• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 3 League Thread: The Imperial March (to the superbowl!)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thanks for offering mercy Ram,I just dont have the time to play Madden today.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Gunstar77 said:
Truelize, I will be able to play today or Sunday, whatever day you want.

3est Sunday afternoon would be golden, but let me know.

Sorry I've missed your IM's the last couple of days. We've been busy.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Alright, any time I see someone pick the Atlanta Falcons in random matchups, I have to remember to quit out. This one guy somehow had Keith Brooking on his defensive line. :lol I had 0 time to pass.

ck playing random games in madden online makes me hate the game so much that it would be in my best interest to never play a random opponent again. the things i (and you i'm sure) have seen are just fucking ridiculous

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
quick match is not an option....

falcons and eagle users are bitches...

I qb spy the whole game, well at least the first half of the first quarter because they quit when they see vick shut down..

the problem isn't with vick or owens or whoever, its with how most people run their defense. every game i play its the same shit: bring everyone up to the line for the bluff blitz, making it impossible to run and not much easier to throw especially with the 49ers

Fifty

At 8 PM FMT and I will battle. If I get over 50 yards rushing he will have to have an avatar of my choosing for not one, not two, but three weeks. If he holds me to 49 or less, I will have to wear the mark of shame chosen by him.

carter_vince.jpg

crap wrong thread the other time. you get a double dose of vinsanity!

fifty wins and gets 50 yards, gg :(

a few things of note:

* Held him to 40 yards in 1st half
* what is with the spread the d-line BS on obvious passing downs? come on dude you're not playing the colts here i'm not going to tear your D up that bad if you dont use that
* when it was 3rd and long late in the 4th tie game, and kyle boller scrambled behind the line for at least 10 seconds, found heap for a 20 yard catch and then heap broke 4 tackles i knew i wasn't going to win
* the last play of the half was bullshit. i had no timeouts and was just trying to throw a quick incompletion and like a laser ray lewis hones in and picks it off

anyways gg, i wish people wouldn't resort to the defensive spread line as i wouldn't have done much anyways, but it just makes the game less enjoyable :(

Ramirez

* what is with the spread the d-line BS on obvious passing downs? come on dude you're not playing the colts here i'm not going to tear your D up that bad if you dont use that

As I've been saying for well...EVER,it almost breaks the game. :|

Fifty

Almost everyone does it against me, so I've had to use it, but I certainly won't use it from now on against people who don't. I didn't know it was overpowered, unless it was done manually.

Mrbob

:lol

Fmt you will not recover from the Gates TD reception on 4th and 1! :lol That one play demoralized your season! :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Malleymal said:
MATRIX??? tonight

Malley I can play anytime tonight...you name the time.

Slo

Are we only going to have 1 wildcard team per conference? If so, the wildcard race in the NFC is white, white hot right now. Actually both conferences have a nice battle for it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've lost 4 of my last 5, and after tonight I reckon it will be 5 of my last 6. :( I miss the G-Men. :( Good bye playoff aspirations. :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
I've lost 4 of my last 5, and after tonight I reckon it will be 5 of my last 6. :( I miss the G-Men. :( Good bye playoff aspirations. :(

So I'm your only freakin win in your last 4 games? That is so sad. When am I gonna get over the Madden hump and become a playa?

Slo

Lonestar, what night is good for you? I'd like to play after 10 PM Central if possible, let me know.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
So I'm your only freakin win in your last 4 games? That is so sad. When am I gonna get over the Madden hump and become a playa?

:lol Don't feel bad, I barely lost to Dskillz, the game with Slo was a lot closer than the score indicates (I was literally 8 yards from tying it), I am cursed against DM, and FMT made an example out of me. I was getting the breaks early in the season, so I expected karma to come full circle anyway. You'll beat me in our next game!

I really dislike the Bills playbook, Moose knows my pain. :lol If the Giants playbook worked at all with them I'd be all over it, but it's so TE dependent. If anything, I really like how involved McGahee/Shelton (my FB) are in the passing game, but there are literally 3-4 usable running plays. Sad too, because McGahee is fucking quality. Distinct difference from Tiki, and even Travis Henry. Man if I could only carry this D over to the Giants. :lol

Slo

Wellington said:
the game with Slo was a lot closer than the score indicates (I was literally 8 yards from tying it), I am cursed against DM, and FMT made an example out of me. I was getting the breaks early in the season, so I expected karma to come full circle anyway. You'll beat me in our next game!

Yeah, you probably would have won if you scored, since I was only up by 6. Like I said, I thought it was an awesome game. I was up by 9 with about 2 minutes left, CK kicks a field goal, and somehow managed to get an onside kick, then basically walked the whole field on me in the last two minutes to all the way to my 8 yard line. I got a defensive TD on the last play of the game and it kinda screwed the score a bit.

I could see the game slipping away but I didn't really know how to manage the clock in that situation. I had two timeouts, but I can't very well call timeouts when I'm up by 6 and my opponent is 50+ yards away from my goal line! About the time you hit my 25 yardline I was wishing I had more time left on the clock, but it was really too late to start calling timeouts at that point.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I lost it because of clock management. I pretty much just walked down field then decided to run it and burn time off the clock, which knocked me off of the tempo I had developed. I'll find a happy medium at some point, I lost to Dskillz because I scored too early. :(

1522front.gif

I understand he owns, but I'd like a game against you where Drew isn't knocked out in the first half.

Slo

Yeah you have some shit luck keeping him healthy against me. But I'd be lying if I wasn't rolling on the floor when Losman went down too, and Shane Mathews made an appearance. :lol :lol :lol

Shadax

Banned
Rorschach, Gunstar: I'm free to play our games now until 9PM EST, then after 10PM EST until 11:30PM EST. AIM: Atreides815 or I'll be in #ga on IRC.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Slo, that pretty much is exactly how I lost to Ror. He got a defensive td on the last play of the game.

I could be available for the next 40 minutes / 1 hour, then it's 24 time. 10 "CST" is just barely enough time for me to go to sleep by 12:30 EST

Mrbob

It's too bad I don't have the Vikings on the schedule. I've been beating up the top league players lately I'd like to add another notch on the victory belt agianst a division leader! I'd love to put that 2 in the L column for you Slo! :D

Rorschach

hgplayer1 said:
any time after 8 EST
Ouch...wait, any time after 8? Howabout 130am EST? :p

Shadax said:
Rorschach, Gunstar: I'm free to play our games now until 9PM EST, then after 10PM EST until 11:30PM EST. AIM: Atreides815 or I'll be in #ga on IRC.
double ouch :(

Ok how's tomorrow at 6EST (that's when you posted this right?) Shadax.

hgplayer1

Rorschach said:
Ouch...wait, any time after 8? Howabout 130am EST? :p

double ouch :(

Ok how's tomorrow at 6EST (that's when you posted this right?) Shadax.

um thats kinda late. its possible just not preferable.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Shadax said:

Ok, so where are you?

Shadax

Banned
Rorschach said:
Well, I dunno what to do...

Shadax: you're not available at all on weekends?

Yes, I just have been out of town the past two weekends....I'll be around all weekend this weekend.

Gunstar, I was around until 10:30PM, I didn't hear from you at all. We can shoot for tonight, I'm free all night.

Top Bottom