days let me know cuz they will grow back soon!

bumpkin

jibblypop said:
I have both but I may have sold them all at Nook's today.. you can check my town if you want though .. maybe i missed a few.

If you havent got them in a few days let me know cuz they will grow back soon!
Ah, right on! Yeah, we can arrange to meet up some night in a few days. Does the game let you mail fruit? You should be able to send mail to me in my town since you visited, right? If not, we can also just arrange a night this week for me to snag some.

Marvie_3

Banned
evilromero said:
it's still somewhat charming even if it always puts me to sleep (not joking either).
I totally have this problem. I'm usually laying on the couch while I play and fall asleep all the time. If I'm fishing a lot it makes it so much worse.... :lol

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Somebody NEEDS to have a high Turnip price this week. I accidentally overpurchased them... sigh. There go my savings...

If anyone has turnips at a price of 150 or more at ANY point this week, please let me be your friend.

Lord Helmet said:
Caesar III, I've added you to my list. I have removed a few people that have not registered me. If any newer players would like to add me, I will do the same. I don't see anyone online as of late, granted most of the people on my list were around during the first week or so of release. I image some have stopped playing, or maybe I just have bad timing.
Here's my info: Jay | Planet J | 2192-1130-7848
I'll add you in a few minutes/hours.

jibblypop said:
well i just spent all my money on turnips at 96 bells a piece. I hope i get a good price this week. if anyone has a nice price in their town please let me know and i will do the same! :D
I bought 2000 Turnips as well. So I want to know too. Hopefully the timing fits because of Europe/NA :)
by the way i'll be leaving my gate open for the next couple hours for no good reason.
Ok, I'll check it. Nook is upgrading today, so this would be perfect :)

STG

Caesar III said:
a friend of mine said she got a pineapple from one of her animals? what?
I did this in Wild World

just send letters to all of the characters in your town and attach a fruit to every letter, chances are good that they will send a letter back wit a fruit attached and sometimes it's a foreign one

I think this works in CF too

edit: lol a pineapple, haven't read that part :>

yeah, stupid girl :D

STG said:
I did this in Wild World

just send letters to all of the characters in your town and attach a fruit to every letter, chances are good that they will send a letter back wit a fruit attached and sometimes it's a foreign one

I think this works in CF too
Yeah it works, we got all the fruits this way ;)

Koomaster

RUU_1144.jpg

Anyone happen to know what's up with this? I found this laying on the ground today when I was walking around my town. Does this have to do with my environment being perfect or something?

jibblypop

Banned
Looks like TJ Spyke got banned. That's a shame since he was one of the most active Animal Crossing players on the forum.

Is it permanent?

d+pad

Sigh. Today is the fourth (or is it fifth) day in a row I've botched a snowman. I'm not sure why I'm trying anymore, as I already have a complete snowman furniture set - I guess I just feel I have to do it as long as there's some snow on the ground. :lol

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Question on traveling to a friends town, and them coming to mine....

We've registered each others friend code, person name, and town name. Lets say i wanted him to come to my town, what do i need to do?

Koren

You open your doors (talk to the policeman on the right near the door), and he ask to the guy in his own town to travel. Your town will appear in his list of possible destinations.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Koren said:
You open your doors (talk to the policeman on the right near the door), and he ask to the guy in his own town to travel. Your town will appear in his list of possible destinations.

Do we both need to be playing Animal Crossing at the same time, or can he come to my town if both our gates are open, even if my Wii is off at the time?

jibblypop

Banned
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Do we both need to be playing Animal Crossing at the same time, or can he come to my town if both our gates are open, even if my Wii is off at the time?

Your gate can only be open while you are playing Animal Crossing. When you save and quit the gate closes automatically. It's really inconvenient to be honest but that is how it is.
------------

man.. im so nervous about turnips this week.. this is the first time i ever bought them and nook is offering less and less money each time.. he is down to 60 bells right now... damn..
:(

d+pad

jibblypop said:
man.. im so nervous about turnips this week.. this is the first time i ever bought them and nook is offering less and less money each time.. he is down to 60 bells right now... damn..
:(

I feel your pain. This is the first week I've jumped into the turnip market, and Nook's prices have gone from the mid-80s to the low-70s in two days. Hopefully they'll spike on Thursday or Friday (fingers crossed). Or maybe someone here will let us know when they have high prices (pretty please)?

Teknoman

jibblypop said:
Looks like TJ Spyke got banned. That's a shame since he was one of the most active Animal Crossing players on the forum.

Is it permanent?

I always wonder how certain people get banned. I mean, some of the GAF that get temp. banned...I couldnt picture them doing something that was against board rules.

Anyway, if I get a good turnip price, i'll post. Also cant let my Red Turnip die.

jibblypop

Banned
The really bad thing I just realized is that I will be away from my apartment and the Nintendo on Thursday, Friday and Saturday..

So if there is no good turnip price by then I will be screwed.

Teknoman

Man 59B per turnip...damn it Nook.

Oh and Flea Market this Sunday? Whats that all about? Would be nice to have everyone visit each other's (3p visit that is) town to check out the different market. By the way, the last few people who added me haven't had the heart pop up next to em yet.

I realise this is probably bad form since it's asking about Animal Crossing hax0ring, but I swear I only have the purest of intentions: Has anyone discovered a code to reset the path-creation? My town is best described as a horrible wasteland. I would like my grass back.

Teknoman said:
Grass doesnt grow back?

Yes but it takes forever. (According to a datamine someone did it's a ridiculous timeframe, like six months). In the meantime any walking/running you do only makes it WORSE. It's a horrible feature Nintendo didn't test very well...

Marvie_3

Banned
jibblypop said:
I have no idea but I was kinda hoping it would replenish after the season... or the year or something? Does anyone know?
It doesn't really. It grows back a bit faster in the spring. But it still takes about 3-4 months of not running over an area AT ALL for it to grow back. I wish Nintendo would make a damn patch that would fix the regrow rate. My town is damn near bare.....

Marvie_3

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
Yes but it takes forever. (According to a datamine someone did it's a ridiculous timeframe, like six months). In the meantime any walking/running you do only makes it WORSE. It's a horrible feature Nintendo didn't test very well...
Supposedly the problem comes from one tiny error in the programming.... Like one wrong number in the "refresh rate" part. FIX IT NINTENDO!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Dragona Akehi said:
I realise this is probably bad form since it's asking about Animal Crossing hax0ring, but I swear I only have the purest of intentions: Has anyone discovered a code to reset the path-creation? My town is best described as a horrible wasteland. I would like my grass back.

Eek.

I haven't noticed that in our game, but maybe I'm just not used to noticing the difference between grass and dirt in the game.

DavidDayton said:
I'm just not used to noticing the difference between grass and dirt in the game.
WHAT? :lol

Top left and right is dirt, snow is grass ;)
09.jpg

With our paths we managed to minimize the desertification :) But I want this feature to be changed as well.

I NEED a good price this week! So if anyone has please tell me!

Koomaster

Yeah, my town is pretty bad right now, it's getting so that I can't even roll a decent snowman. If this is indeed a programming error, I hope Nintendo will fix it! It would be great if we could get a nice covering of grass/snow everytime it rained/snowed. That would make sense, how grass grows with a little rain, and well, there is more snow after it snows.

One thing I've noticed is that I have a hill in town I have dubbed 'Red Cosmos Hill' because it's completely covered with red cosmos. Well the desertification of that area completely stopped after I planted all those flowers even though I use that hill daily. So I am hoping/thinking that extreme flower coverage will stop any grass loss. It might be that you have to have 1 spot, plus the 8 spots around it all covered with flowers just to get the spot in the middle to stop losing grass.

Anyway, now that my museum's fossil collection is complete I don't have to walk all over town every day fossil hunting. So for the past two days I have been avoiding that hill and area in general because I want to see what it looks like after a week, to see if any grass/snow has grown back. Hopefully the amount of flowers, plus having my environment in perfect condition will speed up recovery. If that's the case then I'm going to start marking off bits of my town to avoid and let the environmental recovery begin.

Dragona Akehi said:

If you have the Homebrew Channel installed...

Download this:
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Save_Extractor

Download/use this:
http://actoolkit.game-hackers.com/

Then this:
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Savegame_Installer

Always keep a backup save! My town looked like a desert wasteland. Now all my snow is back.

Lord Helmet said:
If you have the Homebrew Channel installed...

Download this:
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Save_Extractor

Download/use this:
http://actoolkit.game-hackers.com/

Then this:
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Savegame_Installer

Always keep a backup save! My town looked like a desert wasteland. Now all my snow is back.

Is that Windows only? Dammit looks like it is... :(

Artadius said:
Question for you folks who are experiencing disastrous grass death... are you time traveling any?

No.

Artadius said:
Question for you folks who are experiencing disastrous grass death... are you time traveling any?

No time traveling here, though my clock is intentionally two hours behind because I usually get home too late at night to get much done.

My town got real bad after about 5-6 weeks, but I have 3 people playing regularly, and 1 "part timer."

jibblypop

Banned
hey Dragona Akehi,

do you play animal crossing online at all?

most people in the thread seem to be leaving their gate open less lately so I'm always trying to ask whoever starts posting in this thread.. :D

as an aside.. i managed to sell my turnips in my girlfriend's town earlier today.. 214 a turnip for a nice profit!!

Teknoman said:
I need to visit :D Also I think i'll start using my wiispeak mic now.

I just registered you. I dunno how long it takes Nintendo to put it through.

I'm going to leave my gate open for awhile, though I may not be around. Come and go as you need! Just watch the flowers/saplings! :)

Edit: Feel free to grab a hat by the gate too!

Top Bottom