• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official October 2008 NPD Results

gregor7777 said:
WTF is going on with the PS3.

That's a miserable showing.

I wouldn't say miserable at all. Slightly lower than September would have predicted.

The 360 just did phenomenally well in comparison.

I'm wondering if Sony will now drop the price of the PS3 in time for KZ2's launch and after they've gotten revenue from Holiday sales.

Would seem like an opportune time for them to do so, and not risk taking quite as big of a loss as they would have during the holiday period.

Now where is Chinner...

Great Xbox 360 hardware numbers, price drop had an effect. Disappointing Dead Space sales.

I think November and December will show a huge gap between the Xbox 360 and PS3.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Congrats Fallout 3 (GOTY) and Fable II!

Both games will just keep on selling for the rest of the year too.

And yeah, WTF @ PS3 HW. Wasn't expect that...

pickwick

"The PS3 realized the greatest year-over-year monthly unit sales increase at 57%."

I suppose that Sony will be very happy with this ?

Mrbob

legend166 said:
So we can agree that there's probably 2 million copies of Fallout 3 in a ditch somewhere, right?

4.7 million is worldwide shipment for all 3 platforms. With the holiday season coming up more than 80 percent of that total will sell through, if not more.

I would love to see total Fallout 3 sales. Getting top 10 only sucks.

I knew I was right about LBP in the Pachter thread.

Go Fable. Still need to buy that game.

So are we at the "Wait till Killzone 2" stage yet guys?

Little Big Planet could have a really good November though. And what the fuck at Fallout PS3 not registering.

Haha, so the guy in the predictions thread who had an "inside source" claiming Fable II bombed was indeed full of shit.

Amazing Wii numbers.

Very respectable 360 numbers.

PS3 = FAIL!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Private Hoffman said:
I wouldn't say miserable at all. Slightly lower than September would have predicted.

I'm wondering if Sony will now drop the price of the PS3 in time for KZ2's launch and after they've gotten revenue from Holiday sales.

Would seem like an opportune time for them to do so, and not risk taking quite as big of a loss as they would have during the holiday period.

Probably will happen around then.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
White Man said:
I think the real story here (aside from the regularly enormous Wii numbers) is the apparent bomba-ing of Guitar Hero. Is there some reason their numbers wouldn't make this month?

Dead Space also did a lot more poorly than I was expecting. I kinda thought that maybe both the 360 and PS3 versions would chart.
Only real reason I can think of is that there are 12 total SKUs (4 consoles x 3 bundles). Maybe it did much better than expected but none of the individual numbers came up in the top 10.

PlayStation 2 136K
ROTKthree.jpg

PlayStation 3 190K
FOTRtwo.jpg

Xbox 360 371K
ROTKone.jpg

Wii 803K
LOTR1.jpg

Nintendo DS 491K
LOTR2.jpg

Little Big Planet PS3 215K
LOTR3.jpg

Wii Fit 487K
LOTR5.jpg

pilonv1

White Man said:
I think the real story here (aside from the regularly enormous Wii numbers) is the apparent bomba-ing of Guitar Hero. Is there some reason their numbers wouldn't make this month?

Dead Space also did a lot more poorly than I was expecting. I kinda thought that maybe both the 360 and PS3 versions would chart.

bad economy = bad time for $200 game probably

clashfan said:
Props to Lionhead and Fable 2. Great game!

I though Fallout was going to wipeout Fable?

Yes, I remember a certain 1up-yours where it was said that Fallout 3 was going to steamroll Fable 2. It now seems that Fable 2 outsold all platforms of Fallout 3 combined...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yeah, Guitar Hero might be the biggest story, honestly (we all knew Wii would sell what it shipped).

Shocking that not a single SKU charted.

Haunted

Fallout 3 and Dead Space deserve more more more!

PC version of Fallout probably took a significant chunk of over sales.

Either it's the economy or people are finally tired of buying a new GH game every couple months and are still busy with what they've got. I mean, 6 games in 2 1/2 years...

eh, who knows.

watership

Private Hoffman said:
Great sales for LBP.

I predicted 200k. Seems like I was dead on.

Great news that it managed to make the top 10 in such a competitive month.

You spent the past day setting up those three lines.

legend166

itxaka said:
5 day in NPD + rest of the world :D

I'm not saying it didn't sell well. It obviously sold really well. But they said they had shipped 4.7 million copies. If someone wants to buy that game for cheap in a couple months, they'll have aboslutely no problem doing so.

White Man said:

!00% because of seperate SKUs, but even then I'm surprised none made the bottom top 10.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
People amazed at October's Wii numbers are going to fucking FREAK when they see November's.

Yes Boss!

Private Hoffman said:

It is fucking miserable...no way you can spin that Hoffman.

botticus

schuelma said:
Yeah, Guitar Hero might be the biggest story, honestly (we all knew Wii would sell what it shipped).

Shocking that not a single SKU charted.
In theory it could have sold some 500k+ for each system, but the odds of that even of a split across SKUs is unlikely.

Grecco

Awfull PS3 Numbers. Amazing Wii numbers

Wheres GH? Also if i recall the EGM guys said Fallout would own Fable 2

Guess not. Well Deserved for Moleneux too

Kandrick said:
2 days ?

It was 5, then 4, then 3, now 2 ?

Remember when Jerry and Elaine stay at his parents house in Florida and it goes from a four day stay to like 10 hours?

That kind of stuff always reminds me of that.

Top Bottom