• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Ok Boomer" is stupid. "Karen" is spot-on

MetalAlien

Banned
2lkIUiN.jpg
Jesus Christ that image is spitting hot fire.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I came upon this a few days ago... It's disturbing to me... That Karen, who first tried to hit the lady filming, just wailed like a toddler because she was caught... Yet the behavior isn't what disturbed me. It's the way everyone else is acting towards her.

LOLOL.

That was so crazy I thought it was staged video between two women lookin for clicks. But then when it involved cops and a report, oh shit. These Karen retards are real.

If I was in a store and one person was acting like a kid and the other person was just standing there recording, I'd look in disgust and keep doing my business shopping as well. No time for idiots. It's not like there was a robbery or someone pulled a knife.

As for being filmed, the only time I've been on TV I didn't even know. In high school, a news crew came to my high school to film who knows what. I didnt notice. The next day people were telling everyone who was on TV or not and I was one of them. Friends said I just walked by with my backpack. Awesome!

For more laughs, here's some background info on the Karen incident.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That Karen woman is a mental case but I think the woman recording was playing things up as well. She is telling the police that she felt threatened but she runs around the Victoria Secret shop laughing at the mental case. Laughing to me does not = feeling threatened.
Totally.

One idiot on the ground crying like a 6 year old and the other uploading a video she clearly loved egging it on. In the link I did above, she claims "she was traumatized" too. And she's scored $38000 in Go Fund Me donations for who knows why.

That's the social media age for ya. Modern day drama queens looking for attention, and one clever enough to make money off it.

nush

That Karen woman is a mental case but I think the woman recording was playing things up as well. She is telling the police that she felt threatened but she runs around the Victoria Secret shop laughing at the mental case. Laughing to me does not = feeling threatened.

She's calling out podgy Karen's bullshit, not playing things up. Why do you think she is backing up the whole time? She's threatened by white fake crybaby making up any bullshit when the cops come around. That seems to be what happened anyway but without any physical contact.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

People laugh when they're nervous or when something seems too wild to be real... Laughing doesn't always mean finding something funny. Nervous laughing happens a lot. Even when threatened

And ole girl ran up and tried to hit her first... Karen tears are a threat in themselves... She got caught and didn't want to get fired.

Ionian

Are you a mod on her channel?
Nah just used to bother with twitch, gamers, music and the odd weirdo for fun. When everyone and their pet goldfish were making coin on it she joined and badly played games while talking about her lifestyle which was pretty privilidged and she didn't give a fuck. She wasn't even bragging, just talked about normal shit like her tit job and her life which was far from poor. Was kinda cool how honest she was to be honest but got boring quickly Shit game player though. Just using her 15 minutes of fame.

Just saved you a Google!

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Oh the fallout when simps found out she had one was extremely funny. So many angry simps. Amouranth still wins the prize for that.though.

Edit: shit at cp pasting on mobile but hopefully someone posts the classic meltdown pm. Very funny.
Now I want the link.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Recording people on your phone for viral "look at this Karen / racist / etc" videos (or any other similar video) is far more abhorrent than anything the supposed person on camera could have done, and there should be harsh laws forbidding recording & posting someone else like this. Not to mention the fact that there is always a lack of context; as a general rule, always assume the one posting a video for social media cred is the real aggressor. We have to get past this nonsense of trying to stir up online mobs for likes, and ideally create laws that permit you to be sued into utter oblivion for doing so.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Recording people on your phone for viral "look at this Karen / racist / etc" videos (or any other similar video) is far more abhorrent than anything the supposed person on camera could have done, and there should be harsh laws forbidding recording & posting someone else like this. Not to mention the fact that there is always a lack of context; as a general rule, always assume the one posting a video for social media cred is the real aggressor. We have to get past this nonsense of trying to stir up online mobs for likes, and ideally create laws that permit you to be sued into utter oblivion for doing so.
I don't know about laws preventing posting people acting foolish, but yes people that get out a camera and do nothing or antagonize are part of the problem.

nush

What have you got to hide?

SafeOrAlone

Banned
All this shit is stupid to me. These terms are memes brought to life. Pre-approved labels used to simplify things you don't understand. It's lazy thinking.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I don't know about laws preventing posting people acting foolish, but yes people that get out a camera and do nothing or antagonize are part of the problem.
I would simply say that laws should offer zero protection to the person posting another person, if you incite an online pile-on that risks the other person's job etc. In doing so, you should be taking a great personal risk if you intentionally stir up a mob and the other person can later show in court that you cropped the content to produce a false narrative etc.

What have you got to hide?

Yeah, let's treat it as normal for everyone to walk around with cameras, record others in complex situations, then crop & edit and post a contextless video online just for their own sad social media cred or a stab at going viral. Due to the nature of social media and the distorted incentives to create a controversy, one thing you can be sure of is that there is far more falsehood & fiction in these viral videos than truth.

It's just another form of bullying. The most insane part of it is that these viral lowlifes are just looking to score a 10k GoFundMe to double their yearly income, and are doing so by playing victim to a level far more heinous than even the ultimate Karen could be.

Toots

Gold Member
I know who would do such a thing. Also didn't know she was a MEMER. MEMER's are the best.
She's a political memer apparently, basically a modern day Aspasia.
Anyway i hope she'll never marry, so she can always be a memermaid, one of the most magnificent creatures of the sea...

Ionian

"Now I want the link."

Just look up amouranth abuse, there's articles and a chat log from the dude to her posted.

I'd post myself but I'm beyond shit with this phone. There a loads of hilarious links, new one I saw said something about the husband getting doxxed and harassed, wtf? Thought banana-Gate was the weirdest.

Just Google her username, some mad shit. Best part is while all these idiots are losing their mind she's making Huge amounts of cash for her and kickstarter and they're loving it. Imagine being one of the simps who takes it seriously. Hahahaha. Talk about the goose that laid the golden egg, money hhand over fist from spergs.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
"Now I want the link."

Just look up amouranth abuse, there's articles and a chat log from the dude to her posted.

I'd post myself but I'm beyond shit with this phone. There a loads of hilarious links, new one I saw said something about the husband getting doxxed and harassed, wtf? Thought banana-Gate was the weirdest.

Just Google her username, some mad shit. Best part is while all these idiots are losing their mind she's making Huge amounts of cash for her and kickstarter and they're loving it. Imagine being one of the simps who takes it seriously. Hahahaha. Talk about the goose that laid the golden egg, money hhand over fist from spergs.
I thought you were talking about the OK Boomer girl, not Amoutanth?

I would simply say that laws should offer zero protection to the person posting another person, if you incite an online pile-on that risks the other person's job etc. In doing so, you should be taking a great personal risk if you intentionally stir up a mob and the other person can later show in court that you cropped the content to produce a false narrative etc.

Yeah, let's treat it as normal for everyone to walk around with cameras, record others in complex situations, then crop & edit and post a contextless video online just for their own sad social media cred or a stab at going viral. Due to the nature of social media and the distorted incentives to create a controversy, one thing you can be sure of is that there is far more falsehood & fiction in these viral videos than truth.

It's just another form of bullying. The most insane part of it is that these viral lowlifes are just looking to score a 10k GoFundMe to double their yearly income, and are doing so by playing victim to a level far more heinous than even the ultimate Karen could be.

While I agree we shouldn't be just recording everyone trying to get a rise out of them to put it on social media(And I've literally never seen this happen in person so I'm not sure how widespread it is), the way you're phrasing the suggested law would mean that recording a cop in broad daylight killing a civilian could end up getting YOU thrown in jail. Need video to support your claims in court often times in situations like this(even if nothing happens, good to have some evidence on your side)

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Many of the videos I've seen are to provide proof that this or that person did the very thing they're being accused of. Especially how everyone acted toward the woman, including the police, I don't blame her for recording and posting it.

If someone is doing something and I don't feel like I'll be believed, I'll whip out my 9 Pro and start recording.

Black folks are less believed (that includes white liberals) than white people.

You can say "that's false" but speaking from my own experience, it's true. That includes the experience of others who've confided in me their own experiences.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Many of the videos I've seen are to provide proof that this or that person did the very thing they're being accused of. Especially how everyone acted toward the woman, including the police, I don't blame her for recording and posting it.

If someone is doing something and I don't feel like I'll be believed, I'll whip out my 9 Pro and start recording.

Black folks are less believed (that includes white liberals) than white people.

You can say "that's false" but speaking from my own experience, it's true. That includes the experience of others who've confided in me their own experiences.

But this has nothing to do with cases where you record the video for defending yourself, or to use if you are accused of something. That's fine, having a defensive video ready.

What we're talking about is people recording others and then trying to go viral by posting it to social media and creating an online mob, not in response to anyone trying to accuse them of something.

Ionian

I thought you were talking about the OK Boomer girl, not Amoutanth?
Nah OK boomer girl was the Rich one who talked about her tit job and boyfriend, then again so did armouranth. Just amouranth had the crazy. Pm but I'm sure OK. Boomer girl has had her own fair share too. Just 2 rich thotts. Brainless typical twitch stuff. Just the pm was hilariously bitter.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

GeorgPrime

Banned
I'll admit, I've laughed at quite a few arguments where someone pours out their heart and soul into it, only to be responded with "Ok Boomer". It's purely a comical thing to me. Although, some younger people legitimately think that being a boomer means that is a terrible thing. Not even close.

Enter Karen. It is always terrible to be a Karen. That is something you choose. To which people like me, have no problem hating your lifestyle. I just read an angry Karen complaining that the trash men "THREW" her garbage can. With all of the capital letters, exclamation points, and disgust included. While many other Karens responded with empathy that another Karen had to endure such a thing. They are always the most rude and angry with the people who do the jobs that they would never, ever, touch.

I can't fucking stand them. Having worked with them for years, they are the worst kind of people. They are fucking lazy, they think the world revolves around them, they are rude, they are nosy. When did Karens become a thing? It wasn't always this way. Meanwhile, no one puts them in their place. Can someone please do so?

End rant

One Video? Social Media Force?

They called it "One Hit Wonder" back in my days and after a while you just disappear again

Last edited:
Top Bottom