• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD confirmed for North America/Europe as digital download $19.99/£15.99/€19.99

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This looks pretty good.

Too bad it probably won't be compatible with old saves. If I replayed I'd want to do so with some of the stuff I earned through my effort getting all those damn beads.

Blockhead Grande should be a separate Platinum Trophy

Eric C

Why'd I think this was going to be multi-platform? It would've been neat to see an HD Okami with Wii U tablet controls.

Well as long nothing major goes wrong with the port, it looks like this PS3 version will be the definitive version of Okami.

They should also port Okamiden to 3ds or something so it can have a playable framerate. But omg I am squeeing with joy.

That was a rumor last year. Okamiden on 3DS.

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/rumor-okamiden-coming-to-the-3ds/

but I guess nothing ever came of it.

Parchment filter is faint. It was only noticeable in the parts where they show both PS2 and PS3, particularly the clip with Wakka. It was much stronger in the PS2 version.

Better than nothing I guess.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!

Yeah no worries. The shitty YT compression hides such small details but when you get to the PS3 vs PS2 parts, where the original image is scaled up, you can clearly see the filter is there.

3Uq8r.jpg

No way the PS2 version looked like that :D

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
This. I'll pay $20 for a quality remake. Could be worse. They could be charging $40 like Nintendo did with Super Mario 64 on the DS and Zelda on the 3DS
Most definitely. I bought SM64 for $30 on DS because I never owned an N64, but I refuse to pay $40 for a remake of a 13 year old game I own. Fuck the portable fee.

Takao

Banned
Christ, the Vita port beggars on the blog. Like spoilt children.

To be fair, it's not like they're asking for Resident Evil 6 or something. This is a port of a game that's been ported in the past, and would work wonderfully if optimized for the hardware.

gdt

Woah, been planning on replaying The Wii version for awhile. I'll just do this one, normal controls and all.

Awesome.

gdt

Capcom pulled the same bullshit with the RE4HD/regular comparisons. According to Capcom, the GC version looked like playdough with vaseline smeared over it.

SO YOU MUST UPGRADE

zroid

Banned
PS2 is still definitive. Keep it.

what was wrong with the Wii port, btw? I heard something about credits, but it always seemed like the pointer controls were well-suited to the game?

I mean, aside from the IGN watermark :p

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
what was wrong with the Wii port, btw? I heard something about credits, but it always seemed like the pointer controls were well-suited to the game?

I've only played Okami on the Wii to a point and I'd advise against playing that version. Pretty excited about this though since the motion stuff is optional now.

LiK

Took out the paper filter textures completely and yes, the entire awesome ending credits was gone in the NA version. I'm not a fan of chopped up ports.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
well, ok, but what was wrong with it?

Motion controls were really tedious and moves had to be timed right to even come out properly. I got really frustrated trying to do a certain tutorial since the move would never register properly for me when I had tried for about 20 minutes.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Still never played through all of this. I guess I'll pick it up, barring a disastrous port job or something.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Motion controls were really tedious and moves had to be timed right to even come out properly. I got really frustrated trying to do a certain tutorial since the move would never register properly for me when I had tried for about 20 minutes.

Not all motion controllers are the same :p

Of course controls could still suck in this HD version as well, but don't assume they will definitely do so based on your experience with the Wii.

zroid

Banned

Interesting, this is actually the first time I've heard anything like that about the Wii version's controls, aside from something about shaking the Nunchuk.

You have to waggle to do regular attacks which is stupid.

Ehhh, that's not really a big deal to me. Waggle = button press. This is, after all, the same mechanic used by the Mario Galaxy games, which I would be remiss to complain about.

It also seems identical to the way Wolf Link controls in Twilight Princess, which, again, I have no complaints about. It's just a button press that burns a few more calories.

Not trying to port beg, but is there any reason this couldn't come to 360 at some point? The Clover games are some of my favorites, but I'm not going to buy a new system for them. It was on Wii so presumably a 360 version wouldn't be out of the question, crossing my fingers that this is a timed exclusive.

Normally I'm not too into the HD remakes, I'd rather play new games, but like I said, I love the Clover games. I've thought since the HD remake trend began that a collection with Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, and Okami would be amazing, now we're a third of the way there.

Edit: Just watched the trailer and it looks great. It's hard to tell if the parchment filter is present or not, in some scenes like the one with the sword guy it clearly is, but in other scenes like where Ammy is in the overworld is looks like it isn't. Seems like it's maybe only during cutscenes or something.

The shadows still do that cool thing where they sort of move around like they're pools of ink, I never played the Wii port but I heard that effect got taken out.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Not all motion controllers are the same :p

Of course controls could still suck in this HD version as well, but don't assume they will definitely do so based on your experience with the Wii.

I didn't say that it reflected the PS3 version at all! That is just my experience with the Wii version.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!

That's stupid indeed. Hopefully they will use buttons for such simple tasks this time around. Move has plenty more buttons around the thumb area than the Wii Remote (5 vs 1), so there is hope.

I didn't say that it reflected the PS3 version at all! That is just my experience with the Wii version.

Apologies.

Elios83

I've not much faith in this since motion controls generally have been a huge disappointment for me, but I hope that with Move they can fix or at least iron out the issues so that it's a worthy alternative to the classic controls.
Using Move for the brush makes a lot of sense, but if there are serious issues with camera control, lock on and movements...it becomes pointless.

zroid

Banned
Not trying to port beg, but is there any reason this couldn't come to 360 at some point? The Clover games are some of my favorites, but I'm not going to buy a new system for them. It was on Wii so presumably a 360 version wouldn't be out of the question, crossing my fingers that this is a timed exclusive.

I don't see why it shouldn't be possible.

Top Bottom