• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Animal Crossing: City Folk / Let's Go to the City! Thread of Fun & Innocence

from last page...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POLICE ALERT: THIS THREAD AND FORUM IS BEING MONITORED FOR ADULTS THAT SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING THIS GAME FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN PREDATORY PRACTICES ON UNSUSPECTING MINORS. IP ADDRESSES ARE BEING RECORDED AND SWAT TEAMS ARE BEING DISPATCHED TO PROTECT OUR CHILDREN FROM 9,000 PENISES.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Ack... Lord Helmet, is it too late to get in to your Turnip Buying action?

My Nook is buying turnips for 502 bells right now. Gates are open!

He'll say something like "I've got limited space back here, so let's not do the doubles thing."

Anyone still have Nook's open and have a decent price for Turnips? I'm not picky, I'll take anything 90 or above so I don't lose my ass this week :\

Pavé: "Oh, what do you want from Pavé? You have candy already?! This time I will give you something new, give to me candy!"
Found Wisp's lamp. Later that night, he revealed himself to me.
Perverts

Kimi

When I logged in today, Pete was waiting outside of my house with a letter from Nintendo!
(Can someone make the pictures show for me? Thanks!)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3606/3364098904_d7e6286cba.jpg?v=0

My fountain, and my best pal Grizzly!

3364098516_6a118b7770.jpg

I heart Princess furniture
3364098692_10847149f1.jpg

I also <3 my lawn gnome and bunny balloons!
3364098590_6f72fcc938.jpg

Neomoto

Kimi said:
When I logged in today, Pete was waiting outside of my house with a letter from Nintendo!
(Can someone make the pictures show for me? Thanks!)

3364098904_d7e6286cba.jpg

My fountain, and my best pal Grizzly!

3364098516_6a118b7770.jpg

I heart Princess furniture
3364098692_10847149f1.jpg

I also <3 my lawn gnome and bunny balloons!
3364098590_6f72fcc938.jpg
Here you go Kimi. :) Btw, the images didn't work because of the ?v=0 after the .jpg

AdamMPSP

DavidDayton said:
Letter from Nintendo?

Yeah, when you have the Wii Connect 24 turned on, you'll occasionally get gifts and stuff from Nintendo. I've only had the game for two days, but I got the shamrock hat as well. Pretty sweet, I rock it with my pirate eye-patch.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
AdamMPSP said:
Yeah, when you have the Wii Connect 24 turned on, you'll occasionally get gifts and stuff from Nintendo. I've only had the game for two days, but I got the shamrock hat as well. Pretty sweet, I rock it with my pirate eye-patch.

Odd. We hadn't gotten it...

d+pad

Anyone here know how or if I can get the NA DLC (the shamrock hat) if I boot the game through Gecko? I'm kind of guessing it's not possible, since it seems I can't have WiiConnect 24 enabled when I boot Gecko.

D-Pad

My mom played (US version) today and got a letter from Nintendo with a Pikmin hat attached :D Don't know if this is old news or not, but meh, I'm still upset that my grass won't grow back.

AdamMPSP

PIKMIN HAT, BITCHES.

I look like a pimp. Tom Nook can suck it. Oh snap, think I'll donate this pill bug to the museum. Ya heard?

Love,

Adam.

AdamMPSP

Okay, but on a serious note, do the goods in Gracie's shop ever change? I haven't been playing for very long, but it's still the same stuff as Day One.

they change every season, 4 series a year. The next series should start in april or in may, I think may. You'll notice because there is a big sale then with a lot of % off.

Kimi

AdamMPSP said:
PIKMIN HAT, BITCHES.

I look like a pimp. Tom Nook can suck it. Oh snap, think I'll donate this pill bug to the museum. Ya heard?

Love,

Adam.

While you're at it, donate this flea I caught on Roscoe.

Koomaster

I got a neat story event for City Folk dealing with the Able Sisters. In previous games we had learned all about their parent's tragic death; now we get ANOTHER sad story from them. Man, these girls have had a sad life. :(

This story took almost 2 weeks to play out; each day getting another piece. Spoilers follow below if you care about spoilers in Animal Crossing...

RUU_1476.jpg

Starts off pretty slow, the younger Able sister Mabel mentions she got a letter one day and how it got her remembering old times.

RUU_1491.jpg

The older sister Sable mentions how her sister seems down, which gets her sad too.

RUU_1492.jpg

But since things are always busy with the shop, she has just got to suck it up.

RUU_1493.jpg

Even Pelly gets in on the story, telling about how all these letters keep arriving.

RUU_1494.jpg

Of course, anyone that is remotely paying attention could figure out that Labelle in the City is probably related to the sisters. So I went right to her to see if she was the one sending the letters. The first time you talk with her, she is tight lipped about anything. She just sighs then says she has to get back to work.

RUU_1495.jpg

Gracie on the other hand is more chatty about her assistant's problem. She doesn't say exactly what the problem is, just that her assistant is a mess which makes Gracie's life a mess too.

RUU_1496.jpg

Gracie is kind of a bitch. ¬___¬

RUU_1498.jpg

Tom Nook however spills the beans... even if he was just talking to himself. Sure you were you sly fox... er... racoon.

RUU_1507.jpg

The next day Mabel admits that the letters had money in them, and that it's from their sister 'Label'. She says she feels bad because she knows her sister can't really afford to send them money like that.

RUU_1514.jpg

Later on, Tom Nook fills you in on more of the story. When the sisters were younger and their parents were alive, they were all so close. After their parent's death Labelle and Sable fought and eventually Labelle moved to the city to become a designer. Mabel though was too young to understand all that was going on.

RUU_1523.jpg

Speaking to Labelle confirms Tom's story. She said she had a fight with her sisters that was so bad she can't even come and visit them anymore. :(

RUU_1524.jpg

Gracie will talk about how Labelle has still been down and how she is losing design contests. Of course, it's all about Gracie and how her life is a mess because her assistant isn't being ferocious enough.

RUU_1525.jpg

Seriously, I hated cleaning your car way back on the Gamecube! >_____<

RUU_1528.jpg

Mable talks about how she was so young when the fight happened, but now that she is older she understands both sides. How Label just wanted to live her dream in the city while Sable wanted Label to help out their shop their father left them. Mabel just wants to see her sister again. So sad!

RUU_1530.jpg

The next day, Sable says she overheard your talk with Mabel, and says she understands more why Label left and how she sends money.

RUU_1531.jpg

Sable of course wants to work hard to make their father's shop a success.

RUU_1532.jpg

She says things might have worked out after all, but the whole feeling is meloncholy.

RUU_1541.jpg

Later on visiting Labelle, you tell her that you know her real name 'Label' and she figures out that you are from the same town her sister's live in. She says she feels awful about everything that happened. After reassuring her about how her sister's feel, she's more optimistic about fulfilling her dream of being a designer and one day reuniting with them. :)

RUU_1544.jpg

Mabel says she has been doing some thinking as well and says that the only thing to do is remain cheerful and have hope. That if all the sister's are working toward their dreams, then she's positive they can all be together and happy one day! :)

gamingeek

Just to let you guys know, if you feel this thread is dead or whatever, there is a great there here. If you're looking to exchange codes, the site forum has an online code thread.

The GGWeekly feature also posts more daily gaming news than anywhere else on the internet too.

http://thevgpress.com/forumtopics/the-official-animal-crossing-wii-goty-hype-thread-_18_22.html

It's a small community of friendly people, so we dont want any stinkwads. But if you've got a sense of humour and aren't a jerk you're most welcome.

Deku

Banned
Are the DLC items such as the Pikmin hat simply unlocking existing items on the game disc or are they actually items downloaded ?

i love when i buy turnips three weeks in a row and lose money on them all three weeks, then the one week I don't play on Sunday morning, that tuesday turnips go for 526 bells.

Minsc

Gold Member
So is there any way to buy grass seed in this game?

evergreen_shady_lawn_grass_seed_1kg.jpg

My town looks like it could use a few cheap laborers.

>_<

Thanks for that, Koomaster. The Able Sisters were my favorite characters in the first two ACs (I think I was one of a very small amount of players who worked out you could get Sable to open up in the Gamecube version), now I regret skipping this one a bit more. It's funny how the NPCs in Animal Crossing often have ten times more engaging conversations with you than any of the normal villagers you constantly interact with.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BUNNY DAY TODAY!

e0mplw.jpg

DIG UP SOME EGGS!

23u2bo4.jpg

HAND OVER THE FOIL!

acewrp.jpg

GET THE PRIZES!

2qtz3ir.jpg

ADMIR... oh God what is this?

6xsuw5.jpg

That didn't really help.

Koomaster

:lol :lol I actually kinda like the look of the bunny day furniture. Liked it so much I went ahead and collected doubles of everything...

RUU_1609.jpg

(even saved some eggs I dug up to place on the tables - you know, to really drive the theme home)

RUU_1591.jpg

It was raining in my town on Bunny Day - horrible. But it gave me the opportunity to catch a snail (didn't even know they were available yet).

RUU_1595.jpg

Overshare! :s

egocrata

Banned
What can you do with the candy, by the way? Sell it to Nooks? Pass it out to the children? Evil!

The Able sisters tale, by the way, is just awesome.

Minsc

Gold Member
I love how the game acknowledges just how damned creepy that bunny is. One of the animals said just that when he was standing next to the guy, even more funny is the bunny isn't a real animal, but a person in a bunny suit.

Talk to the bunny from above him to make him turn around and show off his tail & zipper for a little laugh.

beje

Banned
Deku said:
Are the DLC items such as the Pikmin hat simply unlocking existing items on the game disc or are they actually items downloaded ?

They are actually downloaded and made on the go by Nintendo. They set like 250 slots for new downloadable objects. We know this because...

a) None of this new items have appeared in savegame script-kidding hacking tools, only fixed ones.
b) Some people have hacked new items to fill these slots
c) Nintendo distributed some kind of comunication alerting of such items (as the blue pikmin hat or the laserblades made out of axes) because they could prevent legitimate new items to be correctly delivered or even corrupt the save data when trying to deliver them

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
egocrata said:
What can you do with the candy, by the way? Sell it to Nooks? Pass it out to the children? Evil!
Save it for future events? I have a stack of red candy left over from the festival event.

Minsc said:
I love how the game acknowledges just how damned creepy that bunny is. One of the animals said just that when he was standing next to the guy, even more funny is the bunny isn't a real animal, but a person in a bunny suit.

Talk to the bunny from above him to make him turn around and show off his tail & zipper for a little laugh.
None of my town folk seemed to be aware that today was Bunny Day. :( They just got on with their lives.
I love how when you walk away he breaths a sigh of relief that he doesn't have to keep on dancing.

d+pad

Koomaster said:
:lol :lol I actually kinda like the look of the bunny day furniture. Liked it so much I went ahead and collected doubles of everything...

Hey there Koomaster and others: How did you get so many of the bunny day items? I think I dug up all the eggs that are to be dug up, and I only have about 6 pieces (plus a TON of candy). Did you time travel, or are some of the eggs hidden (not marked by Xes in the ground)?

beje

Banned
d+pad said:
Hey there Koomaster and others: How did you get so many of the bunny day items? I think I dug up all the eggs that are to be dug up, and I only have about 6 pieces (plus a TON of candy). Did you time travel, or are some of the eggs hidden (not marked by Xes in the ground)?

Save the game, load again and more holes will appear.

RagnarokX

d+pad said:
There are 30 eggs to find; 18 with candy and 12 with foils. You didn't look hard enough :p

Koomaster

RagnarokX said:
There are 30 eggs to find; 18 with candy and 12 with foils. You didn't look hard enough :p
Yeah, there is enough out there for 1 full set, you just have to make sure you check everywhere. If you are still missing some, you can save and reload. The remaining eggs are reburied in different spots which may make them easier to see if you missed them in their old locations.

I actually ended up doing the egg hunt 3 times. The first time, I gathered all the eggs and dropped them off near Zipper at Town Hall. I have been having power issues at my house and didn't want all that work to go to waste, so I saved the game in case the power cut out. When I restarted it, all the eggs were gone and reburied all over town so I had to dig them up again. ~_____~

To get a 2nd set, I had to use my 2nd Character Hollidae. There is one full set of eggs for every person living in the town.

Koomaster

Minsc said:

Agreed, he is rather creepy, especially when it's dark, cloudy and raining...

RUU_1592.jpg

'If only I had a better weapon to defend myself with', I thought as I approached. What a day to leave my axe at home...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
DavidDayton said:
Bah... the DSi is available until the 14th, right? I ask as I haven't gotten it yet.
Or you could ask someone to send you one as you can order them from the catalogue. However they do cost about 18600 Bells.

Top Bottom