• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD confirmed for North America/Europe as digital download $19.99/£15.99/€19.99

waiting for this in HD instead..

X8mP9.jpg

Wan't all that interested...until I watched the trailer.

Such a pretty game, but I really want a physical disc. Hope the Japanese version has an English text option.

RedSwirl

Lame.

How come Capcom can't afford discs? RE4 HD got the same deal. But they released DMC HD on disc. So if its more than one game, it'll get a disc release?

Looks like I'm missing out on another game.

TLDR, quit being cheap and ship out discs Capcom.

Something tells me profit margins would probably be too low on a $20 retail release. I haven't seen a game launched at retail this gen for less than $40. Oh, and Okami has already bombed at retail twice.

Long huh? Like how long? As long as Xenoblade?

It's about 30-40 hours for your first play through.
That said, people say its long because you will constantly think the game is over only to find that it's not. To ME, this is one of the best things about Okami. How could more of such an amazing thing be bad?
To apparently a lot of others though, this is somehow a bad thing. I daren't attempt to decipher such bizzare logic.

Tizoc

I ISO'd my own PS2 copy to play it on PCSX2 at work, and it's sitting at 3.8GB. You honestly hoped they'll triple the texture size?

Isn't some of that data 'dummy data' or such? GoW 1+2 together are 12-13 GB on PSN.
OK fine maybe i was exaggerating the size issue, my bad.

Poyunch

It's about 30-40 hours for your first play through.
That said, people say its long because you will constantly think the game is over only to find that it's not. To ME, this is one of the best things about Okami. How could more of such an amazing thing be bad?

I loved this. To hell with the naysayers!

SoulClap

Hell yeah! I know it's a lot to ask from Capcom but please don't let this be a half-assed remake. So with the Ratchet games and FFX in the pipeline I guess that just leaves the SSX games for remakes?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
My purchase is entirely conditional on the quality of the port job.....

Withnail

Loved this on PS2. A HD update is fantastic news, I'll buy it on day 1 and I might even re-buy a Move controller if the implementation is good.

Risette

A Good Citizen
How many of you guys have gone back and played a PS2 on an HDTV? Most games look terrible.
Yeah, they looked fine on SDTVs due to the nature of CRT and being SD and stuff but when upscaling to HD + higher clarity display technology, things get nasty. Especially when you run into some of the shortcuts/tricks devs used to use or were forced to use due to hardware limitations. Numerous games were sub-SD (RE4 was like 360p), interlacing, that weird flicker filter (I think it was called that) AA method that just sort of smears the whole screen and causes ghosting, etc -- all these things become painfully apparent on HDTVs. They do not look nice.

yamo

First game that makes me interested in getting Move. How was the controls on ps2 compared to wii, did the game benefit from motion controls?

First game that makes me interested in getting Move. How was the controls on ps2 compared to wii, did the game benefit from motion controls?

The drawing did

For whatever reason (I guess to avoid being compared to Twilight Princess' controls), they made it so the attacks with the shield have to be done in a rhythm. You need to basically move the wiimote like a metronome to combo.

Beads could still waggle to win and I don't remember if swords were particularly different but I am pretty sure they were like a much slower metronome. The problem is, seeing as how this was a ported game by developers not even tangentially involved with the original version, there were no instructions to explain this rather unnecessary change.

yamo

Ok thanks, will await some reviews on the port to see if the move implementation is better than the wiimote one.

.JayZii

Banned
It has been my forever secret shame that I never got around to playing Okami. I will be getting this immediately once it's released.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
How many of you guys have gone back and played a PS2 on an HDTV? Most games look terrible.

Define most? I played Shining Force Neo and .hack//G.U. 1-3 to completion on my PS3 just last year. Plus bits and pieces of other PS2/GC/DC & older games on my hdtv! Stuff all looked fine to me!

Kesagiri

Day 1.

In fact, it's what I'm looking forward to the most for the rest of 2012.
A disc would be nice, but I have plenty of room on my HDD. I'm just glad it exists.

Why not 360/PC? :(

I imagine because the source code is pretty much lost. Part of the reason the Wii version wasn't identical to the PS2 version (I refuse to say it was worse because ultimately, it wasn't) was because they had to rebuild large chunks of the game since Capcom lost so many of the original HDDs and workstations containing the original code.
That was less than 2 years after the game came out. It's probably much, much worse 4 years later.

Top Bottom