• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD confirmed for North America/Europe as digital download $19.99/£15.99/€19.99

BHK3

Banned
Yeah no worries. The shitty YT compression hides such small details but when you get to the PS3 vs PS2 parts, where the original image is scaled up, you can clearly see the filter is there.

3Uq8r.jpg

No way the PS2 version looked like that :D

They did the same thing where they posted some very small blurry image of re4 and said that was the gamecube version.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ehhh, that's not really a big deal to me. Waggle = button press. This is, after all, the same mechanic used by the Mario Galaxy games, which I would be remiss to complain about.

It really depends. Waggling is terrible in games that require precise combo-making. Just look at Ninja Gaiden 3 Move implementation.

zroid

Banned
It really depends. Waggling is terrible in games that require precise combo-making. Just look at Ninja Gaiden 3 Move implementation.

I think I'll have to try it out. I've had the Wii port sitting on my shelf for ages; double dipped because I had always assumed it was the better version, just never got around to replaying.

This thread has kind of shattered my supposed delusions.

Elios83

Not trying to port beg, but is there any reason this couldn't come to 360 at some point? The Clover games are some of my favorites, but I'm not going to buy a new system for them. It was on Wii so presumably a 360 version wouldn't be out of the question, crossing my fingers that this is a timed exclusive.

I don't want to go with stereotypes, but that's probably Capcom's reason behind their PS3 exclusivity... a japanese centric Zelda clone to an american shooters fan-base?? It won't sell, we won't bother.

Edgeward

I only had the wii version and the waggle and game not interpreting your drawings correctly put me off. I was looking into a ps2 version after giving up on the wii version. Glad that this is now real.

klee123

Will most likely play it using the D-pad. Controller was much better than the Wii mote.

Capcom is always known to do a few exclusives. Look at all the exclusive and timed exclusive stuff they gave to MS this gen.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Will most likely play it using the D-pad. Controller was much better than the Wii mote.

Capcom is always known to do a few 1-2 exclusives. Look at all the exclusive and timed exclusive stuff they gave to MS this gen.

PS3 is hitting its stride
for the 4th time

Wow, those PS2 comparisons are bullshit, I just played a little bit of it yesterday, it doesn't look that bad.

Wish it would be out sooner than "Fall".

Amazing news, I don't have a PS3 but this makes me really happy.

Okami was one of my favorite games of the PS2 generation, It deserves more love.

Gameboy415

Awesome to hear about Okami HD, not so awesome to hear it'll be digital-only in the US (most likely). :S

I've already 100%'d the game on PS2 and Wii already so I might actually go for the Japanese version this time.
I'll get the nice physical copy I want and I can compare the US/JP versions to see if anything was lost in translation.

KTallguy

Banned
I actually appreciate this very much, because the game is soooo gorgeous. But man I kinda wish they made a director's cut or something, and made the pacing better. The game is fucking long.

If it's not a spoiler, can explain why people keep pretending there are three okami games?

do they repeat the game three times by revisiting the exact same areas with minor variations?

Kaizer

Banned
Sweet! Can't wait to buy this, Day 1 for sure. Ironically, the original PS2 copy has been sitting on my shelf for years. I tried to start it up twice now and quit after a few hours. I'll have to give it more of a chance this time.

If it's not a spoiler, can explain why people keep pretending there are three okami games?

do they repeat the game three times by revisiting the exact same areas with minor variations?
There are multiple times where you felt you're foghting the final boss only to have some plot twist that reveal the real bad guy and you havent beat the game.

All new areas etc too. Its a great game with lots of content.

MrDaravon

I haven't played Okami yet, neat! I half-joked that I scrapped it from the backlog because I expected it to be re-released like it seems everything else is, and I was actually right.

I spent 3 years trying to find a PS2 copy of Okami, and now this... btw I still haven't played my copy yet >.<

I bought my copy fairly close to release I think for $40 tops. It has great cover art. Probably one of my favorite games even though I didn't finish it.

I'd me motivated to get a Vita for this at least eventually if we get a port there. Kind of late in the cycle for me to be buying a PS3. The HD visuals sure are pretty.

Tizoc

YE-*looks at price*-ye..hey wait what?
20 bucks? Sorry will get it on a sale, I would've gotten it Day 1 if it were 15 dollars (that's how much Stranger's Wrath HD went for I believe)
...unless the HD-ification is done REALLY well...and it's size is around 10 GB...then I might consider it.

Risette

A Good Citizen
20 bucks? Sorry will get it on a sale, I would've gotten it Day 1 if it were 15 dollars (that's how much Stranger's Wrath HD went for I believe)
...unless the HD-ification is done REALLY well...and it's size is around 10 GB...then I might consider it.
This has to be one of the weirder things I've read in a while. You won't buy it if it's [much?] smaller than 10GB?

CrazyDude

It's 5 dollars more. What were are you going to do with that extra 5 dollars?

I ISO'd my own PS2 copy to play it on PCSX2 at work, and it's sitting at 3.8GB. You honestly hoped they'll triple the texture size?

Paznos

Bought it on the PS2 and never finished it, bought the Wii version and barely played it at all but now that it's in HD and gives me an excuse to use my move controller maybe I'll finally complete the game.

Platy

Yeah no worries. The shitty YT compression hides such small details but when you get to the PS3 vs PS2 parts, where the original image is scaled up, you can clearly see the filter is there.

3Uq8r.jpg

No way the PS2 version looked like that :D

Still think this part is were they used the DLC filter ....

elcapitan

Ha, I just beat the game today. I finally cleared it out of my backlog and they announce an HD remaster. Same thing happened with GoW and Shadow of the Colossus.

Top Bottom