• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix thread

Aske

I'm not a fan of the new art, but since all I require is Street Fighter + online in any form on the PS3 I'm very excited about this game. The little clip of footage is about what I expected from this project. Even if the art's not ideal, providing the netcode is solid it can't fail. I expect to appreciate Sirlin's combat tweakings too.

Teknoman

Wow, I want Commando now! Reminds me of Cannon Spike now. However...looks like im going to have to get it on PS3 since thats the only system i've got an arcade stick for (the whole SFII HD beta deal).

Dali said:
Change list for Guile is up. Too much to copy pasta so:
http://blog.capcom.com/archives/1183

This stood out to me because the upside down kick didn't ever look like an overhead attack to me.

Well, it certainly didn't look like a move that you should be able to block low though. Still it sounds like a nice addition.

I'm intrigued by the newer additions, adjustments, and rebalancing it really does sound like they are treating it as the succeeding installment of SF2. Would have been neat to play that godly Fei Long they had before they quickly rebalanced him again. :p

Dali

chun li's thighs said:
2511520391_b02fbec909_o.jpg

Thanks for the head's-up. I'm convinced the HUD is just a cruel joke the developers are playing on us. No way it'll look like that when it's finished.

Rad Agast said:
Is it wrong to be more excited about this project than the SFIV game?

Release the damn game already Capcom!

Considering that this whole project has been steadily heading towards disaster for the last few months....

Yes.

tha_con

Banned
Gah, me and my friends WERE dying to play this over XBL...but at the rate it's going, we'll all be preoccupied with Gears 2 / R2.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Well its almost June now and they announced it as a game at EVO2K8 which is like first week of August AFAIK. So unless they will have some prerelease build, it will be out by July. I am learning towards the former though just because so little info has been trickling out on this game. I think it was geared for Nov of last year so they must have hit some major bumps in the road.

kazuo

Liquid said:
the beta for this is june/july IIRC with bionic commando LIVE (???) and the full game is october. :lol

Beta releases with Commando 3, not Bionic Commando Re-Armed.

Game still looks like a fanboy flash game.

Oh, wait... it basically is!

I'd rather just pay 800 points for an emulated CPS2 version of Super Turbo with netplay and remixed music.

Seriously, This is a joke.

Oh, and to whoever mentioned getting BENGUS to the art... you know the guy(s) (and probably a gal or two) doing the art are bad when you'd rather have BENGUS.

Rad Agast

The-Switcher said:
Considering that this whole project has been steadily heading towards disaster for the last few months....

Yes.

If they stick to fixing the balance from the original super turbo, I don't see how it will be a disaster.

Are you talking about graphiczzz?

Chemo

Rad Agast said:
If they stick to fixing the balance from the original super turbo, I don't see how it will be a disaster.

Are you talking about graphiczzz?
Why not talk about the graphics? The game is ugly as shit.

On top of that, the constant delays do nothing but poke holes in any of the remaining good will toward this game. Seriously -- what the fuck is taking so long. How hard is it to redraw sprites and backgrounds for Street Fighter II? This game is a fucking joke.

Chemo said:

On top of that, the constant delays do nothing but poke holes in any of the remaining good will toward this game. Seriously -- what the fuck is taking so long. How hard is it to redraw sprites and backgrounds for Street Fighter II? This game is a fucking joke.

To be honest, i think they were waiting for MS to cap XBLA to 350MB :p

Rad Agast

Chemo said:

If I'm not mistaken, they'll have two modes, original super turbo and the rebalanced HD one. It's the new balance changes I'm most interested in.

Eriatarka said:
They should remake the game. Start from square one. :D

:lol

they did it before, maybe 3rd times the charm for them

but the fact that I'm not even looking forward to Sf4 but I am dying for the PSN release makes it so much worse

ShinAmano

tha_con said:
Gah, me and my friends WERE dying to play this over XBL...but at the rate it's going, we'll all be preoccupied with Gears 2 / R2.
Shit...I built a 360 compatible Saturn Pad last year thinking this would hit around the time I finished the pad...well here it is a year later and we dont have this...or castle crashers. :(

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Why does Ken look blurry as shit in that pic? Like, wasnt it being in HD the point?

Anyways, my dislike for the art here is well documented. Akuma's face is well done, but they beefed his arms waaay too much, he just looks silly with those tiny legs (just cause it works in an illustration doesn't mean it works in a gameplay frame)

Chemo said:

The game does not look that bad, seriously get some perspective. This isnt a new title, but a redrawn and tweaked. It takes time to HAND DRAW every single frame of animation for about 20 (?) characters.

Do you even realize how long that takes? To drawn..every frame... color numerous times (palette swaps) and then put it to motion. With a small dev team that's quite the undertaking.

Jesus, some of you people are WAYYYYYY too critical.

Outcast2004 said:
The game does not look that bad, seriously get some perspective. This isnt a new title, but a redrawn and tweaked. It takes time to HAND DRAW every single frame of animation for about 20 (?) characters.

Do you even realize how long that takes? To drawn..every frame... color numerous times (palette swaps) and then put it to motion. With a small dev team that's quite the undertaking.

but the fact it has been delayed and downgraded is really dissapointing. Its just lost a lot of the hype it once had. Specially with SF4 and KOF HD being shown already.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Outcast2004 said:

Nobody is saying it ISNT an undertaking. However, just because you spend 3 bajillion hours doing something, it doesnt mean the end result is going to be good or pleasant to look at, or follow the basic rules of animation.

I totally respect Udon for doing what they're doing, I just wish a more talented group of people were the ones doing it instead

Jim

WTF is with the 80s Saturday morning faux anime background characters? Way too bright and distracting.

2511520101_4900fe615c_o.jpg

And for supposedly using 1080p art, the game looks surprisingly soft and upscaled... grr.

Otheradam

Jim said:
WTF is with the 80s Saturday morning faux anime background characters? Way too bright and distracting.

And for supposedly using 1080p art, the game looks surprisingly soft and upscaled... grr.

Akuma's upper body looks WAY out of proportion in this pic.

Top Bottom