• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official CNN 1/31 Democratic Debate Thread: Obama v. Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroTolerance

Man....who do y'all think Edwards is going to endorse ?

Both Bilary and Obama are now talking about poverty which Edwards seriously backed but Edwards is yet to say anything except that he will be meeting with both candidates separately and will be making a decision after that.... hmph.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
he will endorse the candidate in the lead after Feb 5. He's eying that Attorney General position.

Tristam said:
:lol

Oh PD, you're so determined to see Obama lose.

I'm more cynical and calculating than sentimental when it comes to politics, and to me Obama is nothing more than an empty suit, one trick pony. Great speeches and ethics are cool, but I require more substance from my elected officials.

Hillary is annoying, and robotic, and disgusting, yes; I won't call her a bitch because I've got more respect for women than that. But despite all that, I agree with her and would rather have a hard ass in the White House, willing to deck the opposition; I hate to see her stoop to the lowest demoninator against Obama, but I certainly won't shed a tear when she's clocking the enemies of civil rights, common sense, and tolerance

CoolTrick

Banned
I'm more cynical and calculating than sentimental when it comes to politics, and to me Obama is nothing more than an empty suit, one trick pony. Great speeches and ethics are cool, but I require more substance from my elected officials.

Hillary is annoying, and robotic, and disgusting, yes; I won't call her a bitch because I've got more respect for women than that. But despite all that, I agree with her and would rather have a hard ass in the White House, willing to deck the opposition; I hate to see her stoop to the lowest demoninator against Obama, but I certainly won't shed a tear when she's clocking the enemies of civil rights, common sense, and tolerance

Sums me up completely and I'd like to add it's annoying to see so many people fall for empty rhetoric.

Obama has little more than words behind his "inspiration".

ArtG

CoolTrick said:
Sums me up completely and I'd like to add it's annoying to see so many people fall for empty rhetoric.

Obama has little more than words behind his "inspiration".

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/ObamaBlueprintForChange.pdf

There you go, bud. Read up.

I'm sure that "decking the opposition" will be exactly what the country needs. I'm sure that'll help build the necessary votes to enact laws and will not result in the Republicans blocking almost everything the Democrats want to do. Winning a political fight and scoring a few political points is always much better than enacting law that will better the country.

Hillary 08!

ArtG said:
http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/ObamaBlueprintForChange.pdf

There you go, bud. Read up.

I'm sure that "decking the opposition" will be exactly what the country needs. I'm sure that'll help build the necessary votes to enact laws and will not result in the Republicans blocking almost everything the Democrats want to do. Winning a political fight and scoring a few political points is always much better than enacting law that will better the country.

Hillary 08!

The dems are going to essentially sweep the senate/congress elections, whether they win the presidency or not. IF she becomes president (which I've admitted many times is unlikely) she'll have more than enough support to do what she wants.

Cheebs

PhoenixDark said:
The dems are going to essentially sweep the senate/congress elections, whether they win the presidency or not. IF she becomes president (which I've admitted many times is unlikely) she'll have more than enough support to do what she wants.
Yep. Congress is out of the question. They are doing EXTREMELY well congress wise going into 08 in terms of candidates and pure luck. Nearly 25% of all GOP'ers in the house are retiring on top of that.

But that means little for the president election wise. Democrats gained seats in congress during at least once under reagan.

ZeroTolerance

Man...the crowd is loud as hell. Anyway, Bilary has just arrived. We all awaiting Obamas arrival.

The crowd: " Obama, Obama, Obama"

Tamanon

Banned
There's something slightly disingenuous when a CNN anchor tells you about Lou Dobbs' book and saying "It's something corporate America does not want you to read".....

Tamanon said:
There's something slightly disingenuous when a CNN anchor tells you about Loud Dobbs' book and saying "It's something corporate America does not want you to read".....
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

There's something slightly disingenuous when a CNN anchor tells you about Loud Dobbs' book and saying "It's something corporate America does not want you to read".....

Yeah, there's a lot of things wrong with that.

njp142 said:
So my girlfriend is super excited to watch Lost (me too), but I'd kind of rather watch this live. Anyone else have the same dilemma of which to watch?
I'm on pacific time so I'm watching the debate @ 5 and then Lost @ 8.

PhoenixDark said:

wow...well said

Tamanon

Banned
And already pointing out that its the first time for a woman and an african american.

INJECT THAT RACE AND SEX IN THERE!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
LOL. Who the hell is that old guy clapping? What a weird clap he has.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
There are no rules. This is Thunderdome!!!

Good job on the opening statement for Obama:

1. Props to Edwards
2. Smooths things over with Hillary
3. Brings in his vision

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Oh snap. Hillary pulling the "vote for Dems" card and "last republican admin. sucked llolol."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom