• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official SQUARE ENIX presents DK3713 Private Party 2008 Thread (READ THE OP)

If NOT for the 360 announcement, would FFXIII make it out in the US before 2010?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flakster99

Mama Robotnik said:
postingguidelines.gif

right-click, save-as

Threi

notag
AranhaHunter said:
Can we expect new game announcements?
Im banking that we will see the most game announcements in a single conference since the Capcom E3 2008 conference.

So yeah i would be pretty hyped for it.

duckroll

schuelma said:
Yes, but for that the announcements were made at a pre event conference that was covered by the Japanese media. There wasn't anything revealed at the Party.

Nah, that's not true. There were announcements last year like The 3rd Birthday, FFIV DS and Dissidia. There was no pre-event conference or anything, just that Jump was leaked early as usual and carried articles on FFIV DS and Dissidia. The "announcements" at such S-E Parties are not actual announcements by a person in a panel or anything, it's just things that people didn't know about beforehand, and finding them either on display in video or poster form or both at the event itself.

soul

Rpgmonkey said:
Most likely a really obvious question, but Nomura and Kitase are actually going to be there, right?

most likely yes as the biggest games on the floor will be their games. S-E didn't post any dev. attending list so I doubt anyone knows at this time.

duckroll

Rpgmonkey said:
Most likely a really obvious question, but Nomura and Kitase are actually going to be there, right?

We don't know anything about the actual specifics of what happens when you go into the event. Unlike last year where they actually had a time table for stage events and whatnot, this year only has the manifesto of announced games that will be there, and in what form. We'll only know for sure what's there when the first batch of fans get in at 10 AM.

Desi

Rpgmonkey said:
I thought in that last interview Nomura said he wasn't. I don't know.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
duckroll said:
Nah, that's not true. There were announcements last year like The 3rd Birthday, FFIV DS and Dissidia. There was no pre-event conference or anything, just that Jump was leaked early as usual and carried articles on FFIV DS and Dissidia. The "announcements" at such S-E Parties are not actual announcements by a person in a panel or anything, it's just things that people didn't know about beforehand, and finding them either on display in video or poster form or both at the event itself.

Wasn't there a pre-event last Spring where stuff like SO4 and Chocobo's Dungeon was revealed?

duckroll

schuelma said:
Wasn't there a pre-event last Spring where stuff like SO4 and Chocobo's Dungeon was revealed?

I can't really remember. It's possible, but there were still games that were exclusive to the Party last year.

kevm3

Square has become somewhat repulsive to me, which is saddening since they were my favorite developers during the SNES and PSX era. I really wish they would stop raping the Final Fantasy franchise and come up with something NEW or at least put some money into a franchise a lot of people want to see a revival of. Chrono Trigger?. It's almost making me not care about Final Fantasy anymore. I have no doubt that if we do get any announcements for new games, it'll be Final Fantasy: Manovia Jesua Rainbow Jewels, Chocobo Breakdancing, and Moogle Bowling. Well, I don't think this event is focused on new reveals, so I wouldn't even expect that.

Vinci

Danish
kevm3 said:
Square has become somewhat repulsive to me, which is saddening since they were my favorite developers during the SNES and PSX era. I really wish they would stop raping the Final Fantasy franchise and come up with something NEW or at least put some money into a franchise a lot of people want to see a revival of. Chrono Trigger?. It's almost making me not care about Final Fantasy anymore. I have no doubt that if we do get any announcements for new games, it'll be Final Fantasy: Manovia Jesua Rainbow Jewels, Chocobo Breakdancing, and Moogle Bowling. Well, I don't think this event is focused on new reveals, so I wouldn't even expect that.

The World Ends With You says hi. As do Snoopy and Pingu.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
kevm3 said:

Just curious, but do people feel the same way about Nintendo? Even pre Wii, they did the same shit.

Durante

I really wish people would stop saying Square "rapes" the final fantasy franchise. First of all, as far as franchises go, FF games are about as different from each other as they can get. They (the main numbered ones that is) could just as well be entirely separate games. Secondly, Square just released TWEWY a bit back, the best DS game and extremely fresh. Soon they'll release Sigma Harmonics which looks completely unique, and The Last Remnant, which -- from what we know so far -- seems easily more novel in its gameplay than both of Mistwalker's recent games combined.

I still can't believe that people get upset about their naming of some games, while giving truly creatively bankrupt series and developers a free pass. That is all.

Nolan.

kevm3 said:

;_; square is rubbish... ;_; they hurt me... ;_; dagger to heart... ;_;

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Durante said:
I really wish people would stop saying Square "rapes" the final fantasy franchise. First of all, as far as franchises go, FF games are about as different from each other as they can get. They (the main numbered ones that is) could just as well be entirely separate games. Secondly, Square just released TWEWY a bit back, the best DS game and extremely fresh. Soon they'll release Sigma Harmonics which looks completely unique, and The Last Remnant, which -- from what we know so far -- seems easily more novel in its gameplay than both of Mistwalker's recent games combined.

I still can't believe that people get upset about their naming of some games, while giving truly creatively bankrupt series and developers a free pass. That is all.

People hold Square to an entirely different standard than any other developer in the industry. Capcom, Konami, Namco, Nintendo...they all do retreads, exploit popular brands with crappy games, almost none of them get the flak S-E does. I agree that they didn't do much in the way of creating new properties last gen, KH is one of the few that stand out. They seem to be taking a few more chances this go around. The whole FFVII series didn't bother me (other thant they didn't capitalize on it with really good games) but what has come out so far, has been pretty different. AC is a movie, DoC is a PS2 game, CC is a PSP game, BC is a cell phone game. Its not like we got FFVII, FFVII Extreme Legends, FFVII Empires, FFVII part 2.

soul

duckroll said:
We're 3 hours away from the event. Aya Brea is waiting for us! :D

Fuck yeah. if they port the 3rd birthday to some nextgen console I'll fucking hug Wada next time I see him.

Elios83

I have zero expectations for this event.
You can bet on the FFXIII demo in Advent Children Complete, in this way they will make the stupid fans (me included probably :/) buy their horrible movie again instead of putting the demo for free on the PSN as they should. And on top of that they'll even act like they're giving a gift to their fanbase :lol :lol

Then of course they could redeem themselves with THE remake announcement :D :D

kevm3

truly101 said:
Just curious, but do people feel the same way about Nintendo? Even pre Wii, they did the same shit.
To be completely honest, I feel even worse about Nintendo. After some of their awesome offerings during the SNES genration such as Yoshi's Island, I am pretty disappointed with what they are doing now. I haven't heard of any new Nintendo franchise that I absolutely must get. People used to call Sony creatively bankrupt, but when it comes to games, these days I'd even put the cape around Nintendo. I am not excited about Nintendo as I used to be. I know we'll be getting a new Mario Kart, a new Smash Brothers, a new Metroid, a new Zelda, etc. What I'm really interested in is a new Miyamoto franchise that isn't related to that casual gaming garbage. They probably have something in the works though, so we'll see. But you have to admit, E3 sucked for Nintendo if you were a 'core gamer' or whatever label you want to use.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WHAT?! 3 HOURS?! What sites will update us every minute? Gamespot etc?

ampere

gantz85 said:
Shane has just confirmed on latest 1UP Yours that the FFVII:AC Blu-ray will contain content that can be played on your PS3.

Probably FFXIII demo.
I hate hearing stuff like this because it gets me excited and I'll bet it's actually nothing special.
Demo for FFVIIremake please please please

Danj

kevm3 said:
I have no doubt that if we do get any announcements for new games, it'll be Final Fantasy: Manovia Jesua Rainbow Jewels, Chocobo Breakdancing, and Moogle Bowling.

I would so buy Moogle Bowling.

duckroll

Digital-Hero said:
=/ Aww.. Ok, Who's toenails do you want me to eat? :lol

Don't do anything foolish! The event hasn't even started yet! >_<

Moneyhats2k5 said:
I will cut you, I will fucking cut you.

(Also, PE3 on X360 Multiplatform will not be acceptable, exclusive only plz)

You want to cut him for speaking the truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom