• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB Thread - 2006 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot
David_Wright_and_Jose_Reyes.jpg

Kuroyume

Banned
I couldn't find many of him at yahoo sports images. The one I did find is from a game the Mets lost in training. I'm pretty paranoid about stuff like that. It's the same reason why I don't have a Delgado image up right now. :lol After tomorrow's game I will ease up on that... :lol

Kuroyume said:
I couldn't find many of him at yahoo sports images. The one I did find is from a game the Mets lost in training. I'm pretty paranoid about stuff like that. It's the same reason why I don't have a Delgado image up right now. :lol After tomorrow's game I will ease up on that... :lol
Alright :lol

I should start posting in here more, it's pretty freaking hilarious. I think I'll join the fight as well.

Joe

ok we're up to 11 teams in the TSN salary cap league, thats enough to go with...

theres still spots available..

if you want to join

www.sportingnnews.com

create a new team, manually search for league GAF

password: steroids

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Kuroyume said:
It's almost here! :D

capt.flsn10103292113.mets_braves_baseball_flsn101.jpg

capt.flrs10103261953.orioles_mets_spring_baseball_flrs101.jpg

capt.fljf10204012036.mets_cardinals_baseball_fljf102.jpg

oly_full.57011866es009_astros_mets.jpg

oly_full.57011866es014_astros_mets.jpg

oly_full.57011866es002_astros_mets.jpg

capt.flbj10903242255.mets_cardinals_baseball_flbj109.jpg

Mets probable lineup

1. SS Jose Reyes
2. C Paul Lo Duca
3. CF Carlos Beltran
4. 1B Carlos Delgado
5. 3B David Wright
6. LF Cliff Floyd
7. RF Xavier Nady
8. 2B Anderson Hernandez
9. P Tom Glavine

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/...t_id=1375627&vkey=news_nym&fext=.jsp&c_id=nym

capt.flpm10203230140.dodgers_mets_spring_baseball_flpm102.jpg

:D :D :D :D

I'm throwing the guantlet down right now Kuro. You CAN'T cheer for both the Mets and the Yankees. It is illegal and would most likely get you beat up in the Bronx/Queens.

Also, if it were me, I'd put Beltan in the 2-hole, Wright in at 3. But that's just me!

Wellington said:
I'm throwing the guantlet down right now Kuro. You CAN'T cheer for both the Mets and the Yankees. It is illegal and would most likely get you beat up in the Bronx/Queens.
I do that too. Pretty much because I can see all of both teams' games.

Miguel

Wellington said:

The Matlock Doctrine

Mifune

Mehmber
Yeah, it's definitely not right to like both the Yanks and Mets. You're supposed to love one and hate the other. Or hate both.

And I don't understand why Wright is batting 5th, either. Split up the lefties, okay sure, but he's the future MVP!

Wellington said:
I follow the Mets, I don't cheer for them. New York rules and all but c'mon!
I became a Yankee fan when I was little when my uncle got me a Yankee jacket. My dad, a Met fan, was pissed. Ever since, he's been wearing me down, and I've started to enjoy watching the Mets more and more. David Wright is pretty much my boy. And hey, both Yankee and Met fans can agree on hating the Braves right?

Miguel

Funny thing, I hate the Yankees, Mets, AND Braves. I WIN!

Pick a second team that is not a rival to your favorite team. Yankees/Mets, Astros/Rangers, Astros/Cards, Cards/Cubs, Cubs/Astros, Yankees/Red Sox, Giants/Dodgers, Dodgers/Angels, Giants/Athletics. All no-nos.

Unless you're a fan of NL West teams, I'll give you a pass there. :)

Fifty

WTF, this damn game isn't on in Canada! Ridiculous.....just a sham. Sportsnet is airing POKER. Dammit dammit.

kamikaze

anyone else notice jon miller repeatedly calling the white sox the "major league champions" as opposed to the world champions...fallout from japan winning the wbc? has anyone else heard media using the term "major league champions" instead of world champs?

Miguel

I'm kinda back and forth on whether or not to cancel my MLB.tv subscription. (monthly payments). I'm cable-less at the moment, but it doesn't matter anyway, as I'm never home until midnight. I won't be able to watch the games played on that night, until 5am the next day, which isn't too bad, I could always go to sleep around 2am, wake up at 10am, then start watching the game while I'm getting ready for work at 2pm.

Yeah, I think I just solved my problem :)

This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for blackouts! Jerks!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Miguel said:
Funny thing, I hate the Yankees, Mets, AND Braves. I WIN!

Pick a second team that is not a rival to your favorite team. Yankees/Mets, Astros/Rangers, Astros/Cards, Cards/Cubs, Cubs/Astros, Yankees/Red Sox, Giants/Dodgers, Dodgers/Angels, Giants/Athletics. All no-nos.

Unless you're a fan of NL West teams, I'll give you a pass there. :)

I hated them before you were even born! yea!

Iceman

Yeah, if anybody has any news on the status of the game, please let us know.

Oh and for a laugh, here is a list of the starting roster that I drafted (auto draft) in my fantasy league:

Roger Clemens
Ben Sheets
Mark Prior
AJ Burnett
and
Armando Benitez

Nice. The only starting pitchers not on the DL that I got were Silva and Marquis. Thank God I got Turnbow and Speier at least. Otherwise I'd have no chance for pitching points for the first month of the season.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
FUCK YOU RAIN I WANT TO KILL THINGS

I did get some awesome pictures though. It was worth just for the hour long pregame celebration they had.
I'll post the pictures in roughly 90 minutes when I get home.

BarneyBP

So we're playing this thing at 11:50 pm now? I can't believe ESPN is running this Rob Schneider Tries Out For the Giants shit.

At least there was a South Park Smug Alert repeat.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

calder

Fifty said:
WTF, this damn game isn't on in Canada! Ridiculous.....just a sham. Sportsnet is airing POKER. Dammit dammit.
Hah, my brother called me up to complain about it not being on. I apologized on behalf of Sportsnet, then realized it wasn't really my fault so I yelled at him about the NCAA finals probably being the reason the sports channels were showing fishing shows or euro poker. Bastards.

They'll make it up to me with the hundreds of games I'll have available this year. :D I kept the Snet package all winter while it was totally useless (thanks for the regional lockouts NHL!) but now with all the US digital stations I'll have probably 15 games a week. Maybe less since I obviously refuse to watch White Sox games on WGN like any sane person.

Triumph

Banned
Kuroyume said:
I never get why shit like poker, billiards, and fishing show up on sport channels anyway. That shit is stupid.
Yet strangely not as stupid as anyone picking the METS to finish above 5th in the NL East! It's where they belong, really.

Kuroyume

Banned
Triumph said:
Yet strangely not as stupid as anyone picking the METS to finish above 5th in the NL East! It's where they belong, really.

The Mets finished tied for third last season. How can they finish any worse when other teams haven't done as well a job in stocking up talent?

Come on, use your brain. :lol

Triumph

Banned
Kuroyume said:
The Mets finished tied for third last season. How can they finish any worse when other teams haven't done as well a job in stocking up talent?

Come on, use your brain. :lol
Because they are a year older, and their top starter is going to fall apart when a brisk wind hits him. Because that top tier closer they just paid for is going to go down within a month for likely the whole season. Because Carlos Delgado will hate playing in New York.

But most of all, because they are the METS, and the only thing they win is the attention spans of baseball fans in the off season. Call me when you've won the division and then maybe you'll be worth listening to. Wanna go to the postseason? The road goes through Atlanta, pal.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
GOD DAMNIT FUCK YOU RAIN I HAD A 2.5 HOUR DRIVE TO MAKE AND I HAVE A CLASS AT 7:30 SO I LEFT AFTER A 90 MINUTE RAIN DELAY ASSUMING THE GAME WOULD BE POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom