• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP) Import thread of Convoluted Nonsense

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
duckroll said:
Err, it's been out for a while. It's a 10 min video showing....... stuff.... and.... other stuff..... and it ends with "Reconnect. KINGDOM HEARTS" before showing some.... other stuff. Lulz.
It shows stuff?? Really know? Who would have thought? :lol

But basically it's not a secret ending like Deep Dive or Birth by Sleep (which only referred to a new KH)?

duckroll

Kingsora said:
It shows stuff?? Really know? Who would have thought? :lol

But basically it's not a secret ending like Deep Dive or Birth by Sleep (which only referred to a new KH)?

It's definitely a secret ending.
But not in the same way as Deep Dive and Birth by Sleep. Instead of a concept style FMV hinting at the art/location directions they will be heading to in the next KH game, this one sort of ties up loose ends and "clarifies" the relationship of the story in BbS with the stories in KH2 and KH DS.

It seems to indeed hint that the next game will be set after KH2, following the KH2 ending, and that Sora is still a very important character. It does not hint at what the game might be like, or what it might involve though, since all the scenes in the secret ending are comprised of things we already sort of know about.

So yeah, I would say Nomura trolled everyone again. That's what people who care about the story in KH get, and that's basically what they deserve anyway. :p

Kingsora

duckroll said:
It's definitely a secret ending.
But not in the same way as Deep Dive and Birth by Sleep. Instead of a concept style FMV hinting at the art/location directions they will be heading to in the next KH game, this one sort of ties up loose ends and "clarifies" the relationship of the story in BbS with the stories in KH2 and KH DS.

It seems to indeed hint that the next game will be set after KH2, following the KH2 ending, and that Sora is still a very important character. It does not hint at what the game might be like, or what it might involve though, since all the scenes in the secret ending are comprised of things we already sort of know about.

So yeah, I would say Nomura trolled everyone again. That's what people who care about the story in KH get, and that's basically what they deserve anyway. :p
Oh well there will always be a
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by sleep Final Mix that shows a real secret ending :lol

But anyhow if you want to be kept in the dark about the BBS story, don't watch the secret ending, right? :)

duckroll

Kingsora said:
But anyhow if you want to be kept in the dark about the BBS story, don't watch the secret ending, right? :)

I dunno, pretty sure most people are still in the dark after finishing every single KH game that exists! :lol

Rpgmonkey

Despite the ending "hinting" at stuff people already expected, and tying up more plot points than it makes new ones, I wonder what the people that feel the need to go and make long, insane, and convoluted theories after every KH game will try to cook up this time...

You wouldn't think it'd be as interesting when most the stuff shown isn't much of a mystery, and it's obvious who's going to show up again. :/

Peff

Is there any information about sidequests yet? I assume there'll be tournaments in the Olympus Coliseum and probably a secret boss, but is there anything like the Trinity limits from KH or the Puzzles from KH2?

What's the point in KH anymore?
Wasn't it originally just supposed to be a Disney tie-in?
Now it's full of samey looking nomura characters jumping arround and doing the same stuff they do in all the nomura games

Skilletor

Sub_Level said:
I like this thread because I can read the spoilers and still have no idea what's going on.

:lol :lol :lol

YES! ME TOO!

I'm lost as FUCK and I've played every KH game save Final Mix 2.

Kagari said:
I know that, but is it super fake or what.
Could be real. We had BBS, coded and 358/2 Days leaked on 2ch like this. Everyone thought having three KH games in development at the same time sounded fake. Then again, a full console game and it not being a KHIII...sounds pretty fake.

Pureauthor said:
Okay, I just... what... what.

The pic in the URL contains Vanitas' face and what I can only assume is his final weapon. You have been warned.

Here.

That is stupid in so many ways, I don't know where to begin.

Dr. Muganda said:
What's the point in KH anymore?
Wasn't it originally just supposed to be a Disney tie-in?
Now it's full of samey looking nomura characters jumping arround and doing the same stuff they do in all the nomura games
People still enjoy it.

Swag

Pureauthor said:

The pic in the URL contains Vanitas' face and what I can only assume is his final weapon. You have been warned.

Here.
I bet that the keyblade splits into two for dual wielding awesomeness and becomes a single for dramatic scenes

Kingsora

Pureauthor said:

Here.
OMG I want to press the link so bad, but that's probably going to ruin the game for me, must resist...

Does this game work with custom firmware?

NOT THE ISO, the UMD.
Nope, works on OF only :)

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Pureauthor said:

Here.
Surgeon Rocket said:
I'm seeing these images without having actually read the explanation behind them.... and I don't think I want to :lol It's waaay too much fun taking them at face value with absolutley no context. The layers of absurdity in these two images alone is unreal. I love it :lol

But I did go ahead and gorge myself on a healthy amount of other spoilers.........

so when does this series cease to be a guilty "pleasure"? :lol
Answer: NEVER. there is no escape :(

PBalfredo

Question from someone who hasn't really kept up with KH stuff: do the games still have Final Fantasy characters in it anymore? 'Cause I haven't seen any in any shots of this or 54324/1124 Days

PBalfredo said:
Question from someone who hasn't really kept up with KH stuff: do the games still have Final Fantasy characters in it anymore? 'Cause I haven't seen any in any shots of this or 54324/1124 Days
BBS has Zack (FF7) that's the only one though

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Ganondorfo said:
Why not, its one of the most popular franchises in the world, I dont get square-enix...
It'll happen, just not today.

edit: this just in square enicks decided in a press release that they will not be releasing kindomu haatsu in us or european territories,

fans are incredibly disappoint

Ganondorfo

Surgeon Rocket said:
It'll happen, just not today.

edit: this just in square enicks decided in a press release that they will not be releasing kindomu haatsu in us or european territories,

fans are incredibly disappoint

They should release it in march, in the same week as final fantasy 13, it would be the square-enix week.

Takao

Banned
Ganondorfo said:
They should release it in march, in the same week as final fantasy 13, it would be the square-enix week.

That way when BBS sells less then 100k they can say it was due to all the other RPGs launching at that time. It'll totally have nothing to do with the fact that BBS will recieve a fraction of the marketing cost that 382/2 Days got because funds were poured over to XIII's marketing.

I live in Canada, and I've seen TV ads for the DS KH, and FF Crystal Bearers on some channels non-stop.

Vamphuntr

brucewaynegretzky said:
Based on what? Dissidia and 358/2 took close to 5 months each. Why would this be faster? They haven't even announced it.

From what I've seen a lot of websites are currently set on may-june. For example, 1up has it for may 15 (lol a saturday).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
brucewaynegretzky said:
Based on what? Dissidia and 358/2 took close to 5 months each. Why would this be faster? They haven't even announced it.

Based on a guess.
And VA work is already being done for it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I miss the KH1 days where the game had a weird, but still kind of neat in a crazy way story that tickled my 'weird Japanesey story' bone in the same way survival horror games usually do. :(

brucewaynegretzky said:
358/2 Days and KH2 took three months.

April or Square-Enix sucks.

Kingsora

brucewaynegretzky said:
If they can localize Final Fantasy XIII for US AND Europe (a console game!!) in less than 3 months, they should be able to localize BBS just as fast, right??

But then again I wouldn't be too surprised if they wait till summer so that they can give BBS some attention at E3 :(

Top Bottom